• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Pirelli app.

farmboy460

Tuned and Synch'ed
I downloaded an app from Pirelli's website into my smart phone. Anyhow you can open the app and do test runs. What happens is the phone records for trip. Speed lean angles etc. So tonight I thought I would take a ride around my favorite in town roads back inforth accross the river valley. On a right hand corner that is a 180 degree corner I managed a 50 degree lean angle and a speed of 38 mph. That was on my California iii CI. The best left hander tonight was 40 degrees. Kind of a fun app if anyone wants to give it a try. On another trip I was on a roundabout close to the farm and I made a left handed turn at 48 degrees and my foot was rubbing the pavement. Keeping my feet straight on the boards now!

On a right hand corner that is a 180 degree corner I managed a 50 degree lean angle and a speed of 38 mph. That was on my California iii CI. The best left hander tonight was 40 degrees.
Methinks 50° is a bit ambitious, given that the motoGP bikes barely crack 60° (at least according to the on-screen displays shown real-time during the races). Actually, even 40° is a bit adventurous on Cali I'd reckon.

Methinks 50° is a bit ambitious, given that the motoGP bikes barely crack 60° (at least according to the on-screen displays shown real-time during the races). Actually, even 40° is a bit adventurous on Cali I'd reckon.
I was thinking the app could lead to "trying to beat my old record syndrome". On each ride you try to lean it over more and more and you know where I'm headed.
Still a very cool app. I'm going to check it out.

Very well could be but more than anything it gives you an idea corner to corner and trip to trip. Download it and try it your self it is quite interesting.

I was thinking the app could lead to "trying to beat my old record syndrome". On each ride you try to lean it over more and more and you know where I'm headed.
Still a very cool app. I'm going to check it out.
Lol they show record ride. By speed.

Like all aps that run on smartphones, the angle of the dangle is governed by the location of the phone in one's pocket, tank bag or wherever. Rarely do you get it to sit in the correct position in your pocket the same angle every time. Eat Sleep Ride is another that works quite well, too. They are a lot of fun.

I tried the app while riding my Griso today. 300 km through the Rocky mountains. Lots of fun. It's said my top speed was 212 kph. I beg to differ. The display on the bike said 225 kph. . It's kinda cool, but the info is not that useful. I think the are data tracking by offering a free app. They want to know what tires and size your running before you get going.

I tried it out today. It's very cool. 161 km/h, 53 degrees left and 43 degrees right. It shows all kinds of other stuff too. It even has graphs with detailed info on speed and lean angle plus it will show you on a map where you were doing what.

I was thinking I should get a mount for my phone likely would be more accurate. Glad you enjoyed it. I sure have had fun with it.

Back