• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Foot Peg Question

Steven Ellsworth

Tuned and Synch'ed
This is sort of part of my other question concerning an "engine shake." It is going into the shop on Tuesday have a baffle replaced. The more and more I drive it, it seems like the foot pegs on both sides shake as the engine shakes. This seems to only happen when the engine is hot and at idle. When it is running it seems to iron itself out. Is it possible for it to be an engine mount? Has anyone had/have this issue. The dealer is attempting to tell me it is normal. I just don't buy it. I would like the consensus of the group.

Thanks,

Steve

At idle the bike is going to shake a little, that is normal. You do get a little bit of vibration into the foot pegs at some rpm's.

Myself I don't even notice it once I get going or it's what is expected from a v twin engine. To me it feels like a BMW old airheads I've own in the past, I love it.

If the dealer checks it out and tells you everything is Ok it probably is. They don't want to take the chance of a liability lawsuit or Lemon Law hassle. Just not worth it for those guys or any company for that matter.

Well, I hope the shake is nothing. I love the bike. The shake is when the bike has been riding a while. For instance, if I go from light to light to light and then slow down at a light, the shake is super prevalent. The dealership called Piaggio today to ask them about it. They THINK it is something to do with the exhaust. Either way, I love riding the bike. :) They should know more by the weekend.

Could be the exhaust rubbing up on something, that exhaust can be adjusted left and right if you loosen the entire system up at the heads and exhaust clamps along with the crossover hardware. If you loosen that all up you can adjust that exhaust so it is not rubbing on anything. The other thing it could be is ignition issue like EFI, CPS, coil, whatever. Make sure they see if any codes show up. Sounds like maybe you do have something going on with the way you explained it.

Yeah....I called the shop a little while ago and they are "working" on my bike. I do think there is something rubbing or vibrating on the bike. I have told them about it since it had 40 miles on it. It now has 470. I think part of my problem is the dealership sells them, but I do not think they know much about them. Hence part of my issue. It is like I have to tell them how to fix the bike. It is crazy.

I got my precious V7 Racer back today. They have resolved my foot peg problem. The finally called Piaggio like I asked them to do. It appears every once in a while the Kick-stand is positioned in such a way that when the engine gets hot, it will rattle agains the exhaust that feels like it comes through the engine. So, the shop replaced the left side baffle that was also bad and repositioned the kick-stand and exhaust....and voila....it rides like a dream. I am happy they were able to resolve the issue. I love riding the Racer, I just did not enjoy the rattle. It would rattle my feet off of the pegs. I appreciate everyone's responses and advice. I look forward to years of riding the bike. :).

I had the same issue Steven, and traced it back to the exhaust touching on the kick stand, made quiet a racquet. Adjusted the exhaust by packing in some spacers on exhaust bracket so it held the exhaust out and away from the kick stand, sounds much better.

It is nice to know I was not alone with the issue. I looked yesterday and it does look like they used spacers as well. That works for me. As long as the earthquake shakes from my foot pegs are gone...I am good to go.

You can gap the kick-stand by simply loosening the exhaust at the head and the crossover tube, and spreading them apart. There's plenty of movement allowed at the crossover tube. Just FYI.

Thanks Todd. I appreciate the info. Getting my bike back is like riding a new bike again. It does not have all the noise it made before :).

Back