• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Mandello visit, Guzzi Museum?

lucydad

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Famiglia
Hi,

We will be in Varenna, Italy soon, only 20 miles from Mandello del Lario. I am wondering if a visit to the Guzzi museum is worth my time? Is it open on a regular basis? I would need to break away from my family for the visit, but yeah I am interested.

cheers,

I would call ahead and find out their hours and availability. It's definitely worth a visit, I remember wandering through there during the 75th Raduno in 1996 and wishing I had more time... I'll make it to the 100th Raduno in 202!! :)

Thanks for comments! We spent 4 nights in Varenna and were busy with a lake tour, hiking to castle, and such. With very limited opening time, and train schedule from Varenna to Mandello del Lario I just could not work out a visit. We did see the town from the train. I also met a couple headed to the museum, he used to have a Guzzi dealership in Salt Lake City, UT. I saw quite a few Guzzis around lake Como as expected, the riding must be sublime, but challenging. Also saw several Guzzis in Firenze (Florence), and swarms-flocks of scooters. I can tell you this, in my opinion Italian motorcycle and scooter riders have skills a rank above riders that I have known. My MOTO GUZZI hat got a lot of smiles, and a worker at our Varenna hotel lives in Mandello and went out of his way to interact me with his very limited English and my very limited Italian. An iPhone pix of my Zaffiro blue V7 III Special got a huge grin and handshake.

Thanks for comments! We spent 4 nights in Varenna and were busy with a lake tour, hiking to castle, and such. With very limited opening time, and train schedule from Varenna to Mandello del Lario I just could not work out a visit. We did see the town from the train. I also met a couple headed to the museum, he used to have a Guzzi dealership in Salt Lake City, UT. I saw quite a few Guzzis around lake Como as expected, the riding must be sublime, but challenging. Also saw several Guzzis in Firenze (Florence), and swarms-flocks of scooters. I can tell you this, in my opinion Italian motorcycle and scooter riders have skills a rank above riders that I have known. My MOTO GUZZI hat got a lot of smiles, and a worker at our Varenna hotel lives in Mandello and went out of his way to interact me with his very limited English and my very limited Italian. An iPhone pix of my Zaffiro blue V7 III Special got a huge grin and handshake.

Sounds awesome, I'll be going to Italy in March 2019, a trip to Mandello del Lario is planned, one overnight to myself, just me and the museum. Should be Bliss.

Sounds awesome, I'll be going to Italy in March 2019, a trip to Mandello del Lario is planned, one overnight to myself, just me and the museum. Should be Bliss.

Definitely do it! I had my wife and two adult daughters on trip = my priorities were limited. Do note that trains do run to Mandello, check the schedule in advance. Also. Trenord tickets are often NOT available in small towns, so plan accordingly and buy them online. Mandello is pretty small, not much else except Moto Guzzi. Did you know that "Lario" is an old Latin-Roman word for "lake"? It was very clear to me that Moto Guzzi is a beloved institution in the Como area, and highly valued as an Italian owned, boutique manufacturing site providing employment not in the tourist industry.

Hi anybody going to open factory thingy. Or have been info needed as I will be heading down that way

Definitely do it! I had my wife and two adult daughters on trip = my priorities were limited. Do note that trains do run to Mandello, check the schedule in advance. Also. Trenord tickets are often NOT available in small towns, so plan accordingly and buy them online. Mandello is pretty small, not much else except Moto Guzzi. Did you know that "Lario" is an old Latin-Roman word for "lake"? It was very clear to me that Moto Guzzi is a beloved institution in the Como area, and highly valued as an Italian owned, boutique manufacturing site providing employment not in the tourist industry.

My wife and daughter are coming as well to Italy, but the Mandello side trip is just for me. They want to go to Florence instead, can you imagine that? :D Thanks for the info about the trains and the tickets, it confirms what I have found out as well. And "yes" I did know the meaning of "Lario", not sure how I knew, must be the rubbed off Italian paint in my blood.

Yeah, I can imagine. You will likely change trains in Milano...watch the board for train number, time and track...and then get your body moving to board, you don't have much time. Trenord local trains are packed, plan on standing part of the time...unless your timing is slower than ours...enjoy!

Back