• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Can you help me identify these aftermarket slip-ons?

Gussie003

Just got it firing!
I bought a 2011 V7 Classic because it was the color I wanted, 3,000 miles on the odometer, and it was the right price. It came with loud after market slip on exhaust which I believe are making run lean. The downtubes are blue. I've ordered a pair of OEM slip-ons from Ebay and I took the aftermarkets off while I wait for the OEMs to get here. I noticed that there was a slit in the gaskets and I was wondering if that technical "exhaust leak" would be enough to make it run lean. The after market slip-ons were louder than I would like. I prefer BMW quiet, plus I'm not really into customizing.

However, I would like to try to get some money for the aftermarket exhaust. I thought I might be lucky and they were Minstrals because they were unmarked and had a nice popping back fire when you let off the throttle. Seeing as they are super adjustable, I'm assuming they are not. Can anyone identify them. If not, does anyone have any suggestions for how much I should sell them.

Also, I am hoping that magically putting on the OEM exhaust will correct my lean running problems. I am very, very short and it running lean makes it very difficult to crawl around parking lots into a spot. I'm too short to push it backwards into a spot.

Also, also, it seems the original graphite gaskets are under those stupid adjustable graphite gaskets. One will come off easily, the other will not. Is there an easy way to get off the top gasket without damaging the bottom one?

Attachments

• photo 1 (2).JPG
    photo 1 (2).JPG
    131.6 KB · Views: 59
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    114 KB · Views: 54
  • photo 2 (2).JPG
    photo 2 (2).JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 57
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    119.7 KB · Views: 56
  • photo 3 (2).JPG
    photo 3 (2).JPG
    119 KB · Views: 57
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 56
  • photo 4 (2).JPG
    photo 4 (2).JPG
    125 KB · Views: 56
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 57
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 53
Congrats on the V7. Hope you'll add your info to the Registry; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/v7-registry-picture-thread-add-your-bike.9108/

I've seen them but can't recall what they are... definitely not Mistrals. Yes, putting the stock mufflers on will reduce the pop-on-decel, and restore the fueling to it's uber-lean state as delivered stock. The graphite gaskets can sometime carefully be removed, however there is a thread about affordable and easy had Japanese motorcycle replacement part #'s. Hope that helps.

Correct me if i am wrong but looks like chromed-steel and by the adjustable peg bracket these are universal fit pipes. Probably cost $300 to $400 new for the pair if you are lucky. Refitting the stock pipes is a good move and simply modifying the internal baffles to give a bit more sound, free up horsepower and invest in some o2 sensor optimisers to rich-en the fuel mix from the awful stock settings. Let's be honest, the stock pipes sound like pea shooters. To leave them like that would be sacrilege. ;)

Go well. You have a beautiful bike. Just get some decent pipes and adjust the fuelling. Your local dealer may even offer an ECU reflash which would help. All good.

Your local dealer may even offer an ECU reflash which would help. All good.
Most here will not. Happy to be of help with either 02-optimizers or a re-flash. Contact me direct email; Todd at GuzziTech.com

Just an update. I bought the OEM used exhaust. They were in good shape minus and scrape down the side (cosmetic) and the left side was missing the shoe to mount it to the bike. After waiting 12 weeks on back order from Italy, it finally arrived and I cinched it down and took it for a spin in 35 degrees. I bought it in the summer, and the bike always sputtered and stalled like it was cold. Now with the original parts, it rode better in 35 degrees than ever before. The sound is quieter and I think it sounds even better. With those EMGO pipes it sounded like a misfiring Harley. Now it's a steady pum-pum-pum-pum sound. Not pum-pum-pum-pop-pum-pum. It's perfect. No ECU flashing or anything.

The moral of my story, is go with proper parts.

P.S. the graphite gaskets were fine. I didn't need new ones.

Can anyone identify them. If not, does anyone have any suggestions for how much I should sell them.

Emgo universal mufflers. New they are $50 each

Look like EMGO - they are built to a quality level (very low) and are pretty much worthless once second hand. Yep sound like shyte too - don't ask me how I know...

They are of such high quality (cough) I'd use them for garden ornaments or shooting practice.

Can be made to perform - like cutting out the restrictor/baffle in the middle of the muffler, but still sound like shyte.

Back