• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

FROZEN ODOMETER 334455_MG 1200 SPORT

lucas

Just got it firing!
Hi Moto Guzzi Team..., I am the new guy in the forum, from Spain.
I had a bad surprise after my MG dealer operates in my 1200Sport (do not want blame him...he is really and expert ) , is that as title post was written, my ODO has been frozen at 334455 km. ( my motorbike has 50.000 km), and worst is that it is not counting more mileage.:envy:
I have read some similar issue in this forum, but can not find the final solution ( if it had..). Does anybody suffered and most important...how to solve it ? (please...don´t change ECU....:hi:)
Thanks in advance for your recomendations !!

That information is stored in the dash unit. If the speedometer is working, it is a problem with the dash. Do a search on "Carmo" Those guys should be able to repair your dash.

Cool, nice to hear has possible reparation, I will contact with them.
Do you have any idea what could happened?

I saved this, too. (Apologies to the author, I didn't keep the reference):

BINGO! GuzziMoto's reboot procedure just worked to correct my dash problem.

Bike: 2007 Griso 1100, 13,000 miles.

Symptom: The digital display for the "Mode" left-handlebar option stopped working entirely after I had recharged the battery from a discharged condition using an older Battery Tender. (I forget how it became discharged.) The partial dash failure then persisted for months, making me think I would need a new dash.

Treatment: Per GuzziMoto, I disconnected the battery, turned the key to "On," and waited, about 48 hours as it turned out. Then I turned off the key, connected the battery, and turned on the key, after which the display was fine again.

Many, many thanks, GuzziMoto,

Moto​

heyy....!!!, this would be a nice solution !. I will do inmediatelly, unless I already dismount the dash from the motorbike.
I will try the proposed solution, also contact with the manufactured ( DIGITEK S.p.a.) ...let´s try both.
Thanks so much !

Back