• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Georgia Guzzi Campout 2017

buellish1

Just got it firing!
This year the GA Guzzi campout is October 20th-22nd at Two Wheels of Suches.Come ride some of the best roads in the Southeast,enjoy food and friends at one of the best motorcycle campgrounds in the country! At TWOS there are lodge rooms,cabins,camping and food available Friday evening through Sunday lunch.Call or make your reservations online.As always no reservation are necessary for camping.

http://twowheelsofsuches.com/

Thanks for posting here. The Georgia Campout is always a great "unrally."

Given weather uncertainties at that time of year, I'll probably be on the Norge, and may trailer it down if needed :shake: especially if paired (as is likely) with Mom duty week there.

Bill

P.S. Can't remember who sent this pic of us back in July at T.W.O, but if you haven't seen it, here 'tis. :D

i-dpQBjwb-L.png

Thanks for posting that Bill,I had not seen it.That's Joe Alberts on Bill's left and me on the right.I look forward to seeing you in October!

I might just be able to make this one.

Last Guzzi Rallye I was at was in Emmaus PA around '86 or '87.

Hope you can make it! You live in Gainesville? I'm just down the road in Dahlonega.

Gainesville Florida!!! LOL I get that whenever I'm in GA & stop to talk with someone.

It's a good ride from here to there about an easy 8 hour ride.
I take back roads that parallel I-75 till around Macon then cut North East a bit.
Love the small towns & the country side.

Used to go up to Riders Hill when they were still in business.
Bought the 2011 Black Eagle from them & test road the 1400, V7, & Griso there.

I'm hoping a friend of mine can come also, she rides a Triumph Bonneville, lives in New Orleans & just finished a months ride up to New York. She was leaving for San Antonio Tx around the time the hurricane hit & I haven't heard from her so I'm hoping she is okay.

I just found out about this road closure on Highway 60.This presents a problem for anyone attending the campout from the south of Suches.The logical detour would be taking Hwy 19 north out of Dahlonega to the dead end and then left on Hwy 129 north over Blood Mountain,then left on Hwy 180 to Suches.

http://us13.campaign-archive2.com/?u=80dbe14272ec0b5e1a1bf5b4e&id=783046c791

Mike

I am trailering my Stornello to Atlanta this Friday, spending week there with eldercare and other duties, then "camping" in a motel in Cleveland on the campout weekend Fri & Sat. I waited too long to find closer accommodations. Should be "fun" hauling that rigette over Blood Mountain and Wolf Pen Gap Road. Not.

Wonder if I could park trailer at TWOS on Friday and pick it up on Sunday?

Bill

I spoke with a couple of DOT guys this morning and they will not be doing and roadwork on the weekend,so it should be smooth sailing for the lunch ride route.I will check the road surface on 60 south to the Stone Pile Saturday morning after breakfast if I can't find out what kind of work they will be doing next week.I had serious ear plugs in when I spoke with the DOT guys this morning so an extended conversation was not happening.

Bill,I'm sure you could get away with parking your rig in the parking lot on the south side of the property.I've seen trucks and trailers there when no one was staying at TWOS.

Highway 60 will be open Friday,Saturday and Sunday.Gold Rush Days in Dahlonega are this weekend,Saturday and Sunday so the town square should be avoided unless you just want to be stuck in traffic on an air cooled motorcycle.

Sorry I missed it. I picked up my Breva 750ie on Sunday night heading home from Texas. The nonstop ride from Montgomery to Kennesaw wasn't so bad! The previous owner of the Breva mentioned the Suches ride.

Sorry I missed it. I picked up my Breva 750ie on Sunday night heading home from Texas. The nonstop ride from Montgomery to Kennesaw wasn't so bad! The previous owner of the Breva mentioned the Suches ride.

Congrats on your new-to-you Guzzi.

And, yes, the Suches gathering was mighty fine.

Here's a pic of group ride -- taken by Wayne Orwig, with buellisih1 at the front on his (beautiful) Ballabio-- along the way. My hi-viz gear made me the logical caboose to signal all had made it to next turn-point. Actually, unlike many group rides of ... erm ... "other brands" ... this 12-pack did not slow down a single cage in 120 or so miles. :clap:

Best wishes for miles of smiles on your Breva.

Bill

Screen Shot 2017 10 22 at 220014

Wow, so many beautiful bikes. Here's my Breva:
1y0ffc.jpg

Not the most desired Guzzi, I know. But for the money, the most Guzzi I could actually afford. I figure she will be great for the Kennesaw/Canton commute I do most mornings. And She's my first taste of EFI. All that stuff really confuses me.

Wow, so many beautiful bikes. Here's my Breva:
1y0ffc.jpg

Not the most desired Guzzi, I know. But for the money, the most Guzzi I could actually afford. I figure she will be great for the Kennesaw/Canton commute I do most mornings. And She's my first taste of EFI. All that stuff really confuses me.

Don't poor mouth your B7. ;)

Interestingly, I think that the small Breva's looks have withstood the passage of time better than many others of similar vintage in all marques. Moreover, more and more folks of two demographics -- young new riders and Old Flatulents; I am in the latter class! :giggle: -- have come to see the charm in lighter machines. I am so happy with my Stornello just now that I could (but won't:rofl:) contemplate keeping it only of my present moto-harem. Moving it around in the garage is enough to sell that after trying to persuade the heavier beasts to go from point A to point B a few feet away.

Kennesaw to Canton, while trafficky as everywhere down there, is bound to be better than the reverse. Hope you have some trick back roads and not stuck with 575.

I am heading to Atlanta in the a.m. Taking two days on the Norge with no slab until 985. Wonderful back roads between here and there. Freezing here overnight, but I have electrics. Spending night in Abingdon, then a wet slog down to 30307 on Saturday. Return next Thursday and Friday should be more pleasant, but meteorology is the 21st century alchemy. :think:

Bill

Don't poor mouth your B7. ;)

Interestingly, I think that the small Breva's looks have withstood the passage of time better than many others of similar vintage in all marques. Moreover, more and more folks of two demographics -- young new riders and Old Flatulents; I am in the latter class! :giggle: -- have come to see the charm in lighter machines. I am so happy with my Stornello just now that I could (but won't:rofl:) contemplate keeping it only of my present moto-harem. Moving it around in the garage is enough to sell that after trying to persuade the heavier beasts to go from point A to point B a few feet away.

Kennesaw to Canton, while trafficky as everywhere down there, is bound to be better than the reverse. Hope you have some trick back roads and not stuck with 575.

I am heading to Atlanta in the a.m. Taking two days on the Norge with no slab until 985. Wonderful back roads between here and there. Freezing here overnight, but I have electrics. Spending night in Abingdon, then a wet slog down to 30307 on Saturday. Return next Thursday and Friday should be more pleasant, but meteorology is the 21st century alchemy. :think:

Bill

Very true. I like the Breva's looks quite a bit, but I like the Stone and Stornello even better.

Good luck to you on your trip!

Back