• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

1200 sport dash from MPH to km/h

pauldaytona

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Hi,

I do have a 1200 sport. It had a little accident, so the dash is broken. I can buy a used one with mph reading. I see in the manual that there is a function to set it to km/h. I was wondering, will that work on the tacho too, so when I tke the foil with km/h on it, will it be a complete km/h version? Maybe anyone with a mph version can try for me what happens when switched to km/h ,

I suppose the norge works the same?

Hey Paul
Should be an easy menu option (at least it is on the Griso)
Metric/SAE conversions should have NO affect on the tach as RPM is still RPM no matter where you are:)

Hope I'm not misunderstanding you... still waiting for my first morning coffee:unsure:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you. You want to change a analog mph speedometer so it reads kph? On the Norge it shows both on the dial. I remember a month or so back someone was selling a new Sport 1200 instrument panel on ebay. It was metric and only showed kph on the dial so I'm assuming that the mph version is the same. If you are talking about the odometer that may be switchable between mph and kph.

azccj wrote:
Maybe I'm misunderstanding you. You want to change a analog mph speedometer so it reads kph? On the Norge it shows both on the dial. I remember a month or so back someone was selling a new Sport 1200 instrument panel on ebay. It was metric and only showed kph on the dial so I'm assuming that the mph version is the same. If you are talking about the odometer that may be switchable between mph and kph.

Well to make it clear, I need a dashboard metric with km/h Now someone offers one on bay with miles only, so I was wondering, can the digital display part, be switched totaly to metric from these? If so I can get the MPH version, and switch the foil for the one with km/h I have here. And not see miles anywhere.

Did the metric one get sold on ebay, do you know who sold it?

You can switch the odometer from miles to kilometers in the set-up.

Although the speedo will show both mph and kph, larger more easily read figures will be fixed on the dial. You might be able to salvage the dial off your damaged one and fit it to the new one if you're game to open it up.

Why not just get used to the new reading? It's not hard to understand the 1.6 factor between the two systems, I have to do it all the time. Just be thankful there's not a metric second (yet!)

pauldaytona wrote:
azccj wrote:

Well to make it clear, I need a dashboard metric with km/h Now someone offers one on bay with miles only, so I was wondering, can the digital display part, be switched totaly to metric from these? If so I can get the MPH version, and switch the foil for the one with km/h I have here. And not see miles anywhere.

Did the metric one get sold on ebay, do you know who sold it?

It did get sold, cheap, if I remember right, $150.00 or so. I want to say the seller was one of the bigger better know US guzzi shops. Why they would have a metric display I do not know.:huh: I was keeping an eye on the display along with a pair of new 1200 sport forks they were selling. They went cheap as well, maybe $175.00.

Well, I switched it to km and all was fine. I had a white foil with km on it, so I took the dash to pieces and replaced that one too, so now it is a complete km dash.

Back