• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Levers and knee pads for V7 Racer ll?

RandomGRK

Tuned and Synch'ed
When pulling in my brake lever, I feel like I'm not getting the most out of it without squashing my hand. Are Pazzo the go to for adjustments?

I've notice some annoying scratched on my right tank. I guess I grip this narrow tank in some corners and the Matt finish of the 2016 US Racer scratches up easily. Anyone have any suggestions for something to protect the tank while not ruining it?

I'm trying to avoid something like in the below picture since it messes with the design. Anything clear?

Attachments

• PicsArt_05-18-11.07.24.jpg
    PicsArt_05-18-11.07.24.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 13
All I can say about levers is don't get the cheap eBay ones. I've always bought those for my previous bikes and they were good enough, but the ones I just bought for my special are a crap fit. I'm trying to send them back and then I'll just bite the bullet and get some Pazzos or the other fancy brand, crg I believe. Maybe some have had luck with the eBay ones but I did not, they're way to thick at the mounting point

All I can say about levers is don't get the cheap eBay ones. I've always bought those for my previous bikes and they were good enough, but the ones I just bought for my special are a crap fit. I'm trying to send them back and then I'll just bite the bullet and get some Pazzos or the other fancy brand, crg I believe. Maybe some have had luck with the eBay ones but I did not, they're way to thick at the mounting point

I won't get ebay ones. Trying to do everything right with this bike. Cheaped out too many times and regretted it.

I won't get ebay ones. Trying to do everything right with this bike. Cheaped out too many times and regretted it.

Yeah I cheaped out a lot with my FZ-07, after these levers I made the final decision. No cheap parts on this bike. Quality wise.

When pulling in my brake lever, I feel like I'm not getting the most out of it without squashing my hand. Are Pazzo the go to for adjustments?

Probably not exactly what you were expecting to hear, but... I would seriously recommend that you take a look at the Brembo RCS Radial Front Brake Master that Todd sells here on the Store.

I ended up coming around to this item for different specific reasons, but for a more-or-less related issue - that fact that the stock brakes, while adequate, DO require a very firm grip if you want to use the brake aggressively.

The new master comes with an integral and very nice adjustable brake lever. ;)
... but more importantly it gives you more braking power and control and directly addresses the issue that is causing you to look for new levers in the first place.

Probably not exactly what you were expecting to hear, but... I would seriously recommend that you take a look at the Brembo RCS Radial Front Brake Master that Todd sells.

I ended up coming around to this item for different specific reasons, but for a more-or-less related issue - that fact that the stock brakes, while adequate, DO require a very firm grip if you want to use the brake aggressively.

The new master comes with an integral and very nice adjustable brake lever. ;)
... but more importantly it gives you more braking power and control and directly addresses the issue that is causing you to look for new levers in the first place.

Thank you. Look like an option which I need to think about. Changing out tires too so times are expensive. Which one would go on the V7 Racer? The 15 or the 17?

Have you achieved a much lighter yet effective pull? I see the reservoir kit is also needed which is another $60. Ouch...

It's an expensive package - for sure - but, yes, it delivers a fingertip-light pull for VERY effective stopping.

Todd described to me as a 40% quantitative increase in braking power. It feels like much more than that. It truly becomes fingertip operation.

I just added the T-Drive rotor to my set up this weekend. On some level adding the rotor was superfluous. Todd described it as getting another 20% on top of the 40% increase added by the RCS Master and 4-pad caliper (with which I was totally happy). But... it becomes sublime: You think it. It happens. Tip of your fingers. (I went with the RCS 15)

Email Todd and I'm sure he'll let you know the details. For my part, I'm very happy with the RCS. It's impressive and surprising how nice of bike you can put together on this V7 platform!

Last edited:
As for the tank they also sell a clear plastic tank guard material at various outlets. I bought some from Aerostich years ago to protect a fender.

As for the tank they also sell a clear plastic tank guard material at various outlets. I bought some from Aerostich years ago to protect a fender.

SWEET..I am also in search of "more affordable" tank guards...the guzzi one are just too rich for my blood LOL...

Starting to notice a bit of rubbing mark from my knee armor in the my pants...so so so annoyed at those...

Also agreed with don't cheap out on levers...

I accidently snap off my clutch lever tip and had to get a replacement...

well, bought a set of "chazzo" for 35 bux...it WORK but it fits like crap & the rubber boot goes over the clutch now is all over the place...

Spend the dough and get good levers...

Motocross shops sell clear plastic "scuff" (self adhesive) to protect the plastics and decals on MX bikes, it maybe an option for your tank

For paint protection films on my motorcycles, such as tank "knee scuff" guards, I use these guys. They sell the best paint protection films in the world made by 3M. These films are unique in that they can be safely removed at a later date without damaging the original paint surface. (All paint films will eventually need to be removed and/or replaced - think about it!)

http://www.clearmask.com

Ignore the vehicle specific die cut stuff and look at the linear foot bulk stuff under the STORE button.

Pay attention, there are paint films, and light protection films sold in bulk sizes. Do some reading there and make sure you are getting the right product for what you want to do. Follow the included installation directions EXACTLY and you will have fantastic, world class results every time.

The last stuff I bought was the Lightgard product listed below, which I cut to fit by first designing my shape with plain printer paper, shaping it with scissors and scotch taping it to the bike, on, off, cut a little, back on, until I like it. Then, I place the film on a solid cutting surface, lay my template over it, trace the outline with a very fine tip marker, then cut out with a brand new pair of inexpensive scissors. There are directions to appy it with soapy water and a squeegee (I bought a very small squeegee at Lowes in the cleaning products section of all places for a couple of dollars)

This particular piece was the Lightgard thick 14 mil kind, 30 inches wide, by 1 foot in length. I cut it as lamp armor for the headlight on my V10 Centauro, because the headlight is almost irreplaceable and if you find one, it's over $600 market price now.

I hope this helps you and Good Luck!

Scott
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your recent order!

Your Order Number: 11746
Payment Confirmation Code: 60T155621N787812G

ClearMask orders are individually manufactured in order recieved.Shipping confirmation will be e-mailed upon shipment.
Film kits are custom cut per order. Installation of individually manufactured kits is the sole responsibility of the purchaser. All orders are final.

********** Order Details **********

QTY - Product Code - Price - Ext Price

1 - ALT30 - 23.37 - 23.37

Lightgard 14 Mil Thick x 30 Inch Wide (per running foot)

Shipping: 10.00
Tax: 0.00
Total: 33.37

Last edited:
Back