RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. Otherwise, be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GT products and engine kits. We are still mostly a one man operation (not Amazon), so thanks in advance for your patience on orders. PLEASE refrain from emailing about your order Status, as you will get an email with tracking info when your order goes out; Email inquiries on orders slows everything down. Most General questions you may have are well answered on the Forum; Be sure to try a search and post there. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something on the Store or that you have purchased from us. We do NOT have a phone number - We are online only - Do not email and tell us to call you. You will find us highly responsive via email on the Contact page with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our custom builds at GTMotoCycles.com or click the Service tab above.

2017 V7 III windscreen options ?

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by Kevin Ballowe, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Kevin Ballowe

Kevin Ballowe Just got it firing!

Just picked up a 2017 V7 III.

Been trying to research windscreens, but not finding anything except fly screens and I'd like to have something larger.

Anyone ?

2. JACoH

JACoH Cruisin' Guzzisti

Twisted Throttle.com lists one from Givi, that is a bit larger than the Dart Marlin, but it was backordered a few months ago when I was looking. I really like my Dart Marlin.

3. Godfrey

Godfrey High Miler GT Famiglia

There does seem to be a dearth of good fairings for the V7 series bikes as yet. I did some looking for a frame mounted half fairing similar to what my LMV had; haven't found anything I like yet.

In the meantime, the Dart Piranha I fitted in place of the original number plate/fly screen is nicer looking and more effective despite its small size. I imagine the Marlin actually provides quite a lot of protection.

4. Kevin Ballowe

National Cycle makes some nice small windscreens, but it looks like they mount to the handlebars

5. Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

What about the LM1 fairing? "One day" I intend to put one on my V7iii. There are after-market copies fairly readily available if the oem price is too scary. Doesn't look too daunting.

6. Godfrey

The LM1 fairing isn't any great advance on the Dart Piranha I've already fitted, either for wind coverage or style-wise IMO. I was looking for a fairing that provided the improvements in stability and coverage on high speed cruise that the LeMans V type frame-mounted, rigid fairing affords. One possibility would be to adapt a LeMans V fairing ... although I was never all that delighted with the smallish rectangular headlight.

This is a low priority, future future idea ... I have other things on the plate for nearer term monkeying about. :D

7. Mayakovski

Mayakovski Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Site Contributor!

What about this? It's for the V7, but I suspect it could be made to work.
    Linky to purchase here.

[​IMG]

8. Godfrey

That one looks pretty nice, thanks for the link.

Biggest adaptation that comes to mind is that the V7II headlight bucket has the main fixing bolts in a different position compared to the V7III. the rest would take closer inspection of the bits... :)

9. Kevin Ballowe

In the mean time, I have a National Cycle "Deflector" windshield in my stash. It's a handlebar mount.
    Let's see if it'll fit.

:)

10. Attackpug

Attackpug Just got it firing!

It does exactly what I wanted in keeping the wind off my chest.

Attached Files:

Kevin Ballowe likes this.
  11. Kevin Ballowe

OK, so a couple pics of the National Cycle "Deflector" shield mounted.
    This shield functions better than I thought it would.
    A bit more noise ad 50 mph and a bit less at 70 mph.
    No buffeting (5'9" tall)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attackpug likes this.