• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Heated Grips for MGX

keeft-mgx

Just got it firing!
Has anyone heard when heated grips for the fly-by-wire MGX will be available? Are any other of the California variants fly-by-wire?

Thxs

Keith

All C14's are the same, including the MGX-21
Well apparently not, dealer took of my throttle grip to fit the std california grip and the MGX is totally different. They said the MGX just has a wire harness coming out, and the std Cali is designed for a throttle cable?

Standard California 1400 (Touring and Custom) are fly-by-wire too, cable operated to a throttle position sensor under the tank. The throttle body is not directly connected to the twistgrip.

Hi Dave, yes, but it seems that the MGX is no longer cable operated to TPS, instead its all integrated into the twistgrip assembly with just a cable/harness exiting. PITA as I probably have to wait for a specific part to be made available :-(

Interesting. But should that matter for the heated grips, unless the MGX grips are a different diameter to everything else? I don't understand why they would change this, but I guess nothing is certain. If they are different, have the MGX grips gone larger or smaller?

Dave, my dealer made it sound as if the MGX needed a complete assembly as the grip and TPS sensor assembly are one holistic unit. Guzzi do not show/list heated grips for the MGX yet, which may substantiate this. I did email Guzzi USA to ask. but that was a black-hole.......

Dave, my dealer made it sound as if the MGX needed a complete assembly as the grip and TPS sensor assembly are one holistic unit...
OK, odd one Guzzi. New part # and plug off the throttle tube shown below. Not used on the other models, new to the MGX-21. Stock grip part # 2D000237

IMG 8980

Which should mean you can just pull the grip off and put on any after market grip like and oxford. No? Like I did on my Stelvio. Throttle tube stays with the bike.

Which should mean you can just pull the grip off and put on any after market grip like and oxford. No? Like I did on my Stelvio. Throttle tube stays with the bike.

That's what I was thinking, too. But before doing it, I would check that the heated grip connectors in the loom are still available (under the RH steering head cover). Perhaps there's going to be a new way of providing heated grips without additional cables.

Or as you did, go with Oxford or some other aftermarket grips.

One would hope that when your grips wear out you wouldn't have to replace the entire unit. That would be nuts. But then again it is Guzzi.

It seems the only reason I need to replace the entire throttle grip assembly is because thats how the Guzzi heated grip has been designed. Plug'n'Play direct swapout. As others have mentioned you can probably remove just the handgrip part if you wanted to use aftermarket grips (with or without heat) But I want to stick with official Guzzi extras (for now!)

I have just taken delivery of the 2017 california touring, part x it for a 2014 model and the heated grip button is missing on the clutch side no were to be found also no metion in the manual about the heated grips.
But I hear that Guzzi are releasing a full new range of accesories in the next few days so keep your eyes peeled

That makes sense as my MGX-21 has no left hand button that seems to have any function related to heated grips. I guess we wait in anticipation!!!

All C14's are the same, including the MGX-21

Todd,

No, they are not. The MGX-21 does not have any cables attached to the throttle. The 2014-2015 California models use a push-pull cable to actuate the "fly-by-wire" controller. The 2017 California uses the same throttle arrangement as the MGX-21.

Todd, take it as an honor.
More of an annoyance I don't need... so much that I may just stop posting altogether when it comes to Tech questions. No one seems to read what I write unless trying to find fault. ;)

More of an annoyance I don't need... so much that I may just stop posting altogether when it comes to Tech questions. No one seems to read what I write unless trying to find fault. ;)

Todd,

I do not love to prove anyone wrong. But, putting out inaccurate information is not helpful. Nobody knows everything, which is why this forum is so valuable.

I think Todd's beef is that if all of the replies had been read it would have been seen that he had already corrected himself instead of people just pointing out the fact that he was wrong.

I think Todd's beef is that if all of the replies had been read it would have been seen that he had already corrected himself instead of people just pointing out the fact that he was wrong.
Correct, else I have to go back and correct every other post I make... and if you read my post count total, you'll see that would dominate my time, which I barely have any of these days to hyper-focus on this Forum.

Back