• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New sport-touring model

You're absolutely correct. The models you're referencing are often referred to as 'Sport Tourers' but for the sake of this thread my intent when pitching this idea was the slightly sportier end of the sport touring spectrum (a Panigale being on one end and a Goldwing on the other). I probably shouldn't have used the term 'Sport Touring' in the first instance and focused on examples. I'm thinking of a BMW R1200RS equivalent not R1200RT.

Interesting in that you are both right. When friends and colleagues ask "what type of motorcycle do you ride?", I now find myself saying, "I ride a Touring Bike". In years past, I would have referred to my Norge as a "Sport Touring Bike". I now view the Ninja H2SX and Ninja 1000 with bags as "Sport Touring", and the FJR, Concours 14, R1200 RT, Trophy, and Norge as bigger, bulkier, "Touring" bikes. Everything should go on diet the older I get.

Another note discussed in this thread is the seat height on the new ADV's. At 5'8", most ADV bikes are way too tall for me - hopefully the new Guzzi V85TT will be somewhere in the middle on seat height.

Could the new V85 with the right body work, some nice, stylized bags, modern colors, and a full boat of electronics be the next Moto Guzzi "Sport Touring Bike"?

Dale Baker
Good point. Seat height is another critical point that's often missed. With a limited capacity to build a range of models, building a tall ADV seems too limiting.
In regards to the V85 option I feel the engine would be under powered. I'm no speed freak but I want a good surge of torque out of corners especially if carrying a pillion. Considering KTM, Ducati and BMW now have twins around the 1300cc mark it's within reason to expect the use of the 1400 Audace engine in our new 'Le Mans' dream machine.

Hi Todd, Semi-related, but wanted to let you know your new updated website is phenomenal. Well done! The photography is breathtaking. An absolute inspiration.

https://gtmotocycles.com/

Dale

For you folks that have not seen Todd’s first bike build, it’s absolutely beautiful and he could easily make it into a dual seat during the build and add brackets for bags or a fairing. These bikes he is building are incredible work of art. They are far better that what you see coming out of Radical Guzzi

For you folks that have not seen Todd’s first bike build, it’s absolutely beautiful and he could easily make it into a dual seat during the build and add brackets for bags or a fairing. These bikes he is building are incredible work of art. They are far better that what you see coming out of Radical Guzzi

I’m visiting the US next year.
I’ll definitely be making it a priority to see one in person.

Back