RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - Welcome to the GT Forum. Posts here are to help with issues and questions related to your Guzzi & GT products - However, always use the Search feature first, as most topics have been well covered. Please see our store tab above; Off-site hyperlinks for competing products/companies will be deleted. Note we are still largely a one man operation; We are NOT Amazon, so do not expect that level of service. Orders can take a week or more to ship, and PLEASE refrain from using the Contact form here to ask about your order status OR questions best posted to the Forum. If you must reach out, reply on the actual order email with number. Refunds can take 5-15 days after processed in our system... we have no control over this. We cannot offer personal support to your questions, problems or issues unless related to a product you bought from us here. NO phone calls can be made - please do not ask. We are online ONLY. Thank you for your understanding and business, past and future. In SoCal? Visit GTMotocycles.com for all of your Service needs, or click the Service tab above.

Fault free SERVICE! error and ECU-DISCONNECT fix

Discussion in 'BNS12 Chat & Tech' started by Breva120008, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Breva120008

Breva120008 Just got it firing!

Following a long period of the dreaded SERVICE! and red triangle of doom on the dash and no errors appearing followed by a half hearted root around by me and a session in a dealer all to no avail, I was presented with the ECU-DISCONNECT message and a dead Breva 1200 following the normal clock sweep on ignition ON.

After dutifully checking all the usual suspects of battery, fuses, every connector I could find, dash connectors, speedo, oil, and neutral sensors, I finally found a thread on a Griso forum suggesting the earth wire on the ECU may be the culprit, and after some faffing about and teaching the neighbours some new words it turns out that there doesn't need to be much tarnishing for it to kill it's connection off...... I use the word tarnish because it wasn't corrosion in the usual sense.

This has left me with a sense of surprise at the total absence of signs of corrosion in the harness connectors!!

john zibell likes this.
  2. mojohand

mojohand Cruisin' Guzzisti

Did your work eliminate the SERVICE! light from, well, lighting? My brother's '08 Norge (and '07 before that) does this.

3. Breva120008

Breva120008 Just got it firing!

Certainly did Mojo, having trawled through the numerous posts about electrickery issues earthing seems to play a big part and almost seems to be the first port of call, especially when the error codes aren't pointing you in a clear direction. Good luck!!