• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

2017 Model Rumors...

My thoughts on this...

• Total voters

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
In yet another turn of we'll never know what Piaggio Guzzi is doing next... Word from a secure source says that they will be offering a smaller "entry level" motorcycle ~500cc in 2017, and the "new" V7 was confirmed at 850cc. No mention of 2 or 4V or whether or not it would be air or water-cooled.
The new big bike replacement H20 motor is still in development as well.

Your thoughts?

I can't imagine Guzzi would be able to get enough power out of a 500cc motor to make it much fun. That said, I used to own a Buell Blast and, after I had done some engine work to it to get the power where it should have been from the factory, it was really a lot of fun to ride. But it did require a big bore kit with higher compression along with a carb and cam to get it to that point.
Making the V7 bigger seems like a good idea, and from what I gather about the big bore 4 valve kit I have heard about here it sounds like a good idea.
My biggest hope for a future Guzzi I will buy is the new H2O motor. If they build a sporty bike based on that I might be getting one. But they better do it soon or I will be buying something else, like a V Max.
I am not always a "bigger is better" kind of guy. Some of my favorite road bikes have been smaller bikes like an FZR400. But sometimes bigger IS better, like my KTM 440 dirt bike. If more power is good, too much power is just enough.

a very few people have mentioned about my bike..they wish it was a more powerful engine…I don't disagree…but nod and smile, yep whatever. I have so much fun on this bike, I have a bigger engined bike for touring, but with this bike I'm kept very busy doing the speed limit around twisty roads…its very involving.
A few younger guys are picking up smaller CC bikes and having a lot of fun on them, around out road….. power and speed does not always equate to fun IMO.

Todd since you have more insight than many of us, which direction do you think they will go with the 850 2v or 4v? I'd like the idea of them going to a 4v but something tells me they will stick with a 2v head. That being said even if they do go to 4v, I don't know that I'd be trading my bike in, I've finally got it dialed in!

I don't think MG will do anything with the V7 for a couple years. Seriously, why should they? They finally have a model that they can't keep in stock at the dealers. Don't mess with a winning formula.

I have heard of some sort of a replacement for the Griso. They don't have any room for an ABS pump and no one has seen anything on the horizon for a bike with that name. I think I did see something with a different name, but I don't remember that now.

Bosch_05.jpg

Things are decreasing in size every year and you'd be surprised what I keep behind my Griso's airbox under the seat.

The rebirth of the 850 twin with some modern touches would be epic. 2 valves I'd prefer but 4 isnt a buzzkill. 80-85hp with 70-80 torques would be über cool.
Some people say Im a dreamer. But Im not the only one,..

Grabbed from an Italian site... 4V 850?! I hope they keep the name simple (V7) and not the two they hint at. 'Stone' is bad enough.

The news is two new models, to be presented at the Milan EICMA scheduled 19 to 22 November. An event in which the home of the eagle should propose new models aimed at the medium-high segment of the space requirements, as among the large bikes Guzzi is offering customers such as the new Bold (Audace) and Eldorado on derivation of the flagship home Guzzi California (all three with 1400 cc).

The new model will be a 850cc V7 which they will continue to produce, the model that is gaining more support.

The new engine under construction on assembly lines should have an engine with four valves, therefore significantly more potent small models that are still the V7. Very special that it will wear larger wheels both front and rear. The nuovo model is also equipped with ABS and six gears. In short, a bike that reflects what you are searching the motorcycle market and that is oriented towards the American style of the great travelers. This is also why new names are possible that seem more likely is 'Runner,' already used by Gilera as Moto Guzzi is part of the Piaggio Group. But other names like 'Bomber' are being targeted by those making the final decision. The color will be mostly black with short front fender, and the same color handlebars, which should also have heated grips.

Ok. I like the idea of the 4V 850. I am hoping for a smaller version of a Norge or Eldorado. What worries me is the names and am I willing to take a chance n a first model year Guzzi again. I had a 2007 Norge and now a 2014 model year California Tour that was originally purchased in 2013.
Runner? Sounds like a good name for a 50cc 2-stroke moped or scooter.
Bomber? Why? Grenade was taken? :mad:

I think just putting the "rumor mill" into the existing lineup would make the most sense. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if these rumors are just that and we see some new paint in 2017 and nothing more. If they did come out with a 4V 850 that would be great, but I don't know that I'd be trading my bike in, I have it just the way I want it now, I don't feel like going through all that again on another bike.

Andy, taken from the Lecco Newspaper, just outside of Mandello. We also heard it from Galluzi a few weeks ago on a 850, but he wouldn't say on the heads as to 2 or 4V. This article says 4V.

Andy, taken from the Lecco Newspaper, just outside of Mandello. We also heard it from Galluzi a few weeks ago on a 850, but he wouldn't say on the heads as to 2 or 4V. This article says 4V.
I'm not doubting your sources Todd, I just don't know that I believe what they say! I guess if it says they are making them for the American market it means they would be coming to our shores, I just hope it's not in the form of a "cruiser". I tested an Indian Scout last weekend and Diavel, and I didn't care for either of them.

I guess the good news is that for those who want a big bore 4V small block you have the kits ready to go. That is no rumor! Hope you have lots of success with them.

An 850cc 4V would be bad ass! I hope they make them....probably be a year and a half getting to the States though. Guess we will know in November! Runner...sheesh...

To me it seems like Guzzi already have all of their bases covered. The small blocks are fun and I'm happy with mine. Today at the Las Vegas Bikefest there were as many interested bikers snapping pics of my bike as muchas all of the Harley and Victory baggers.!! That said the Griso's are a good size up with more power. I'm just waiting to see someone strip down a California and turn it into a café bike.!!

Reactions: Rox
All Guzzis are special. You just can't put your finger on it. Some just don't get them. However we do. I get the same thing when I ride my V11. A lot of true bikers tilt their hats to the Guzzis. I guess maybe a history thing? Who knows.
Guzzi is on a roll right now. I personally am waiting for a new retro Lemans if they ever decide to do it. Till then I have my personal lust for the spines.

There is something about it. Way more on my 1400 Tour than the Norge but just sitting at a stoplight more than once I have had thumbs up or "That's a nice bike" from strangers of all ages. Now, if they would just support the dealers and customers after the sale. I think even raising the price a few hundred, then using that money to say yes a little easier to warranty claims once the dealer verifys it is legit, would go a long way towards improving sales and customer satisfaction. More than the price hike would hurt. Just my opinion.
Of course applying grease at the factory and fixing known problems wouldn't hurt either.

I guess the
Americans here won't get it, but the Guzzi Bellagio, that never made it to the USA is the perfect bike for a between the V7 and 11000 - 1200 range. It's a short stroke revvy bike that I personally think was dressed all wrong,.... looks like a cruiser, but in cafe style would be a great alternative to the Ducati Monster. With a V7 tank and seat, looks awesome, retro modern.
I reckon it would sell well if it was dressed up right.
You be the judge.
Here's mine when I got it,...............

and in evolution...............

My bike, on the way to being like this

a 500cc Guzzi might work in Europe, but for me, bigger is better.
Peter

I guess the Americans here won't get it, but the Guzzi Bellagio, that never made it to the USA
Don't rub it in Peter, I've been posting about the bike since it was first launched, and agree with you 110%. Dressed in V7 clothes, it would've been a bike that would've been even bigger in sales then the current V7 line IMO.

850cc with 2V, dressed in a "V7"-way? I'd definitely buy such a bike.
I've heard rumours, that Guzzi will / could go with the new V9 frame for some future V7 (III) models.
There was some talking, that the V7II engine can already meet the new "Euro4"-emission regulations, without being LQed, so there might be a chance, to still ride that good old air-cooled engine (at least in the small engines...).

Back