• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

1975 Moto Guzzi VIN numbers

Ravenrock

Just got it firing!
Just picked up a 1975 Moto Guzzi
The plate on the headstock has engine number 100575 frame number 100575
Can anyone tell me the exact model

Probably best to just hunt for "Photos of 1975 Moto Guzzi" with google. If it's a US delivery motorcycle, it's most likely an 850T (single disk brake front end, rear drum brake). It could be an 850 LeMans too, although you'd probably know that since those are highly valued bikes.

Welcome to the fold!
How about posting a pic? Someone is sure to recognize it.

Alex

Probably best to just hunt for "Photos of 1975 Moto Guzzi" with google. If it's a US delivery motorcycle, it's most likely an 850T (single disk brake front end, rear drum brake). It could be an 850 LeMans too, although you'd probably know that since those are highly valued bikes.
It has twin discs on the front and a disc on the rear will post a picture shortly

I thought they didn't make T3's until after '75. My 1977 T3 has a VIN of #103366. LeMans?

Wouldn't vented rotors be a dead give away?

That is a T-3 FB. The factory floor board model. The side covers need to switch sides. I lifted this image from a web page.

10538_0_2_3_850 t 3 california_MALCOLM THOM 1976 T3 850 CALI.jpg

Thank you, it came with a half fairing hence the missing headlight, the gentleman I bought it from thought it was originally a California Highway Patrol bike. The fairing was old as the radio fitted was a Motorola.

That's possible. If an actual 1975 titled machine, it's an early 850-T3 FB model regardless. I seem to recall that those years the CHP was switching or had switched over to the Kawasaki KZ900 or KZ1000 Police Special edition bikes, but there were still a few running Moto Guzzi and/or Harley-Davidson bikes.

Regards the police special Moto Guzzis, most of them were modified Moto Guzzi 850 Eldorado models from '73-early '75, not T series-based derivatives (although I'm sure they tried to sell those too).

As Godfrey stated, probably not a CHP bike. It could have been used by a municipality however. But, I don't see a radio mount. The box would be on the back as police radios of that era were pretty big in size. Also it would have had a solo seat and the bike has the mount for the standard seat.

Nice bike. You'll be amazed what some polishing and cleaning will do for it. I'm surprised that side cover survived the trip home. None of that stuff is cheap to replace.

Truth be told I just hung the side panel on there for the picture.
I had doubts it being a CHP bike, there was no title and a search showed records existed;
It was last on the road in 1991.
I did see a genuine CHP Eldorado the other day the owner told me most were not true CHP bikes.
He showed me the siren bracket on the left rear of the frame and a switch on the dash to operate the hazard warning lights.

My Eldorado is the 'Police' version but does not have the siren bracket. It has chrome fenders which I think were on the civilian bikes and the massive dash with all the lights, wiring and switches of the police model.

Got the light brackets and spot lights from MG Cycle and still trying to figure out the directional lights. U Vb X
The spots are wired to the right pull switch, the coil kill switch to the left one. It's bassackwards but hopefully enough to confuse would be thieves.:finger:

but hopefully enough to confuse would be thieves.
Nice. Long way from your V7 R.. and I might imagine if you left your keys in it in downtown East L.A. it wouldn’t go anywhere. Ha ha. Love it.

Nice. Long way from your V7 R.. and I might imagine if you left your keys in it in downtown East L.A. it wouldn’t go anywhere. Ha ha. Love it.

With the factory floorboard kit it is a standard shift pattern, not reversed like a peg model Eldorado. So I'm not sure how save it would be in East L.A.;)

Back