• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 III - Has arrived

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
Intereting news that the V7 will stick around...

Piaggio has filed a trademark for a brand new emblem, suggesting a brand new line of Moto Guzzi V7 models is on the way. The trademark, filed July 20, suggesting Moto Guzzi is getting ready a V7 III lineup, which we’ll probably see introduced this Fall at both Intermot or EICMA.

Whereas the brand itself doesn’t supply many specifics, we will draw some reasonable conclusions. The present V7 II line was launched in 2016 for the U.S. with the Racer & Stone variants with the Stornello scrambler becoming a new member of the lineup. These models hopefully will return for 2017 with a brand new Euro 4 compliant V7 III collection.

The new models will likely take some cues from the Moto Guzzi V9 Bobber and V9 Roamer that are Euro 4 compliant. The brand new emblem suggests the V7 III will keep across the present line’s 744cc displacement as an alternative of switching utterly to the V9’s 853cc engine. We anticipate the V7 III engine will share a few of the V9’s know-how, together with the lack of the antiquated Heron head design.

We shall see what the now unpredictable brand will bring in a few months time.

I guess MG have no option but to keep changing the V7 to comply with ever higer Euro controls.....and I am glad that they are keeping the model going.....but the number of different V7 Types will make future spares supply more cojmplicated.
We already have:
V7 Mk I with twin TBs.
V7 Mk 1.5??? - with single TB
V7 Mk 1.5 with oil cooled alternator
V7 Mk II - which only seemed to arrive yesterday
Lets hope the Mk III can run for a decent length of time.
AndyB

V7 Mk I with twin TBs.
V7 Mk 1.5??? - with single TB
V7 Mk 1.5 with oil cooled alternator
V7 Mk II - which only seemed to arrive yesterday
Lets hope the Mk III can run for a decent length of time.
I would call it:
V7 Mk .5 - twin TBs
V7 Mk I - single TB (fairly major updates)
V7 Mk I.5 - oil cooled alternator
V7 Mk II - Rotated motor & ABS/TC

I'm surprised they wouldn't add the V7 bodywork to the V9, but I'm good with that since I'll be building them to sell here.

I would call it:
V7 Mk .5 - twin TBs
V7 Mk I - single TB (fairly major updates)
V7 Mk I.5 - oil cooled alternator
V7 Mk II - Rotated motor & ABS/TC

I'm surprised they wouldn't add the V7 bodywork to the V9, but I'm good with that since I'll be building them to sell here.

I know I'd hit something like that!

$_57.JPG

Well, have to say we here in the two-wheeled mecca are still being deprived of trying or owning a V9. Still.

I stopped by Kustom Cycle in Buffalo last week and sat on a V9 for the first time. They had 3 but just sold the Bobber so it wasn't there. There were 3 things that I didn't like about it. (1) No tach, I have never ridden a bike without a tach and while not necessary I know it would take along time to quite looking for it out of habit and for those like me that ride more than one bike we may never quit looking for it. (2) horrible looking fuel tank. I don't know what it takes to put a V7 tank on but that would be a must for me. (3) What the hell were they thinking when they chose that fuel cap? Ugliest thing I have ever seen and doesn't even lock.

I am quite interested in seeing what Todd comes out with in the way of a hybrid of the two.

Side note: The guys at Kustom Cycle were great and have a very nice dealership dedicated to Aprilla and Moto Guzzi which is the first of that kind I have been to.

Well......
If the worst points are:
1. No tacho
2. Horrible looking fuel tank
3. Nasty fuel cap
..........then It can't be too bad.
AndyB

Local dealer here has several on hand. I've always liked it from the pictures and sure enough, to me both V9's are 20 footers. Up close every cable, hose, wire, sensor, ABS unit, etc. is in view. The tank appears to sit on top of the semi-exposed top frame rails. This makes them look very much like one of the current backyard customs being cobbled together around the world. So to me, fit and finish appear terrible. A few friends (and the dealer, who's a riding mate) that have ridden them give them big thumbs up, but I find the V7 much more appealing visually. Which is sad because I really wanted to like the Roamer.

This makes them look very much like one of the current backyard customs being cobbled together around the world.
Such the rage these days, and will be worth pennies on the $ in a few years time. Sad really, especially to see an OEM doing this. We'll see what the V7 III brings.

Local dealer here has several on hand. I've always liked it from the pictures and sure enough, to me both V9's are 20 footers. Up close every cable, hose, wire, sensor, ABS unit, etc. is in view. The tank appears to sit on top of the semi-exposed top frame rails. This makes them look very much like one of the current backyard customs being cobbled together around the world. So to me, fit and finish appear terrible. A few friends (and the dealer, who's a riding mate) that have ridden them give them big thumbs up, but I find the V7 much more appealing visually. Which is sad because I really wanted to like the Roamer.

It's funny, but others look at the same bike and claim the details are much better done than on my V7.

Shape of the tank or fuel cap is subjective, so meh, but quality of the components is a different matter.

Spy shot below. Same V7 platform, but looks like maybe they popped on the V9 hemi head. Intermot or EICMA may reveal.

IMG 8817

From CycleNews... pics below.
Moto Guzzi’s V7 roadster will get a new model for the 2017 model year, with the announcement of the Anniversario, limited to 750 models worldwide. The Anniversario – created to signify 50 years of the V7 range – will use the same chassis and engine as the three V7 III’s (Stone, Special and Racer), but will have new graphics, a chrome fuel tank with a reworked MG eagle emblazoned on it and a new leather seat.

As far as the Stone, Special and Racer go (and for that matter, the Anniversario), the engine and chassis platform have seen a solid going over by the engineers located on the heavenly Lake Como in northern Italy. The transversal V-twin engine has new heads, pistons and cylinders – although the bore and stroke are unchanged at 80 x 74mm for a power output of a claimed 52hp. The exhaust is new, with double pipe manifolds to improve thermal insulation.

The bottom end sees a new crankshaft and sump, with a reworked ventilation system that reduces power loss due to the internal pumping of the crankcase chambers and a reduced capacity oil pump capable of absorbing less power.

The chassis is the same double-cradle unit as before on the V7 II but with sharper steering geometry, a new set of Kayaba twin shocks, repositioned rear footpegs, a lower rider seat height of 30.3 inches and a new rear brake master-cylinder.

Each of the V7 III’s also has the Moto Guzzi Media Platform that connects your smartphone to the bike via a dedicated app, thus your phone becomes the link between the vehicle and the Internet.

The Bluetooth connection allows you to simultaneously view parameters including the speedometer, rev counter, instant power, instant torque, instant and average fuel consumption, average speed and battery voltage, longitudinal acceleration and extended trip computer. The “Eco Ride” feature helps to limit fuel consumption and to maintain eco-compatible riding conduct, providing a brief assessment of the results obtained during the trip – although we suggest you not try and look at the speedo through your phone while you’re riding, for obvious reasons.

Moto Guzzi V7III Anniversario Moto Guzzi V7III Stone1

Moto Guzzi V7III Racer

Moto Guzzi V7III Special

I actually like the top one.
Never cared for chrome fuel tanks but that one is pretty sweet.

Single clock like the v9? no thanks! They can take our Tachs but they can never take our ... uh ... no wait I want the tach bring it back!

Back