• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

GTM 13+ V7 Retro Valve Covers Kits

I meant to type cylinder, not cylinder bock - my bad. I'm hoping the spacer will be mistaken for a cooling fin by the untrained eye so it would be the same color as a the other cooling fins.
OK, that color is hard to match, but I can get fairly close. I too thought to match it for the same reason, so we're on the same page.

OK, that color is hard to match, but I can get fairly close. I too thought to match it for the same reason, so we're on the same page.

I could go that route too if it helps keep cost down.

I'm interested in a set of the larger, guard version in plain aluminum (I'll be looking into getting them anodized if I can manage it) and a set of the covers in chrome. I haven't purchased from you yet, how will that work? And please let me know the total cost of course when you have it finalized. Thanks for putting this all together, that was one of the only things I didn't like about the recent V7's.

Thanks for the input all. I fitted the protoypes today that were rough cut, and I have some tweaks to do (so I don't want to show them), but it looks like I may end up having them CNC-machined, which means I can offer them in raw, polished, powder-coated or anodized in a single color, either clear or black.

For purchase info, once I have the prototypes done, I will put them on the online Store (tab linked above) when ready to take (pre-)orders.

Prototypes completed. Everything is looking great. CAD modeling done (see below, bottom side up to show standoff for the bottom version), outside of we will add the eagle John. Material order on Monday.
As soon as one each is done to check fit off the CNC, I'll take orders. For those reading this who don't normally post, send me a note via email (Todd at GuzziTech.com) as to which you'll want (top head guard version, or bottom cylinder fin look), and color option: raw aluminum, powder-coated black or to match the cylinders, or black anodized. Also let me know a count on OEM valve covers so I can get that order in. Stock chrome '12 Racer cover are $105/each, not including gaskets. I'll supply them with the spacers though.
I have about 12 hours in this so far, not including machining time/cost.

I am in on a set of the small ones in satin black with red "Guzzi" covers
OK, re-coating the Guzzi covers will be an additional cost since they come in black, but can do. Satin black on the finned plate is no problem at all.

These are scheduled for machining on Monday. I'll post an update hot off the CNC.

before you go to a red when you get them done can i see them with the black covers first?
Once I take paid pre-orders, I will bring them in and show them off before taking an additional payment up front for colors.
Consensus is raw, powder-coat or black anodize the plates, and a few requests for stock chrome or black p-c'ed covers so far.

my $.02 - Larger in Red powdercoat, plus red powder coat valve covers for my 2013 racer :) otherwise raw alum works too

my $.02 - Larger in Red powdercoat, plus red powder coat valve covers for my 2013 racer :) otherwise raw alum works too
Thanks for that... even if the red clashes with the candy apple of the frame? Can't match that, but a bright red would be easy. Let me know.

On the larger one with the head guard, is there a possibility of it having a "step" where the plate extends past the head between the spark plug and those 3 holes? Meaning that area could be thicker or thinner just to break up that area visually? After holding up the smaller cover to the head I realize there's going to be a lot of real estate covered by this plate between the tip of the head guard and the bottom of the valve cover.

When I finish mine, I think it would look cool to do a black wrinkle finish up to that step, and then brush the head guard portion, the step would make that much simpler too. I did the valve covers in this fashion and it came out great.

Last edited:
Thanks for that... even if the red clashes with the candy apple of the frame? Can't match that, but a bright red would be easy. Let me know.
Or would Italian Green be a better idea? if I later did the 4 valve conversion would that affect going with the older school heads?

Or would Italian Green be a better idea? if I later did the 4 valve conversion would that affect going with the older school heads?
With powder-coat, I would stick to basic colors. The 4V head uses a completely different valve cover.

Last edited:
OK, so have them online, and I have a very limited quantity fresh off the CNC machine. I have them available with or without the Eagles (@pokeyjoe - just for you), and have them in as milled (raw), or can mirror polish, anodize (black) or satin powder-coat (black).

Please order or post below as to what you will be ordering so I can see how many to send to the anodizer, powder-coater or polisher. Same with the OEM valve covers, which can also be purchased HERE - or see bottom of store page linked from pic below or HERE.

Back