• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

new to guzzis in AK

AK red

Just got it firing!
Just bought a 1977 t3 850 with 15020 original miles. Got it out for the first real ride today, put about 100 miles on it. Seems like a sweet ride. Paid 3000$ How did I do? Any suggestions about what to expect from this year and model?

AK Red, 'expect' no one near by will have so much as a spark-plug of correct size in stock.
Plan ahead... far ahead. Sounds like a great bike for up here.
Don.

yukonica said:
AK Red, 'expect' no one near by will have so much as a spark-plug of correct size in stock.
Plan ahead... far ahead. Sounds like a great bike for up here.
Don.

Actually the spark plug for that bike is quite common. The NGK B6ES works well and is stocked by just about every auto parts house. Even some snowmobiles use that plug!! Mail order for Guzzi particular items if pretty easy. I don't know of an equivalent oil filter for the bike like the newer 1100 so you are pretty much stuck getting them from a dealer or MG cycle as well as other bits and gaskets. As for the price paid, if she is in good condition (and is seems she is) then she was worth that price to you. Besides, everything is more expensive in Alaska!! Welcome to the Guzzi world and if you have further questions post in the Tonti and Loop section.

Hi John ... you have snowmobiles in Alabama? Now That is hard core not giving up on winter!
Here in Yukon I went to three snow machine dealers, (two of which also sell bikes), two auto parts stores, and our ever present Canadian Tire looking for a set of plugs for my 2013~V7. The Honda dealer found it listed in a catalogue and ordered them in for me.... about a week. Maybe I should hunt down an older bike so I've something to ride.
If you can't say it online would you PM me with the name of the best mail order parts supplier you know?
Thanks.
Don.

yukonica said:
Hi John ... you have snowmobiles in Alabama? Now That is hard core not giving up on winter!
Here in Yukon I went to three snow machine dealers, (two of which also sell bikes), two auto parts stores, and our ever present Canadian Tire looking for a set of plugs for my 2013~V7. The Honda dealer found it listed in a catalogue and ordered them in for me.... about a week. Maybe I should hunt down an older bike so I've something to ride.
If you can't say it online would you PM me with the name of the best mail order parts supplier you know?
Thanks.
Don.

Don, I'm a transplant. I grew up in New England. Plenty of snow and cold there!!

For mail order there are a couple of dealers with good inventory that come to mind. Moto International would be the closest so shipping should be quicker. If they don't have it try Harper's Moto Guzzi. For independent establishments there is MG Cycle.

AK Red , I will be in Anchorage last 2 weeks of June working at the Double Shovel Cidery. Come over and visit. Look for a V7 Racer parked outside.

Back