• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Breva one key no code

guzzijimbo

Tuned and Synch'ed
GT Contributor
Hey Men.
I got my 05 B11 for my birthday in May, it was a bit like my first sexual experience... it would have been better if I hadn't been alone!
The Breva was cheap and had been thriving on neglect, a sound bike none the less. It came with one key only and no code, so far so good, but I guess that Murphy is waiting for me to get well out in the sticks before he pulls the rug.
Can some one run me through the go round to get me back to 2 keys and a code? I have just bought a diagnostic device for the sight here, Todd suggested that with some expertise and the use of this thing I may be able sort out the keys/code issue?? if not then perhaps Carmo. I have a mate who used to repair dash and associated problem on Black Hawks and Hornets etc. for the OZ Air Force, he may be very handy.

Thanks jim.

If you are lucky, the original owner set the user code to be the same as the maintenance code. If not, you are screwed. With only one key, you cannot recover the user code with or without the diagnostic software. That software only interfaces with the ECU, but will report dash errors. You best bet would be to have the one key you have cloned. Carmo may be able to recover the user code, but I don't know for sure. You will need to contact them to see if they have this capability.

Let's hope you get lucky, either the second key or the user code is what you need. BTW, once you have a code, or a second key the procedure to recover the code or set up another key is in the Breva 1100 general Service Manual in the resource section. https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/resources/breva-1100-general-service-manual.24/

Thanks once more John. Iv'e put in a call to the previous owner who will see what he can do to find the thread back to the original owner, a long shot me thinks! If screwed, what's the drill, (Carmo aside) new dash? new keys?and a big fat bill from the local dealer to dial it all in, is that correct??

regards jim.

Thanks Dave, You got excited a bit there, the bike was sold new into Mackay, not too many Guzzi thieves there, I thought I was a big chance, but alas no luck, also tried the workshop code on John's advice and no go. Years ago the transport dept. would tell you anything you asked, but with privacy laws these days that may be difficult, I'm sweet with the girl in the local provincial transport dept. office, perhaps if I clean my finger nail and put on my best smile I may have a chance of charming her into slipping me the name etc. of the first owner.

I just went through this with my Griso 1100 and here's what I learned.

You can buy the blank keys, the "internal cut" keys from the Dealer for about $75 per key then $ 35 along with leaving the bike for a couple of days to have the Dealer cut & program the key.

Next alternative is you can send your key overnight, insured for say $1,500, to the locksmith in Texas and he will supply the blank and cut the key. Check on prices but he may be the cheapest.

Jason Damron
J&B Lock &Key
619 West Main St
Tomball, TX 77375
281-351-5625

Third option is you buy a pair of keys like I did from AF1 Racing with transponder chip ($115 or so). Then you get to find a locksmith to cut the keys for about $20 each (the blanks are nickle-brass which will not hurt the locksmith's $100 bit). Then program your key yourself. AF1 has the details on their website as a download when you "view" their keys. For "code" requests use the service code each time (for the 06 Breva Sport it's 36421, for the Breva/Norge it's 28315). Please be aware that you have to have all your keys ready for the Computer to "learn" because the window is only 20 seconds per key. I have "taught" my Griso for three keys because I'm old and tend to misplace things. The advantage to doing the work for the key this way is you don't have to give up you're key to anyone so there is no riding down time.

If none of these work for some reason there is a final correction but it entails pulling the computer and sending it along to the locksmith to have the keys made. Not a happy place but better than the nuclear option of replacing all the locks and the Computer.

Well option 3 sounds like the go, I checked the AFI site they have keys for $36 each, Key Blank Shell Red - GU32735510 -GU32735510 (GU32735510) I assume that these keys are ready armed with a transponder chip. I'm off on a tour (classic bikes) tomorrow for 2 weeks, I'll chase this about when I return.

Is this going to work with no code and only one key, John Zibell's advice is that it wont????

Thanks jim.

Looking at page 31 of the Breva11 service manual it doesn't seem possible without the user code, but you could try using the one key that works, the service code to get to the change key option and have it learn new keys. Please let us know if this works. It isn't a documented procedure, but might work.

Is this going to work with no code and only one key, John Zibell's advice is that it wont????

$36 - wow why do Griso's have to be so "special" with more expensive keys - isn't $36 for a blank enough??

As to if only using the service code will work -- we'll know after you've tried it out. It did for me on my 07 Griso but I did have to input the same code each time it asked for one. kind-of tedious.

Just remember to have all keys ready for the computer to "learn".

That is a service code, not a user code. However, it isn't a bad idea to set them the same.
I always do to every bike without one that lands here. I've also heard of people using the last 5 of the VIN#, so you can try that as well.

Hi Gies. Back from the big trip!! I looked up locksmiths in my local phone book, called the first one on the list, he said no worries bring the key in and he can supply, cut and program for $160 au about $145us? I'll update you when I've been to see the man. jim.

Back