• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Hey from Seattle!

SparkyMJ

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hey folks!

My name is Mike, and I just picked up a 2012 Norge 1200 GT 8V. This bike has captured my interest since I saw it at my favorite local used bike shop, and after a test ride, I had to have it! New to Moto Guzzi, not new to riding.

I have only been riding for about 5 years now, but that feels like forever since I am only 25. I used to be a mechanic back in school, and I went to school for drone technology. I worked as a R&D drone technician for a bit, and now I repair jet engine fuel flow transmitters.

I now have 4 bikes including the Norge. My Ninja 300 is my rain track day bike, and my K4 GSX-R750 is my main track bike. I also have an '02 Ducati Monster 620IE I am in the process of restoring, and now I have the Norge.

I really liked the Norge at a glance because it was so inherently different from the bikes I have and have ridden, and it is so comfortable so I can finally get out to put some real miles down. I really enjoy the engine configuration and character of this bike, and I hope to enjoy many miles around the West coast here in the US.

Thanks in advance, I look forward to being a part of the forums, and offering any information where I can be of use.
-Mike

Welcome. Excellent choice of motorcycle, especially if it's Bianca Pearla.

P.S. Do yourself a huge favour, if you have a few Drachma to spare. Get the full fueling kit from GTM (store link above). It will totally transform the riding experience into a thing of wonder. Oh, and ditch the cat and howitzer exhaust system. You'll lose about 25 pounds.

Thanks for the advice!

I will look for a center stand, would be nice to have.

My Norge has a carbon fiber muffler on it, not sure which one it is actually but it looks and sounds very nice. I don't know if there was any other changes or if the cat is still on it or not though, I will have to look over the bike this weekend and take inventory.

Weather looks nice and a bit cool out tomorrow, so I think I will take some time to get to know the Norge a bit better!

-Mike

Last edited:
Congrats and welcome Mike. Questions go in each model section after a search first. Please add your info to our Registry linked below. Enjoy the site and the bike, sure you will!

Added!

A few of my buddies and I got to get out today and do a short day trip, and I took the Norge out. It was great! We did about 260 miles or so round trip, through a variety of roads. I found the Norge to handle the mountain twisties with relative ease, and I particularly enjoy the linearity of the throttle response. After I set the suspension settings to a good baseline for my weight, it handles corners very well and is actually quite planted, especially for the weight. I do think my front brake is a tad tired, as a few corners in the beginning of our spirited ride I definitely had to come down much harder on the brake than I am used to. My front brake also makes a slight whining/hissing sound as the pads clamp onto the rotor, so I think replacing the pads and removing any glazing on the rotors and cleaning the caliper pistons ought to make a good improvement. I have also noticed there is a slow oil leak on the left-front of the engine that has just moistened the area without dripping. From some searching it looks like I will have to inspect my oil pressure sensor and crank position sensor in the V. I will have to get to pulling the bodywork off in the coming days and start looking!

Great fun, I am sure to post some technical inquiring threads this winter! Mine is 2nd from the front!

-Mike

Fun Ride

Welcome to the Tribe in the PNW, I'm south in Olympia area. Upgrading both the rear shock and front suspension transformed the handling of my 07 Norge! Yes, Proper motorcycles have center stands and mid mount controls. Good luck with the Italian Mistress.

Hey folks!

My name is Mike, and I just picked up a 2012 Norge 1200 GT 8V. This bike has captured my interest since I saw it at my favorite local used bike shop, and after a test ride, I had to have it! New to Moto Guzzi, not new to riding.

I have only been riding for about 5 years now, but that feels like forever since I am only 25. I used to be a mechanic back in school, and I went to school for drone technology. I worked as a R&D drone technician for a bit, and now I repair jet engine fuel flow transmitters.

I now have 4 bikes including the Norge. My Ninja 300 is my rain track day bike, and my K4 GSX-R750 is my main track bike. I also have an '02 Ducati Monster 620IE I am in the process of restoring, and now I have the Norge.

I really liked the Norge at a glance because it was so inherently different from the bikes I have and have ridden, and it is so comfortable so I can finally get out to put some real miles down. I really enjoy the engine configuration and character of this bike, and I hope to enjoy many miles around the West coast here in the US.

Any maintenance items to watch out for especially with the 8V 1200 motor? My bike is a factory roller, so as I understand it, that is extremely good and takes care of perhaps the biggest potential issue with these bikes. I am new to owning shaft drive, dry clutch, independent transmission oil, CARC, and single-sided swingarms. Should I just get a factory center stand (mine is missing) for tire changes, or is there a good high-quality set of stands that work well for this bike?

Thanks in advance, I look forward to being a part of the forums, and offering any information where I can be of use.
-Mike
Welcome to the gaggle, Mike!

Thanks folks! Glad to be a part of the group.

Would love to do a meetup next spring in the WA area if any of you guys are local!.

Thanks for the warm welcome folks!

-Mike

Hey folks!

Any maintenance items to watch out for especially with the 8V 1200 motor? My bike is a factory roller, so as I understand it, that is extremely good and takes care of perhaps the biggest potential issue with these bikes. I am new to owning shaft drive, dry clutch, independent transmission oil, CARC, and single-sided swingarms. Should I just get a factory center stand (mine is missing) for tire changes, or is there a good high-quality set of stands that work well for this bike?

-Mike
Boy that Norge is a great looking bike!

Another Mike here & fellow Norge owner! Mine's a 2014 GT8V In white.
I must admit, it was an impulse purchase as I've also got three other bikes. None of them a Moto Guzzi either, but like you a Ducati that shares the garage.
I agree, the Norge is truly unique, comfortable, qood looking & capable.
The only mods to mine are a Mistral exhaust & evap delete. I'm contemplating some suspension mods as a two-up tourer I Find it a little too soft & in need of better damping. Others here have suggested the Nitron shock & Matris fork upgrade.
One word of advice, besides the well known oil leaks, try using ethanol-free gas, as the tank reacts to swelling & bubbling due to the ethanol. Enjoy it & ride safe & far..mines currently got 72k on the odometer!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230305-155748.png
    Screenshot_20230305-155748.png
    202.3 KB · Views: 7
Back