• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Barend mirrors

I bought a set of Halcyon from UK. Retro look, moderate quality, foldable. Only real disadvantage is they are not built for bars with permanent inserts. Had to create a plastic washer to fill a gap.
Recently I put on Laverda Jota bars; I think the mirrors and bars now suit the machine perfectly.

you can fit CRG lane splitters but will need to make a minor mod to the spacer (i cut mine with a hacksaw, easy) and possibly a longer bolt. if i'm not mistaken, you might find a pic of my bike with them in this forum.

I bought a set of Halcyon from UK. Retro look, moderate quality, foldable. Only real disadvantage is they are not built for bars with permanent inserts. Had to create a plastic washer to fill a gap.
Recently I put on Laverda Jota bars; I think the mirrors and bars now suit the machine perfectly.

Just came across this post and see the inserts are permanent, that answer a question I posted earlier today. I have the Halcyon as well, and will try the plastic washer approach as you suggested if I can't get them bored to fit over the insert. I have customer that is a tool & die shop and hoping they can mill the mirror mount basically taking it from a slot to hole.

Hi Joe, the only reason I went with the plastic washer was I knew I wasn't sticking to the stock bars. If you are happy with the ergonomics, grinding down the mirror insets won't take much time. Having a machinist friend though: rather than changing the mirror joint I'd be tempted to ask for a billet washer made to fit in the slot. If ever you do move to a hollow bar you can plug in the Halcyon fitments and be done.

Looking at your post a second time I get the idea you are planning to leave the stock weights in place?... The weight of the mirrors act as a good damper. No need to mill a great big hole. The screw set tightens right into the existing core. I used the plastic as a cinch gasket and a spacer....

Last edited:
I had the Halcyon mirror mounts milled out to slip over the stock weights. Works like they were meant for each other! It just bolts right to the inserts.

I tried some Emgo's [shite] and Bikemaster...just used an M4 bolt that fit the inserts. Figured I would upgrade if i liked the bar end look/functionality.

I had the Halcyon mirror mounts milled out to slip over the stock weights. Works like they were meant for each other! It just bolts right to the inserts.
Wow! no wasting time at stop lights for you! I posted a suggestion last night at 20:18 and you had the job covered in your reply by 14:10 today.
... so can I call you when I need a part? Sato mfg is taking its time replying about rear sets fitting my 2013 special.
:)

Looking for barend mirrors for my '13 V7 Special. Any recommendations?
Thanks

Larry,

I have these installed on my 1200 Sport and on my '76 BMW R90/6. Really like them. High quality, and good field of vision due to convex mirror shape.

CRG Hindsight

IMG 2788 700

The initial fit was a bit too tight on the throttle and so I inserted a washer to cause the bar end to stand out a mm or so.

IMG 2803 700

Actually, on my R90 and on the right side I am using their Blindsight mirror, which is much smaller yet provides an incredible field of view.

IMG 1828 700

Last edited:
Just installed a set of mirrors from Corsa Italiana. Simple install by replacing the bar end weights with mirrors. They work great. About 127 a pair plus shipping.

I installed the Napoleon Bar End Mirrors on my Cafe Classic. Like the old school look. I cut off part of the mirror that would have gone in the bar and just screwed them on the ends of the bar. Work well and clear view behind me.

410183798.jpg

View attachment 7314 I have now installed a pair of thse bar end mirrors from Corsaitaliana in the UK myself and am perfectly happy!
very good material and finish. Clear recommendation
Sorry about reviving an old thread — those are really nice barends, and look like they would work well with CRG mirrors. Are they manufactured from (the now closed) Corsaitaliana UK? Or from somewhere else?

Last edited:
Back