• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

2007 Breva 750ie signal light help

Loki610

Tuned and Synch'ed
GT Contributor
Ive got a bad dash on my Breva that's giving me constant power to the right side signal lights. I've had a new dash on order for 2 months, and I haven't found a used one for less than new price.

I'm thinking there has to be a way to wire around the dash using the existing switch and wiring.

I tested the voltage coming off the handlebar switch and its 12.5 volts. Is it just so simple as wiring #1 wire (switch to dash) to a signal relay then connecting to #30 (right signal output)? I know nothing about relays so I'm not sure how to make this work.

Yes it is that simple as long as the switch can handle 12v. I thought with the signals on the dash it was 5 volts and then converted to 12 v through the dash. Don't remember. That would mean that the switch has a 12v supply all the time. I am not sure how likely that is. Worse case is you would need to supply 12v to the switch. You need to pull out the wiring diagram and see how it is set up.

Check the left side that is working and see what the voltage out of the switch to ground is when it is off. If it is indeed 12 volts then you can wire the right side through an automotive signal relay. Just google search the relay and wiring for it. All you should need is a ground and then a wire to the lights.

Just got a chance to look at the drawing and yes there is a constant 12 v supply to the switch and then u select which way to send the power. Just look up the wiring of an automotive relay and you should be good. Just don't see a way to wire into the existing dash light to tell you the signal is on. When u turn on the right signal does the dash light come on. If so then just disconnect the output from the dash to the signals and piggyback the right side output from the switch. That way you will get power to both. Just won't blink on the dash.

What you guys are calling a relay, we south of you call a flasher. That is usually placed on the supply side of the turn signal switch so you only need one. The load from the filament of the bulb will activate the flashing function. Something like this. https://www.amazon.com/Bussmann-NO-...id=1503195483&sr=8-4&keywords=12+volt+flasher

To install a flasher would take quite a bit of modification to the existing wiring of the bike. Not to mention the routing of power to the turn signals from the switch.

Just got a chance to look at the drawing and yes there is a constant 12 v supply to the switch and then u select which way to send the power. Just look up the wiring of an automotive relay and you should be good. Just don't see a way to wire into the existing dash light to tell you the signal is on. When u turn on the right signal does the dash light come on. If so then just disconnect the output from the dash to the signals and piggyback the right side output from the switch. That way you will get power to both. Just won't blink on the dash.

When I rode it today I disconnected the front right signal connector and removed the bulb from the rear. Left side worked normally but the dash indicator didn't work and I noticed the passing light didn't either, although high and low beam work seem to work fine.

What you guys are calling a relay, we south of you call a flasher. That is usually placed on the supply side of the turn signal switch so you only need one. The load from the filament of the bulb will activate the flashing function. Something like this. https://www.amazon.com/Bussmann-NO-...id=1503195483&sr=8-4&keywords=12+volt+flasher

To install a flasher would take quite a bit of modification to the existing wiring of the bike. Not to mention the routing of power to the turn signals from the switch.

If that would work that would be a nice cheap fix, this bike has a history of being expensive for me!

Have you tried unplugging the dash and spraying contact cleaner over the pins and socket before reassembling? These faults are often poor contacts on the pins.

Have you tried unplugging the dash and spraying contact cleaner over the pins and socket before reassembling? These faults are often poor contacts on the pins.

Yes I've done all that as well as checked the system for shorts and grounds.

Finally got to town to get the parts and put that flasher between 1&30 on the harness. It seemed to work so after having a mental debate I cut the wires and added in the flasher. It flashes a little slower on that side but it's better than nothing. Hazards no longer work of course and the dash indicator for signals doesn't come on, but I'm excited to ride again after being down for 2 months of summer!

Thanks for the help!

I have a 2006 model , that I bought at a clearance sale in early 2007. I have allways had problems with the indicators.
I have tried everything, short of re wiring. Some days all flashers work, some days one of the front ones stop working.
Sometimes poking and moving the wires , works, sometimes not.
The flash indicator, goes twice as fast, when one indicator is not working, so I just use hand signals, if anyone is around.

Back