• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Eldorado Passenger Back Rest Info - READ IF INTERESTED!

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and new to Guzzi. I just picked up an Eldorado and was a little bemused to find there was no passenger backrest option available. My missus rides with me all the time. If this project is still progressing I am in for an option that preserves the stock two piece seat.

I'm new to the forum and new to Guzzi. I just picked up an Eldorado and was a little bemused to find there was no passenger backrest option available. My missus rides with me all the time. If this project is still progressing I am in for an option that preserves the stock two piece seat.
Congrats on the Eldo(!). Hope you'll add your info to the Registry pages here; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/cal1400-registry-pics-thread-add-your-bike.11538/

Yes, project is progressing, but a bit stalled right now as I need another bike for a few days to finalize placement of the back rest pad and angle.

Backrest Made a simple backrest to match the looks of the Cali, it clamps to the lower rail and gets support from the upper rail. Takes a couple of minutes to fix/ remove and stores in the side bag.

Well done....Good looking and functional design. Can you share some photos of the area where it is clamped....it may be able to give some ideas on how to adapt it to the Eldorados. The seat frame on the Eldos is a bit different to the Cali Touring & Custom.

Well done....Good looking and functional design. Can you share some photos of the area where it is clamped....it may be able to give some ideas on how to adapt it to the Eldorados. The seat frame on the Eldos is a bit different to the Cali Touring & Custom.

It has hinged clamps with an allen bolt, so no modifications required to the existing rails and quick to remove.

20170812 111518 1502596526457 resized 20170812 111453 1502596532799 resized 20170812 111500 1502596530515 resized

Reactions: Uss
Great....thank you for sharing. Were the clamps fabricated? They look like a different material......

I had it all fabricated by our workshop ,including the upholstery (they maintain vehicles and heavy plant for construction) .
The clamps could do with a buff on the polishing wheel, bikes been resting under the dust covers for the last 2 mths waiting for some cooler weather.

Just purchased a 2016 Eldo and I am very interested in a removable backrest with original grab rail. I live Florida. Otherwise I would drop it off. Lol

Likely a custom or one off for the show... happens on occcasion. Pic below shows it better. So what would you be willing to pay for such an item? It's come up before here to offer a detachable back rest for the 1400 rear rack/grab rail, however the Eldo rail would need to be more permanent. Post below on how many are interested, and how much you'd spend, and perhaps I'll see what I can offer.

View attachment 11256
You can get the backrest and frame here on GT. It's actually made for the touring 1400. Bolts right on. Don't know if it works with the original seat. Ordered both the touring seat and backrest for my 2016 Eldorado. Haven't gotten the seat yet. The rack and backrest costs around 350

It's actually made for the touring 1400. Bolts right on. Don't know if it works with the original seat.
Thanks Jim, it will not work with the stock seat as the Eldo rear seat bolts to the grab rail.

True. Forgot about that
I also have a 2016 Eldorado and would like to purchase the backrest and luggage rack combo when you have it available. Before I saw this post I had tried the Hepco & Becker luggage rack but discovered I would have to replace the separate rider and passenger seat with the combined touring seat if I wanted to carry a passenger and still would need a backrest so I like your design to utilize the original seats on the Eldorado . Let me know when you think you’ll have them ready. Thank you, Jim

It seems impossible to get a bike into the shop to complete the job, so not sure what to say here.

Hi
Along with several others in this chat I am also the proud owner of a new Eldorado and desperately searching for a backrest solution. I've lost track in the chat of who is actually planning to make them but I am in for one if I can't find an alternative before these are available. I would prefer a bolt on to the existing bracket and don't mind drilling holes for mounting if required. If that's not possible a fixed replacement unit would suit.
Thanks
Andy

Back