RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - Happy New Year. We’ve added a ‘Ask the wrench’ section for those who have made a donation to the site, for fast and effective help from the most experienced and knowledgeable here. Be sure to click on the Store link/tab above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GT products and engine kits. We are still mostly a one man operation (not Amazon), so thanks in advance for your patience on orders. You will get shipping info when your order goes out. PLEASE refrain from using the Contact form here to ask about your order Status, or questions best posted to the Forum. Be sure to try a search; Most questions are well covered here already. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something you’ve purchased from us. We do not have a phone number; We are online only. You will find us highly responsive via the Contact form with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future.

Exhaust grinds

Discussion in 'New Gen Cali 1400 8V' started by Beruff, Jan 12, 2018 at 7:19 AM.

1. Beruff

Beruff Just got it firing!

So I just traded in my fz09 for 2014 custom and noticed that when I ride hard in my turns that the right side muffler grinds right at the bottom tip. Any help on making it any different to fix the exhaust. Stock exhaust, fox racing suspension.

20171229_193230.jpg

2. V700Steve

V700Steve Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

There is a nice selection of aftermarket mufflers in the store here. Different shape should work.

GT-Rx® likes this.
  3. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Steve, welcome Beruff. Congrats on the 1400! The fox air shocks tend to ride deep in the stroke, so perhaps try more air pressure, that and the mufflers are problematic for that reason. I offer some smaller diameter short mufflers as well. I think have some on the shelf ready to go depending on finish; http://www.guzzitech.com/store/product/gt-rx-ss-cal14-megs/ (longs only shown there, but a pic below of the short mufflers)

Where in CA are you?

41B52C99-AEE8-4859-A4F5-C5BD90851138.jpeg

4. Mrmerlin

Mrmerlin Tuned and Synch'ed GT Site Contributor!

Thats a good looking bike.
    based on your suspension mods it looks like the bike is riding lower than a stocker does.
    are the fork tubes raised in the triple clamps?
    Did you measure the rear fender height before fitting new shocks?
    Measure straight up from the axle to the fender lip

if you didnt it would be wise to refit the stock shocks measure them and then make the new shocks raise to the same level.
    Beyond that the mufflers can be turned slightly to give a bit more ground clearance.

If thats not good then fitting shorter mufflers with a slightly smaller OD may do the trick.

That said it would be best to raise the bike to atleast the factory ride height if you want it to corner safely.
    If you bought the bike this way them you may not have the original shocks ask another custom owner what his measurements are.

ideally you want the running boards outer edges to touch the ground first

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018 at 6:02 PM
  5. Robert Gibson

Robert Gibson Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Site Contributor!

Nice looking bike and I would agree with Steve on one of Todd's muffler options, and add on the fuelling mods so you have the go to compliment the show.

GT-Rx® likes this.
  6. Smartleynz

Smartleynz Tuned and Synch'ed

hey Todd nice poster in the workshop bro.

GT-Rx® likes this.