• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Create your own Guzzi

yaithouri

Just got it firing!
I would like to start a conversation about designing your perfect Guzzi.
The idea would be to continue this thread with suggestions on what you would like Guzzi to build if you had a magic wand.
Obviously the engine layout must remain because that's what makes it a Guzzi.
Perhaps you are 99% happy with an existing model but wish something could be changed.
eg: engine capacity, fairing, relocating oil cooler, different wheels, panniers, something more sport orientated, a motard or streetfighter style bike. Maybe a fat tired Diavel style concept?
Drawings could be submitted to let our imaginations go crazy.
It would be interesting to see if common themes kept popping up.
Maybe we're all thinking along similar lines but Guzzi has just never thought of that modification or design.
Us Guzzi lovers are generally "outside the box" thinkers so we probably have active imaginations anyway.

1. MGS-01 with lights.
2. Retro Le Mans (Mk 1-3) with Griso engine & V11 6 speed, monoshock rear end. Must be kept light and low like the original.

A range of V9 bikes - ie Bellagios styled like the V7 Racer/Classic/Stone etc

To me the 850 T-3 was the best all around bike Guzzi produced. You could customize it as you wanted to do what you want. However, it will never see production again. Several years ago, I wrote a magazine article about nobody is building my bike (mid 1990s). I've added a PDF of the text here.

Finally in 2006, the 1100 Breva appeared that fit the bill from my article, or close enough. So I purchased one. Put it back in production, adding ABS would be nice. Also lower the center of gravity would be great. As is she is a bit top heavy if you have to pick her up by yourself. Trying to pick it up after dropping in gravel I suffered a fractured L3 vertebrae. Yes I did use the correct technique, but the CG is just too high if she goes over all the way. There you have it, come out with an updated 1100 Breva and keep it a push rod twin with 2 valves per cylinder for simplicity.

Attachments

• MYBIKE_1.pdf
    11.2 KB · Views: 26
1. MGS-01 with lights.
2. Retro Le Mans (Mk 1-3) with Griso engine & V11 6 speed, monoshock rear end. Must be kept light and low like the original.
+1.
I would drive straight over to my Guzzi dealer (not sure who that is anymore) and buy one today if they brought the MGS01 to the USA as a street legal bike.
Otherwise I would like something crazy, like a V4 powered Griso with the motor mounted sideways like currently done.

Personally I want a Norge but smaller and lower. A 900cc engine built around the V7 block. A seat a couple inches lower than current and keep the weight down. I got excited when I saw they had an 850 Norge in Europe but it is just a small displacement 1200. Same dimensions and weight so why would I buy it over the 1200.

As for the street legal MGS 01. If I was younger I would go in debt again for it. Now, only if I could come up with disposable income for it. I would love to have one but I doubt I would ride it a lot. But I think it would be great fun when I did.

Really outside the box. Put a 900 or 1000 in a Guzzi with a fairing and the tail section opening to a trunk like a Honda PC800. Piaggio being a scooter company should see the potential in this. Nothing is handier than that trunk. The shaft drive Guzzi engine and the shape of the motor lends itself to this. Just don't try to hide the motor like Honda did.

I like the V7 Sport. Wonder if people would like / buy a "modern" one?

I would probably do it.

View attachment 7760
They sell that now. And it is their most popular model from what I understand.
And if you want one, you should buy one. But I have no interest in that, we already have an old V65 Lario which I find way more interesting.

Another thing to remember, the small block motor is likely already pushing the limits of its design when knocked out to 750. Not sure a 900 would work so well. You can wish, but it has to be feasible for Guzzi to build it.

Bring back the Gambulunga:

moto_guzzi_gambalunga.jpg

And the Falcone:

Moto-Guzzi-Falcone-6-740x610.jpg

Or maybe a Guzzi sloper single to shorten up the wheelbase?

image_65_resize.jpg

Money would fly out of my bank if they would make a 1200 with 120+hp and full fairing. Oh, a shorter wheelbase would be nice, too.

My California Custom would be perfect if it had foot pegs directly beneath you, like a Griso.
I absolutely hate the floorboards. It's my first floorboard motorcycle. I didn't think it would be a big deal, but it's turned out to be one.
You feel like you're going to roll right off the seat when in the twisties. Foot pegs are a lot more stable. I need something to wrap my toes around like a parrot.
Hate 'em. :mad:

There may be a common thread here. It seems like a standard platform with a half fairing might be a winner.
A comfortable version of the MGS01?
The Sport 1200 with a modern top fairing ie Stelvio fairing?
I think what BMW has done with the R1200R, R1200RS and R nine T is clever. Basically a naked, half faired and retro bike.
Guzzi could build one platform that does all 3 of these things.
It would need to weigh less and perhaps be a bit shorter in the wheelbase than a Griso.
What's interesting though, no one is writing-in demanding cruisers and adventure bikes from Guzzi.
Are they on the wrong path?

On a separate issue. Another 'out of the box' idea
Mandello racing(V2), Motus motorcycles(V4) and Honda (V4) are building across the frame engines with the exhaust and inlet ports rotated 90 degrees.
BMW has already done this with the latest boxer twin engines. (have a look at the new R1200R photos)
This maintains the across the frame layout we all love but the riders knees can move further forward (no throttle bodies in the way) and the engine can be moved forward to the front tire because the exhausts no longer get in the way. The end result is a shorter wheel base, less reach to the bars and better forward weight bias.
I find the engine block castings unattractive and the side exhausts do a good job of covering those..
MAS12-05.jpg

On a separate issue. Another 'out of the box' idea
Mandello racing(V2), Motus motorcycles(V4) and Honda (V4) are building across the frame engines with the exhaust and inlet ports rotated 90 degrees.
BMW has already done this with the latest boxer twin engines. (have a look at the new R1200R photos)
This maintains the across the frame layout we all love but the riders knees can move further forward (no throttle bodies in the way) and the engine can be moved forward to the front tire because the exhausts no longer get in the way. The end result is a shorter wheel base, less reach to the bars and better forward weight bias.
I find the engine block castings unattractive and the side exhausts do a good job of covering those..
MAS12-05.jpg
I like this kind of setup. Seems like air cooling would be better as it is not preheated by the exhaust. Keeping the pipes in tight so nobody gets burned may require some tricks. The inlets could be a straight shot from an under tank airbox and the fuel tank could go down behind the engine where the inlet is now so there should be good fuel capacity. I hate small tanks. This setup is one I had never thought about. They could even do a performance model with DOHC driven by a chain or belt off the front of the crank. So many possibilities.

Back