RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - Be sure to check in on the GuzziTech Store, link/tab above. Thanks to your support, we will continue to bring to market our 100% Made-in-the-USA GT products here based on your input. Also note, we are subject to the delays of Italian made products this time of year, so thanks in advance for your patience on those orders... and PLEASE refrain from using the Contact form here to ask about your order Status, or questions best posted to the Forum or better yet, try a search. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something you’ve purchased from us. We do not have a phone number; We are online only. You will find us highly responsive via the Contact form with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future.
  2. Ciao Guest - Our Small Business discount... Now through December 15th, enjoy Free Priority Shipping (on most items) for any orders over $99 in our online Store linked above, use gtholidayfreeship99 code at checkout. We wish you the best for the Holiday Season.

Damn! I better order that new Michelin tomorrow.

Discussion in 'V7/V9 Chat & Tech' started by John Backlund, Oct 11, 2017.

1. John Backlund

John Backlund Tuned and Synch'ed GT Site Contributor!

4600 miles and that demon is toast...
    IMG_20171010_174025651.jpg

2. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT Famiglia

I suggest you order a matching front Michelin at the same time. Keeping matched profiles will make for better behavior.

MOLT and NorthernProducer like this.
  3. Raven

Raven Tuned and Synch'ed

I put Pilot Road 4 GT on the Norge and the handling was transformed. My outgoing Pirelli Angel looked far worse than your Demon.

4. John Backlund

The Pirelli in front is probably about half-life, and I'm going to run it a while longer. I'll replace it in the spring with a matching Michelin....unless I decide at the last minute to go with Avons, front and back.

5. Stradagene

Stradagene Cruisin' Guzzisti

Continental Road Attack III's ???

Poppe likes this.
  6. TimmyTheHog

TimmyTheHog Tuned and Synch'ed

ya...your demon has been slain...

I got my Conti Road Attack III on order but man they are back ordered at the moment...so gotta wait :(

MOLT and Poppe like this.
  7. jpv7

jpv7 Tuned and Synch'ed

Can't disagree, but I have a Demon on the front and Michelin on the rear of my V7ii and have run the bike hard through the canyons with no issues. I would not mismatch with the radials, though.

8. GR1

GR1 Tuned and Synch'ed

Revzilla just got the proper rear size in stock! Front still out of stock... but things are moving :)

Edit: to be clear, I'm getting it through Todd. Just excited that this means things are getting stateside

9. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member

Thanks, and I have some in the mail today from the East Coast distribution center (rears only).

GR1 likes this.
  10. canuck1969

canuck1969 GT Reference GT Contributor

7BB0543B-E1B7-4122-B820-C96ED139C8E1.jpeg

Michelin’s are tough. I can attest to it. Just pulled it out and kept riding. All good.

TimmyTheHog and MOLT like this.
  11. John Backlund

As a practical matter, as long as the specs are similar, I don't have any hesitation with mixing tire brands on either end of the bike. The tires are as good as the least of the two, and if both are trusted brands, I'll never know the difference. One tire does not 'communicate' with the other, both function independently regardless of whether they are 'matched' or not as long as OEM specs are met.