RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - Welcome to the GT Forum. Posts here are to help with issues and questions related to your Guzzi & GT products - However, always use the Search feature first, as most topics have been well covered. Please see our store tab above; Off-site hyperlinks for competing products/companies will be deleted. Note we are still largely a one man operation; We are NOT Amazon, so do not expect that level of service. Orders can take a week or more to ship, and PLEASE refrain from using the Contact form here to ask about your order status OR questions best posted to the Forum. If you must reach out, reply on the actual order email with number. Refunds can take 5-45 days after processed in our system... we have no control over this. We cannot offer personal support to your questions, problems or issues unless related to a product you bought from us here. NO phone calls can be made - please do not ask. We are online ONLY. Thank you for your understanding and business, past and future. In SoCal? Visit GTMotocycles.com for all of your Service needs, or click the Service tab above.

Georgia Guzzi Campout 2017

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by buellish1, Aug 29, 2017.

1. buellish1

buellish1 Just got it firing!

This year the GA Guzzi campout is October 20th-22nd at Two Wheels of Suches.Come ride some of the best roads in the Southeast,enjoy food and friends at one of the best motorcycle campgrounds in the country! At TWOS there are lodge rooms,cabins,camping and food available Friday evening through Sunday lunch.Call or make your reservations online.As always no reservation are necessary for camping.

http://twowheelsofsuches.com/

2. Bill Hagan

Bill Hagan High Miler GT Famiglia

Above Pott's Camp along Braddock's route, Virginia
    Thanks for posting here. The Georgia Campout is always a great "unrally."

Given weather uncertainties at that time of year, I'll probably be on the Norge, and may trailer it down if needed :shake: especially if paired (as is likely) with Mom duty week there.

Bill

P.S. Can't remember who sent this pic of us back in July at T.W.O, but if you haven't seen it, here 'tis. :D

[​IMG]

3. buellish1

Thanks for posting that Bill,I had not seen it.That's Joe Alberts on Bill's left and me on the right.I look forward to seeing you in October!

4. Trout

Trout High Miler

I might just be able to make this one.

Last Guzzi Rallye I was at was in Emmaus PA around '86 or '87.

5. buellish1

Hope you can make it! You live in Gainesville? I'm just down the road in Dahlonega.

6. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT Founder!

He is in the other Gainesville, the one in Florida.

7. buellish1

That's a bit of a haul.Now I really hope you can make it!

8. Trout

Trout High Miler

Gainesville Florida!!! LOL I get that whenever I'm in GA & stop to talk with someone.

It's a good ride from here to there about an easy 8 hour ride.
    I take back roads that parallel I-75 till around Macon then cut North East a bit.
    Love the small towns & the country side.

Used to go up to Riders Hill when they were still in business.
    Bought the 2011 Black Eagle from them & test road the 1400, V7, & Griso there.

I'm hoping a friend of mine can come also, she rides a Triumph Bonneville, lives in New Orleans & just finished a months ride up to New York. She was leaving for San Antonio Tx around the time the hurricane hit & I haven't heard from her so I'm hoping she is okay.

9. buellish1

I just found out about this road closure on Highway 60.This presents a problem for anyone attending the campout from the south of Suches.The logical detour would be taking Hwy 19 north out of Dahlonega to the dead end and then left on Hwy 129 north over Blood Mountain,then left on Hwy 180 to Suches.

http://us13.campaign-archive2.com/?u=80dbe14272ec0b5e1a1bf5b4e&id=783046c791

Mike

10. V700Steve

V700Steve Cruisin' Guzzisti

Mike has a nice ride lined up for Sat morning to lunch. Should be a Hoot.

11. Bill Hagan

Bill Hagan High Miler GT Famiglia

Above Pott's Camp along Braddock's route, Virginia
    I am trailering my Stornello to Atlanta this Friday, spending week there with eldercare and other duties, then "camping" in a motel in Cleveland on the campout weekend Fri & Sat. I waited too long to find closer accommodations. Should be "fun" hauling that rigette over Blood Mountain and Wolf Pen Gap Road. Not.

Wonder if I could park trailer at TWOS on Friday and pick it up on Sunday?

Bill

12. buellish1

I spoke with a couple of DOT guys this morning and they will not be doing and roadwork on the weekend,so it should be smooth sailing for the lunch ride route.I will check the road surface on 60 south to the Stone Pile Saturday morning after breakfast if I can't find out what kind of work they will be doing next week.I had serious ear plugs in when I spoke with the DOT guys this morning so an extended conversation was not happening.

Bill,I'm sure you could get away with parking your rig in the parking lot on the south side of the property.I've seen trucks and trailers there when no one was staying at TWOS.

13. buellish1

Highway 60 will be open Friday,Saturday and Sunday.Gold Rush Days in Dahlonega are this weekend,Saturday and Sunday so the town square should be avoided unless you just want to be stuck in traffic on an air cooled motorcycle.