• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Another Handlebar Post

Production wise, one dimension is needed, but *IF* I were to do any varying sizes, I would need those paid orders ASAP. Post below if you want anything over 1.0", and use the donation link above to order at $109.95 shipped with bolts.

I am not clear on what I need to do to place an order for 1.0" spacer. Can you please provide more specific instructions? Thanks!

Production wise, one dimension is needed, but *IF* I were to do any varying sizes, I would need those paid orders ASAP. Post below if you want anything over 1.0", and use the donation link above to order at $109.95 shipped with bolts.

Todd,

Form a mental image of a fist with money in it, just waiting for instruction on where to send it.

Now, please answer:
  • do you have a 1" spacer (per the Fast by Feracci item) available to sell?
  • If so, when will a set be available to purchase?
  • Further, how do I buy a set?
Thank you.

Now, please answer:
  • do you have a 1" spacer (per the Fast by Feracci item) available to sell?
  • If so, when will a set be available to purchase?
  • Further, how do I buy a set?
Dave, yes 1" riser in production as I type. Hopefully in another week or so. I will post here and put them on the online Store link above when they are here and ready to ship. Good?

They are coming... Really. First sample below. They will match the stock riser finish when done. I'll put the purchase page up soon for a discounted introductory pricing.

So I just picked up a 2014 touring for my wife and she is in the process of riding back to Las Vegas, NV from Dallas, TX. She is a bit short and has shorter arms to go with her size. The bike was previously owned and bought via Ebay so its history is unknown.

Looking at the pics that she has sent me so far it appears that the P.O. put custom version bars on it. Just comparing press pics of the 2 versions bars and what she sent me. The bar location is her only complaint for her new ride other than a bit too much shaking at idle.

So my question is how can I verify which bars are actually on the bike when she gets home? If they are the touring ones then ill look into risers to fix the position.

I believe the Touring bars are closer to the rider than the Custom but you may not know which you have until you see the bike. I don't believe anyone else beside Guzzi makes handle bars for the Cali but I'm not 100% sure there.

Cory,

Back in 2013 I test rode both the 2014 Custom and Touring. I liked the 'nakedness' of the Custom but the seat and riding position of the Touring was more to my liking so I ordered the 1400Custom with the Touring hbars and seat, hway bars, etc.
The standard chrome Custom hbars have a longer reach for the rider with less of a swept back angle.
The Touring replacement hbars came in glossy black, although I think they are also available in chrome on the Touring as original stock now, but weren't available in chome back then.
So if yours are glossy black they are most likely the replacement Touring hbars with the larger swept back angle.

Hope that helps.

F1400

kdirtrider is correct: just a couple of set screws. Easy.

The Custom cables will work with Touring bars, BUT you will have to route the throttle cable ABOVE the top triple clamp.

Attach everything loosely to the bars, then clamp the bars to the risers and do final tightening of all the components.

You will need an assistant. Or three hands. Drape a heavy blanket over the tank to protect it if you drop something.
Hello Longrider. Thus is an old post but I am finally switching y Custom to the Touring bars. Did you re-route the brake and clutch cables as well? I can't seem to be able to fit the clutch leaver, and fluid resivoir between the front shock tube and the Main steering bearing tube(I think that's what it's called.) The cables fit no trouble. Can I disconnect the brake and clutch fluid lines and carefully to not let any air in the lines, re-route them and reattach the resivoirs?

Job done. I did disconnect the braided lines to re-route in front of the tripple tree. Plety of play in them and the cables as well. Hoping the new position will be better on some long hauls.

Back