• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Bob's Four Corners Tour

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
Our good friend Bob is circling the country currently, and I've asked him to lob some photos and words for me to post here. Here's the first (of hopefully) many...

"We are now in Chattanooga Tennessee and a day ahead of schedule after putting a bunch of 600 to 700 mile days. The 1400 is running strong and has been running 80 to 90 mph for hours on end with no issues, and is loving all of your mods. I’m taking it into Stan’s Guzzi shop in Gainesville Florida for service on Thursday."

IMG 0014

I thought I would post some info on my SCMA 4 corners of the US tour. My self and two friends on Harley’s are riding the 4 corners tour in 16 days instead of the allowed 21 days because of time constraints. We are riding mainly open highway except for hwy 40 across Colorado and Utah. We started in San Ysidro California then went to Blaine Washington. We are now in Tampa Florida getting an oil change before we hit Key West for the third checkpoint. The California 1400 has performed very well and we have been running a lot of 80 to 90 mph. The oil level stabilized at just above the add mark and if I added oil to that it would just blow it out thru the air box. I’m running Todd’s fueling and full exhaust system. Since adding the headers to the system and a fueling adjustment I have not experienced any hanging throttle issues and the bike runs crisper and stronger and cooler. Gas mileage has run from the low 30s to high 40s. The best mileage was thru Utah and Colorado at 4000 to 10000 ft getting consistently 45 to 49. At lower elevation at 80+ mph I was getting 37 to 42 mpg. I have had an issue where if I fill up the tank and in the heat and let the bike sit in the sun while eating it would flood the motor and was a bitch to get started. My solution has been to fill up when I’m ready to go and I haven’t had a problem doing that. I will try to get that issue sorted when I return to California.
The Guzzi gets lots of looks and comments and performs great.

E38CDEB3 AF4A 4AC9 90BE 9B0813A4EB33 8DB015C9 965C 429A A6BA 2F0656747467

heheheh and no wheelies in the parking lot you young whippersnappers!

Have a safe trip.

Alex

I thought I would post some info on my SCMA 4 corners of the US tour. My self and two friends on Harley’s are riding the 4 corners tour in 16 days instead of the allowed 21 days because of time constraints. We are riding mainly open highway except for hwy 40 across Colorado and Utah. We started in San Ysidro California then went to Blaine Washington. We are now in Tampa Florida getting an oil change before we hit Key West for the third checkpoint. The California 1400 has performed very well and we have been running a lot of 80 to 90 mph. The oil level stabilized at just above the add mark and if I added oil to that it would just blow it out thru the air box. I’m running Todd’s fueling and full exhaust system. Since adding the headers to the system and a fueling adjustment I have not experienced any hanging throttle issues and the bike runs crisper and stronger and cooler. Gas mileage has run from the low 30s to high 40s. The best mileage was thru Utah and Colorado at 4000 to 10000 ft getting consistently 45 to 49. At lower elevation at 80+ mph I was getting 37 to 42 mpg. I have had an issue where if I fill up the tank and in the heat and let the bike sit in the sun while eating it would flood the motor and was a bitch to get started. My solution has been to fill up when I’m ready to go and I haven’t had a problem doing that. I will try to get that issue sorted when I return to California.
The Guzzi gets lots of looks and comments and performs great.

View attachment 15052 View attachment 15053
..."46"... ah, a Rossi fan😉

That was a fun ride. After finishing the 4 corners my wife flew out to Boston and we toured back across the US. The number 46 on the towel was assigned to me to photograph at every checkpoint

…I have had an issue where if I fill up the tank and in the heat and let the bike sit in the sun while eating it would flood the motor and was a bitch to get started. My solution has been to fill up when I’m ready to go and I haven’t had a problem doing that. I will try to get that issue sorted when I return to California…
Do you still have the emissions EVAP canister still on the motorcycle? More than likely you are overfilling the tank and liquid gas is spilling over into the canister, then when you go to start, all of that is sucked into the intake causing your flooding symptoms.

If you still have that equipment in the bike, try filling the tank with less fuel. Do not go to the top of the bung.

I bet you the symptom disappears like a fart in the wind!

I no longer have the California 1400. My wife decided she was done riding so I sold it to my nephew and bought a Griso. It was a great running bike and I almost kept it but my nephew really wanted it. It had 45,000 miles on it and ran better after it got past 20,000 miles.
I don’t know if the Griso has the evap system still on it, as I bought it from the original owner who had Todds full monty fueling and full exhaust system.

This is true of every European motorcycle I have ever owned. They get broken in about 35k miles, and then they just run amazing from that point onward.
If he ever wants to sell it I would buy it back. It’s a heavy bike but sure handled tight roads really well.

Back