• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Next SoCal V7/9 Ride - Where to and when?

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
Interest? Sound off below as to some dates and wherever you want to ride next.

I am open for the middle two weekends of May and last 3 weekends of June.

Anything similar to the 33 ride I am down for!

Sounded like we had a few OC friends that couldn't join? Any good roads from the LA area to Socal or is it mostly highways? Or otherwise maybe something up to Lake Hughes or Angeles Crest?

I'm open most weekends, Saturday or Sundays.

Sounded like we had a few OC friends that couldn't join?
Well, there was as many from further south that made it.
To keep it fair... If half that show are from south of L.A., we should go south every other meet, unless the OC guys and gals would rather ride North. I sure do miss my monthly Borrego Springs visits when I lived in Del Mar.
Once we hit June though, riding south gets into triple digits fast, so North might be the better option. I say we pick two dates a year. End of the month is best for me.

To all reading this (not directed at you Poppe)...
Only those who can really commit (this time) can comment, because we will flog you relentlessly if you steer the choice, and don't show. ;)

To keep it fair... If half that show are from south of L.A., we should go south every other meet, unless the OC guys and gals would rather ride North. I sure do miss my monthly Borrego Springs visits when I lived in Del Mar.
Once we hit June though, riding south gets into triple digits fast, so North might be the better option. I say we pick two dates a year. End of the month is best for me.

Only those who can really commit (this time) can comment, because we will flog you relentlessly if you steer the choice, and don't show. ;)

Hahah! That's totally my fault this last time. I only had one day booked all of April, and it happened to be that same ride.

As long as it's a Sunday I should be able to do it. And please not too far north, I'll be riding from San Diego.

I really enjoyed the last V7/V9 ride we organized, and I would love to do it again.
Really nice meeting fellow owners!

Do we have any straw-man dates for a ride?

So of those who will actually go, sounds like a Ortega/DeLuz/Palomar (and further to Borrego?) ride is next. Post on thoughts if you can/will ride if we have a solid date, end of June or July(?).

Never done those roads, but I've heard good things!!

I would say sooner (June ~ even May) rather than later (July).

Last edited:
So of those who will actually go, sounds like a Ortega/DeLuz/Palomar (and further to Borrego?) ride is next. Post on thoughts if you can/will ride if we have a solid date, end of June or July(?).

As a displaced San Diego native who has ridden every single twisty and wonderfully elevated road in Southern California so much that I could do them blindfolded, but who has been exiled to living in Northwest Ohio for 14 years, a place so flat you can watch your dog run away for two weeks, I have only one thing to say...

Th

For a guy who has lost touch with this group, I am happy to see these rides being organized! I would love to come down for a ride and looking forward to hear a date so I can try to organize my schedule.

I definitely won't try to steer the choice North because my spring is jam packed with stuff so I'm not sure I can even make it, but I'm going to start following this page again and do my best to get out for a V7 ride at some point. I live North of Fresno, but would come down for a ride if I can get the dates to line up.

Tough getting folks to commit as those here can see.
Once we hit July on, it'll get silly hot to ride South and inland. So again, of those who will actually commit... dates and next location?
I'm not a fan of the Crest on the weekends, and more so over the last few years here in the Santa Monicas because of the mindless crowds that gather for the RockStorePhoto dudes.

I hope the weather cools a bit so this can happen soon - I just purchased a Roamer and look forward to meeting some fellow Guzzi riders!

I hope the weather cools a bit so this can happen soon - I just purchased a Roamer and look forward to meeting some fellow Guzzi riders!
Me too, but we're months away from that. Let's keep chatting here to pull people out. How far do you want to ride?

Back