• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Breva 1100 buying advice

Josef

Just got it firing!
Hi
Thinking for going for the B1100
See one for sale reg 2005
Is this year as good as rest of production or does it have any specific faults issues?
Any input much appreciated
Regards
Joe

Hi Joe,
well , there was a known issue with early uni joints ? back then but anything that has been used for 12 years should have had the factory fix done.
2 valve motor , all you need, no special issues I would say , but mine has still only done 28000 km's . Standard Guzzi "faults" all easily fixed or lived with. You may need to upgrade the suspension depending on your needs. Std gives armchair comfort.
I' lucky i have more than one tool in the shed.
I would nt hesitate to ride my Breva across Australia tomorrow. Also wife's first choice for long distance rides.
Dave r

Hi Joe,
well , there was a known issue with early uni joints ? back then but anything that has been used for 12 years should have had the factory fix done.
2 valve motor , all you need, no special issues I would say , but mine has still only done 28000 km's . Standard Guzzi "faults" all easily fixed or lived with. You may need to upgrade the suspension depending on your needs. Std gives armchair comfort.
I' lucky i have more than one tool in the shed.
I would nt hesitate to ride my Breva across Australia tomorrow. Also wife's first choice for long distance rides.
Dave r
Hi Dave
Many thanks for your reply
I’ll make enquiries with the current owner
Regards
Joe

Hi Joe, per above, probably one of the most solid CARC bikes out of the box. Buy it, and outside of the suspension notes above, you'll love it.

The early problem was with the bearing in the CARC. In my bike, the original Polish bearing was replaced with a German one.

I've recently had my swingarm bearings and shock needle bearings regreased. No problem with mine, but a UK bike operated in wetter conditions and salt on the roads would need attention.

The early bikes also had a recall on the gear box to insert a washer pack to reduce juddering as the bike moved off from standstill. I had the startus interuptus issue fixed.

My Breva has been a reliable bike and easy - and cheap - to maintain. Twelve years old and no other bike around to replace it.

Back