• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

2014 quotta treffen

I must start adding money to my slush fund for this trip, oh and apply for shore leave off the missus, or convince her to go.

The bikes been going well since Wales out of warranty now and I think I've got to the bottom of my troubles with it and in love with it again so need to use it some more

Glad to hear your bike is running well, we told you at the rally it would be ok didn't we :)

Ok I have been informed its normally the second weekend of July historically!

Location in Croatia TBA.

Thats all the info I have at present.

They will inform members of Guzzi Enduro in due course and I will in turn let you know.

cheers
Mark :D

Cheers Mark, I just need to get holiday booked early location not that important really. Yes Al how could I ever have doubted a man in a Harley t shirt at a guzzi event, hope you are all well.

Most of my Tee shirts are HD, they're the only ones that I know for sure will fit :lol: Luckily the Quota treffen one I got in Wales fits as well :)

Yes, rather keen to get dates so I can start getting a plan together... also keen to get down country and meet up to rest of the U.K guys going over.What would be a suitable time frame for Croatia? I'd like to take 2 weeks but the law of being self employed says it's a crap idea. Has anyone any suggestion thus far??

I'm thinking 2 weeks slow tour down 1st week open to suggestions as to route see bit of Croatia then blast back as late as poss??

For your Diary, 2014 Quota Treffen Date is 11, 12,13, July Confirmed...
Location near Rijeka Croatia. Confirmed

You will be getting Emails to confirm Location and Costs accomadation etc.
Expact details in the next few weeks
Ride Safe David

In addition winter Camp UK 6th December near Calne Wilts. intrested contact me Before 21 November .

Thanks

David

Approx 1400 miles via direct route from Manchester, the Tour de France hits the French Alps the following weekend, have to plot some routes, see what can be done :D :D

Then there are the Dolomoites and the Stelvio not to far away - to many places

I think it is obligatory to visit the Stelvio pass whilst owning a Guzzi Stelvio. One must have that photo at the pass.
Not sure which way we'll be going, possibly ferry from Hull to Zeebrugge with a dash to Austria and then spend a few days pass bagging before getting to rally, then back via Italy, Switzerland, France with a stop at Verdun, then use the tunnel back to Blighty. I'm still poring over the maps, but looking at setting off around July 5th and taking two weeks.
Does anyone have the exact location and any accommodation details, I'm not too keen to camp in the temperatures expected, I quite fancy some aircon, a pool and a bar :)

Attachments

• alps, suffolk and shoot 089.JPG
    alps, suffolk and shoot 089.JPG
    129.8 KB · Views: 548
Al,
not thought about Hull ferry, need to consider that option, or even Hook of Holland.

You and Mel planning on going? I'm keen to do it with the basics, bike, tent,sleeping bag and to some extent solo, but it would be good to meet up somewhere there and back. Plenty of time to plan yet :D

I have to watch the Tour de France in Yorkshire on the weekend of the 5th July; it doesn't come to the UK that often and its almost on my doorstep.

Looking at the Stelvio Pass and Bormio and the Dolomites, then back across Italy via Mandello over to Grenoble (more TDF) then even Carcassonne (last TFD rest day and never been there) then back via Millau and Oradour sur Glane.

Looks a bit much, but maybe take 2-4 weeks to keep it sensible. Sowed the seed with work and at home about having a long break, so looks possible

Keeping me busy with the sat nav route software.

Also need to fix the bike after Spain,

I was going via the tunnel but if a group of us were going the hull ferry seems a good start point, the 5th is as good a day as any, the wife is going to fly down later so we can meet up at the rally and have an appartment for a week. I'm going to pack the tent and camp if the weather's dry if not pick up a cheap room on route not sure about getting back

Mel and I are seriously considering the rally and possibly a pal from Edinburgh who also has a stelvio..
Jonathon and Paul, if we could meet up at hull for the ferry it would be a good start, I've often started my jaunts to Europe on that route, it avoids having to pay on the French m/ways when you have that first few hundred miles of boring riding to do for the first day or two. I'm very undecided on camping, I've got soft with old age and like my creature comforts, although I don't mind to camp for a night or two.
Oradur sur Glane is well worth a visit, but it's such a depressing site. Its early days yet, so lots of maps to look at, and sort out which passes to do, I've been ticking them off over the years but still have a lot to ride.
We should consider keeping in touch over the coming months, as I think meeting up for even just a couple of days en route could be good.

Hull also avoids the slog to Dover, good for me, only 2 hours across the M62

Certainly keep in touch during planning etc

I just listed the places I've wanted to go............now if I could just attach a bicycle to the motorbike..........maybe I could hire one for a day or so an pedal up some hills.

Back