RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. Otherwise, be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GT products and engine kits. We are still mostly a one man operation (not Amazon), so thanks in advance for your patience on orders. PLEASE refrain from emailing about your order Status, as you will get an email with tracking info when your order goes out; Email inquiries on orders slows everything down. Most General questions you may have are well answered on the Forum; Be sure to try a search and post there. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something on the Store or that you have purchased from us. We do NOT have a phone number - We are online only - Do not email and tell us to call you. You will find us highly responsive via email on the Contact page with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our custom builds at GTMotoCycles.com or click the Service tab above.

Eldorado Passenger Back Rest Info - READ IF INTERESTED!

Discussion in 'Cal 1400 8V' started by GT-Rx®, Nov 23, 2016.

1. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member

This thread will now house the info for those interested in a custom backrest for their Eldo 1400. Please post below if you would purchase something like this. Uss below started this thread...

IMG_9250.jpg

John L likes this.
  2. GT-Rx®

Likely a custom or one off for the show... happens on occcasion. Pic below shows it better. So what would you be willing to pay for such an item? It's come up before here to offer a detachable back rest for the 1400 rear rack/grab rail, however the Eldo rail would need to be more permanent. Post below on how many are interested, and how much you'd spend, and perhaps I'll see what I can offer.

IMG_9251.JPG

3. Uss

Uss Tuned and Synch'ed

I would definitely be interested in one if it can just go on to the Eldo passenger seat frame/grab rail. Cant say about how much though....$150.00 would be a good price.

4. GT-Rx®

OK, let me see what I can do. Would you mind drill holes in your stock bar to bolt one on? $150 would be really tough as the back rest pad alone is about half to two-thirds that cost alone here in the States. I would say closer to $300 for a bolt on back-rest... keep in mind, much like everything else I offer, these are hand-made, built to order. It would be powder-coated in a bright silver mimicking chrome.

5. groundhog105

groundhog105 Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Site Contributor!

I like the tank bag and the mounting idea. Any idea if this is available

6. Uss

Uss Tuned and Synch'ed

Hi Todd
    Any closer to the back rest? If you are seriously looking at it can you do a clamp type design as opposed to drilling a hole. A clamp may allow a quick release mechanism plus I would prefer not having to drill holes. Cheers

7. GT-Rx®

No movement yet. Clamps add complexity and cost of course. I would really need to have a few money-committed people to step up. Takers?

8. ZClark73

ZClark73 Tuned and Synch'ed

Would this backrest work on a Cali14 Custom, or only the el Dorado?

9. GT-Rx®

Any 1400 with the OEM rear rack.

10. Uss

Uss Tuned and Synch'ed

Hi...have you given some thought to making one for the Eldos? The other models have a choice of backrests...OEM or HB...it is only the Eldo which can't have one in it's original configuration....apart from the one in the launch photo above....

11. GT-Rx®

Yes, this is your original post. I just need access to one in SoCal for a week or so. No takers yet. Anyone?

12. Uss

Uss Tuned and Synch'ed

I am in.....I am sure others will be too once they see one

13. Fast1400

Fast1400 Tuned and Synch'ed

I'm in for a durable, immovable (once bolted/clamped/welded) padded backrest that will be able to attach to the standard touring grabrail, the one with the small shelf on the back, or a whole new grabrail/backrest idea.
    Todd, would it be easier to design/cheaper to manufacture one that takes the place of the existing grabrail? , I think the mounting holes for the grabrails are universally located on all the C1400 line?
    What I'd pay ? Seeing what's out there right now, ~$ 200-300 USD for 'attach' design, up to $500 USD for incorporating backrest into new grabrail.
    BTW Todd, the C1400 hbar risers work great and allow just enough reach for a more comfortable riding position on longer routes, well done !
    Put me down for one, preferably a new design incorporated into the grabrail.

14. Harry H

Harry H Just got it firing! GT Site Contributor!

I would be interested. I keep my Eldo at my studio in Van Nuys if you need it.

GT-Rx® likes this.
  15. GT-Rx®

Excellent on both. Might you be able to drop off in Malibu or can I meet you on the Valley side of say Topanga to scoop it up? Ping me direct email if you would please; Todd at GuzziTech.com

16. GT-Rx®

Thanks for the input. My thoughts were to make one for ease/expense, as stated already, would be to make a clever on/off backrest mount onto the stock rail/rack, and a mounting kit for the std 1400 rail/rack for the Eldo. However if there is more than one or two that would pre-buy them for me to invest in the R&D, that's a route I can go too. Custom built limited production items are costly to do. $500 would likely be the target for rail/rack/backrest. Thoughts from there?

17. Uss

Uss Tuned and Synch'ed

Would your design incorporate a small rack with the backrest or do you have just the back rest in mind?

18. GT-Rx®

Well, that would be a question back to you and those interested. The Eldo has just the small grab rail. How many want a rack with back rest option, and how many want just the back rest only?

IMG_0707.JPG

19. Fast1400

Fast1400 Tuned and Synch'ed

I would prefer an 'all in one' design that bolts to the 3 existing mounts strictly for rigidity (have to try and ensure some security for those who dare to get on the back), a small shelf would just add to the cost.

20. Uss

Uss Tuned and Synch'ed

I agree with an all in design that could incorporate a small rack. Given the right support a removable back rest can give both... a reliable back support and a small rack. The reason being that more often than not when there is a pillion there will be potential of an overnighter...which means a small tail bag...atleast. However since I am based in Australia it will mean conversion to A$ and shipping as well so I am in for a max of US$ 300.00....sorry if I am being tight fisted but for more than that I can have it made by one of the custom bike fabricators in Melbourne....