• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Audace Seat Height

The New New

Just got it firing!
GT Contributor
Hey Everyone,

Former Victory Vegas owner here. I'm currently looking for my next bike and have narrowed down my top choices to the Harley Night Rod and Guzzi Audace (with the XDiavel being 3rd, but I'm concerned about the reliability and lack of long trip comfort).

I'm pretty excited about the Audace, but the closest dealer is hundreds of miles away and before I make the trip there, my main concern deals with seat height, and not being a fan of having to "slide a cheek" at stops.

I'm 5'7" with an inseam of 31-32", and I want to make sure I can flat foot a bike this big. The XDiavel has a 29" seat height like the Audace, and when I sat on the XDiavel, I could just barely flat foot it in dress shoes. With the Ducati 1/2" lower optional seat and riding boots, I think I'd have no problem. Can anyone help me with the height/fit of the Audace? Thanks.

You wont have an issue putting both feet firmly on the pavement, I'm 30" on the inseam.

The Audace (at first) will feel heavier than your Vic at low speeds but a little time in a parking lot will clear that up.

Also the Audace is way more stable & fun to ride at 90+ compared to the Vic.

If you want to watch a fun video of a first time ride on an Audace:
https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/th...t-a-2016-eldo-guidance-plz.18199/#post-140099

Hey Trout, thanks for the response! This is extremely helpful, and I'm glad to see your're a former Gunner owner - cause you definitely know how I'm used to riding.

I miss that Gunner, very fun bike!
I had the Gunner the same time I had the Cal 1400 so it's easy for me to compare them.

The 1400 is quite a bit faster than the Vic from standing start or roll ons at different speeds (especially roll on from 70/75)
Let a bud ride the Gunner & we raced a number of times then switched bikes & the 1400 took it every time.
Both were stock and close to the same mileage.

That's really good info. My Vegas was the '09 8-ball, so I only had the 100 ci engine and the 5 speed tranny. So I'm guessing the Audace would be a fair bit faster than my Vic.

I'm really interested to know what the lean angle/cornering was like across the two for you. One thing I hated about my Vegas was the paltry 25.5 degree lean angle. I'm by no means an advanced or overly aggressive rider, and I was still constantly scraping my Vegas. I can't find any lean angle numbers for the Guzzi's, but I read that the Audace has slightly better lean angle than the Cal 1400 due to higher suspension and pegs instead of running boards. With as much taller as the seat is, did your Cal out lean your Gunner?

No doubt the 1400 has much better lean angle. My Gunner was like your 8 Ball but still fun to ride once I knew limitations.

The Cal 1400 had hinged running boards with a plastic "feeler" on the bottom so the first few times I touched down it was hilarious because the floor board just lifted up, there was no scrape noise!
LOL!
Took awhile to get used to that & build in a muscle response reflex.

I believe in giving all the info: bad along with the good.

Maintenance on the Guzzi is a bit more than the Vic.
Three oils to change: Engine, Trans & Rear.
To do the rear oil the wheel needs to come off (not hard to do) once the wheel is off there is a plastic cover that hides the drain plug.
I left mine off.

Valves need adjusting but I don't remember the intervals, again not hard & does not take that long to do.

Rear tire mileage could be as low as 4500 to a high of 8000, should be threads on this board.

These bikes like all new bikes run very lean from the factory.
You may want to email Todd@guzzitech & inquire about his fueling mods they are worth the bucks.

I have learned that most "New to Guzzi" owners have the first 5000 mile jitters getting used to the Italian mind set.
Those that stick with them end up having more than one.

That's perfect Trout, thanks! I'm pretty much sold on the Audace. In a couple more months when the snow melts, I'll take the cross state trip to my closest dealer and see how it feel in person.

I was kinda spoiled by my Vic cause it just ran and never really needed anything except oil changes. At the same time, I've never once taken a vehicle into a dealer for any kind of fluid changes, brake replacement, tire rotation, or anything else I can do myself. So I think I'll be good there.

Not sure if you would buy new or used, but one thing to watch for on an Audace test ride (I notice you are only 5'7". I'm 5'8" - so speak from experience), is that the original straight/drag handlebars on the 2016 model are a real stretch for us shorter folk especially at full lock. I think MG must have acknowledged that as they changed them for the 2017 model to have more pull-back. I swapped mine over to these new ones fairly quick. There's a thread here about how I fitted risers first and then the 2017 hadlebars to the Audace https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/handlebar-risers-for-audace.17004/

Not sure if you would buy new or used, but one thing to watch for on an Audace test ride (I notice you are only 5'7". I'm 5'8" - so speak from experience), is that the original straight/drag handlebars on the 2016 model are a real stretch for us shorter folk especially at full lock. I think MG must have acknowledged that as they changed them for the 2017 model to have more pull-back. I swapped mine over to these new ones fairly quick. There's a thread here about how I fitted risers first and then the 2017 hadlebars to the Audace https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/handlebar-risers-for-audace.17004/

I've seen that thread, thanks Paul. For sure I'll be putting the 2017 bars on. On a side note, I low-balled the sh*t out of a dealer on a used Audace a couple days ago. He hasn't responded to me, haha. So I'm thinking I'll pick up one of the demo bikes currently listed out there in April - that way the snow should all be melted where I'm at.

I've seen that thread, thanks Paul. For sure I'll be putting the 2017 bars on. On a side note, I low-balled the sh*t out of a dealer on a used Audace a couple days ago. He hasn't responded to me, haha. So I'm thinking I'll pick up one of the demo bikes currently listed out there in April - that way the snow should all be melted where I'm at.
Hope you manage to get one at a good price. My local Guzzi dealer here had a Touring, an Audace and an MGX-21 in store when I visited about 2 weeks back. The Audace was the only one with a "sold" sign on it. Read into that what you want.

Back