• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

2nd hand V7 Stone 2 2015

jyppis

Just got it firing!
I changed my vn900 last week to Stone II. It has 8500km on it and luckily still warranty left. I will take it to dealer for repair with following defect list:

- rusty water dripping out from the shaftdrive swing bar after rain
-downshifting to 1st gear makes big clunk and sometimes even impossible to downshift because clutch wont disengage. Blipping doesnt help.
- cold start problems, maybe too old fuel mapping
- foot brake lever holding rusted
- moist under alarn lights, speedometer
- oil leak to airbox
- brake fluid leaks from the handlebar chamber

I have had Japanese bikes before without any of these above. Ill hope they get everything fixed because I really like this bike.

Last edited:
I changed my vn900 last week to Stone II. It has 8500km on it and luckily still warranty left. I will take it to dealer for repair with following defect list:

- rusty water dripping out from the shaftdrive swing bar after rain
-downshifting to 1st gear makes big clunk and sometimes even impossible to downshift because clutch wont disengage. Blipping doesnt help.
- cold start problems, maybe too old fuel mapping
- foot brake lever holding rusted
- moist under alarn lights, speedometer
- oil leak to airbox
- brake fluid leaks from the handlebar chamber

I have had Japanese bikes before without any of these above. Ill hope they get everything fixed because I really like this bike.

My prediction:

1. Normal (ish)
2. Adjust clutch
3. Normal, let it warm up
4. Normal
5. Dude you gotta put this thing in a garage once in a while. (They're gonna say normal)
6. Normal (breather system will carry some pool to airbox).
7. They'll get you the updated (ironically older) cover.

Can't say I'm seeing any corrosion on my 13 Stone, but it lives inside and doesn't see winter. If either of those aren't true for you or it's near the ocean than expect some corrosion. Moisture generally doesn't intrude on the instruments, but again depending on environment it's possible.

Though I understand you wanting to not have ANY issues, what JAPanInc. products you have had without this doesn't really tell us anything, apples and oranges at the least (i.e. were they shaft drive? single throttle body EFI pushrod twins? Similar materials? Price range? Bodywork?).

Bottom line I'm not hearing anything particularly troubling, not because it's a Guzzi, but because it's a motorcycle.

Basically Kev covers all.

I came off a Japanese Cruiser & sports bike before I dove into Guzzi.

Let just say both has their own perks...

Japanese Bikes are more or less follow the procedure or it might crash and burn. The good part of Japanese bike is their supports & manuals are VERY WELL WRITTEN.

Guzzi is a true Italian where it really depends on her mood of the day, but at the end of the day as long as it is within spec, she will do what you say and leave you with a smile on your face.

Not saying my old jap bikes are not fun, but I just like my guzzi better as you are always playing with her...in a good way while my old Japs are more of 0 & 1 style.

Thanks guys for the replies. I know these are small issues just didnt expect almost new bike have this much.

The only thing that can be major one is the water inside cardan and maybe the gearbox. Ill update after the service.

The one thing I would advise is to watch out for the seal n the rear final drive. hopefully the water or whatever was in there did not damaged the seal.

There are few people had reported leaking final drive due to failed seal.

Been a month riding a Guzzi now coming from a Yamaha R3. Japanese bikes are reliable and rarely have an issue in my short experience. Guzzis I've learned have a lot of character, they are somewhat divas. It's kind of a love and hate relationship with me right now. I too have some of those issues you're going through, but be patient I suppose, take it to a trustworthy, knowledgeable dealer who knows about Guzzis and hope for the best. I too really love my bike so that's why I'm having more patience than I usually would with anything.

Have fun and good luck.

Ride safe!

I think diva fits them pretty well.
The biggest problem I have ever had with Guzzi's is that they are addicting.

For riders that are new to Guzzi & have bought a new Guzzi there is about a 5000 mile challenge period.
If you keep it to the 5000 mark then move on to a different brand you will never stop wanting the Guzzi back.

I've always liked finding a used one with about 10,000 miles on it.
It's just about broke in & the previous TWO owners have already fixed all the niggles.

Interesting.
Just so you know:
I have never owned one of the small block V7's all my Guzzi's are & have been big blocks.
But in talking to small block owners it seems that they follow a similar pattern.
Little aggravating things in the beginning & they seem to come one behind the other.

The folks that stick it out & get past that become devoted followers.
I am firmly convinced that these bikes are not fully broke in 'till after 10,000 miles.
The 1100 Black Eagle I owned was still settling in at 20,000.

Don't mis-read that!
All the niggles were worked out with the first few thousand miles.
After that it was getting to know the bike & feeling the positive changes in it as the miles racked up.

With my '09 1200 Sport I had 2 1/2 years and numerous unwanted issues. When the instrument cluster went out at 25K and starting became intermittent again(fixed once) it was out of warranty and the nearest ok dealer was 650 miles away.....
..... it had to go. The only interested party was the local Yamaha dealer who made me an excellent deal on a new '12 Super Tenere. Deal done!!

However they do get into your blood.........
Last week I closed a deal on a V7 III Special and will do a fly/ride to Ct. the ride home to Florida. The dealer has agreed to put the break-in miles on the bike and perform the 1st service before I arrive. My hopes are he will discover and fix early issues so I'm not left at road side returning to Florida on the V7 as I had been on the 1200 Sport.

Paul

Yep sometimes you get "That One" that's why the Custom 1400 & I parted ways.

Guess you decided against a Griso?

I got to ride whole day with R nineT urban gs while my v7 was in service. Almost everything is fixed or said to be normal :D Brakefluid cover is still on its way from Italy.

For a second v7 felt underpowered after R nineT :D

Back