• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

GPS Connections on V7 II & III's?

^^^^^^^

Unless another C-Bow hard-bag owner gets that done first, I'll ask my brother to take that rear-view shot.

That pic was of his V7 III Special in Atlanta. My V7 is a Stornello.

I agree that the hard bags look great on my bro's V7 ... and the pic I chose is hardly the most flattering angle.

Bill

Awesome, thanks Bill! I wish Hepco & Becker would have announced them earlier, or maybe I just didn't know where to look, but it was less than a month after I bought the Street Soft Oval bags and the C-Bow mounts that I saw them and had almost immediate buyers remorse, boo! Assuming they're not too wide, and seeing as they hold nearly the same amount as my soft bags, I think I'll try to convince the missus to let me get them for my birthday, lol.

A further discovery to the switched 12v plug under the seat:
If you look at the top picture on page 111 of the Service Manual (Todd's "Download" pages) you'll see a pic of the main fuse block. Fuse "E" (or 5) is the fuse protecting this cct.

Awesome, thanks Bill! I wish Hepco & Becker would have announced them earlier, or maybe I just didn't know where to look, but it was less than a month after I bought the Street Soft Oval bags and the C-Bow mounts that I saw them and had almost immediate buyers remorse, boo! Assuming they're not too wide, and seeing as they hold nearly the same amount as my soft bags, I think I'll try to convince the missus to let me get them for my birthday, lol.

My brother had only one pic that came close.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW thumb 5cb3

I have no idea who the guy with the double chin and potbelly is. :giggle:

OTOH, I got into Atlanta last night and will go over there sometime this week and get a few shots.

Bill

Perfect, thank you! Those don't look as wide as the Street Soft Oval bags, they look better, more secure, and only one liter less space, I think I know what I'm doing for my next luggage purchase. Happen to know if he's had any complaints about them? I see they're rated only for something like 5kg each, though I've heard they're fine for quite a bit more than that. Thank you again!

Did we ever find out who the potbellied guy manhandling that poor Guzzi is? LOL!

^^^^

The 5kg limit is almost certainly lawyerspeak -- my second language ;) -- intended to avoid liability in the event some guy built like the guy in the pic and a wife of similar proportions (who brings along three hairdryers when she travels) do a cross-country multi-week ride on a V7! :eek:

Kathi is actually only a slip of a thing, so only I challenge the Norge's GVWR :tmi: ... and she won't ride the Griso or Stornello.

OTOH, she literally has packed three hairdryers on a m/c trip on the Norge. :makeup: Lordy, but she really is the Polish Princess Perfect Pillion, so she's worth it. :h:

i-8MtLSnJ-L.jpg

not to steal the thread, but I am LOL...how well does those portable garage works? being under the weather I mean...

And how well does the bike fit in there with the luggage system?

Sorry for delay, but between honey-do's and -- yes, yay, even -- riding a bit :clap:, have not had time. Oh, and I forgot, lethargy and sloth, too. ;)

Anyway, hmmmm.

I am a lawyer, so virtually -- heck, I even start out with a weasel word, "virtually" :giggle: -- all my answers start with "it depends."

Yet, of course, it's true.

Nothing beats a "real garage" for all sorts of reasons beyond "mere" protection from the elements. My brother is going to build one or buy a house with garage in the Georgia mountains to store his motos.

But, he bought those rib & canvas systems as temporary storage options while he figured out what to do. It's taken him six years of figuring so far! :rofl:

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW thumb 5cf8

I had a similar experience. I bought my EV in 2000 and the Ballabio in 2004. Here's how I stored them until 2005:

0ikDHTy3Q1egKuVm58b7ZA thumb 5d74

I built a garage -- the never-to-be forgotten "GarageMahalo" in 2005

RlpfWJq6R1OFdZncRsIc2g thumb 5d75

As a "man cave" and place to do work on motos and other stuff, garages are unbeatable. Still, when it came down to it, with $$$$$ being not the least, for many reasons, the "tents" were just fine.

As for clearing luggage, my brother leaves his on -- Michael also thinks checking air in tires and oil level are major maintenance items! ;) -- but those are easily removed and I would. Security is obviously a potential issue, too. Humidity and wind are factors, but prior planning usually reduces those risks.

So, we start off where I began ... it depends! :rofl:

Nonetheless, trust the foregoing has been somewhat responsive.

Bill

LOL...thanks bill!

Ya, I do have a garage but it is so small that I can't work in it...stupid condo style housing...:banghead:

I can park my bike in the garage during winter since I don't ride it as much, but been looking at parking in the front yard during summer for a more easier access as I am tired of moving the Mrs. and my cars to just get the bike in and out...:whew:

Those folding garage seems nice enough for the bike to last thru the summer in case of occasional rain...typical Pacific North West weather for ya...:rolleyes:

We have kids and grands in Edmonds and Portland, so appreciate your weather and Rubik's cube space challenges. BTDT on the latter, and have visited the PNW enough to understand the weather.

If you go the "airmobile tent" route, hope you have an understanding HOA ... or one that can be bribed. ;)

There are several makes of those shelters. You can find lots of reviews, including on y/t.

IMO from experience and watching Michael, look for, among all sorts of things, the ability tie down to strong pins into concrete or DEEP into grass; HEAVY-DUTY zippers and stiches that can hold the tension that happens when open and closed ... and from cycles of sun, rain, etc.; watch for base platform. One of Michael's is hollow core and does not stand up well to his Ducati M/S 1600; for obvious reasons, his V7 III Special seems to be less of an issue in compressing the base.

Must go.

Ciao!

Bill

Greetings. I'm picking up new V7 III Stone in a week or two and have a couple of questions about the "usb plug" nicely pictured in post #4 above. Can anyone tell me what sort of connector is pictured - SAE? Something else? Given that there's a 15 amp fuse on the circuit (see snip from service manual below), I'm hoping it might be suitable for heated grips. Is my hope warranted or does the presence of the headlights on the same circuit not leave enough headroom? Given that it's a switched circuit, I'm thinking that it won't be suitable for connecting battery tender leads because the battery won't charge while the ignition is off. Any wisdom or advice is appreciated. Cheers.

Upload 2018 3 22 14 55 52

Hmmmm.

As I said, above, in response to TtH's similar question -- https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/gps-connections-on-v7-ii-iiis.17847/page-2#post-140265 -- "it depends."

There are some "in-between" options I have seen that might bridge the gap without emptying your bank account as a garage sure did mine. See, e.g., https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Costco+Carport+Covers&FORM=RESTAB

IMO, the biggest potential drawback (especially if one lives in a high-wind area) is having an unplanned kite! :cry:

And, again, site dependent, some HOA's take dim views of such things. I lived in a "Hysterical District" in Atlanta and met some occasional snide resistance. Later, when I built a garage, I encountered "taste" objections. :swear:

Anyway, as I said, "it depends." So, if I have missed the point or your question or can add something, post here or PM.

Best,

Bill

Greetings. I'm picking up new V7 III Stone in a week or two and have a couple of questions about the "usb plug" nicely pictured in post #4 above. Can anyone tell me what sort of connector is pictured - SAE? Something else? Given that there's a 15 amp fuse on the circuit (see snip from service manual below), I'm hoping it might be suitable for heated grips. Is my hope warranted or does the presence of the headlights on the same circuit not leave enough headroom? Given that it's a switched circuit, I'm thinking that it won't be suitable for connecting battery tender leads because the battery won't charge while the ignition is off. Any wisdom or advice is appreciated. Cheers.

View attachment 14468

John Zibell and other long-timers here will likely snicker when they see me responding to a technical question, even a modest one, involving Guzzi electrics. :giggle:

But, here goes: The connector in post #4 is the TomTom connector that is on V7 II's, but not III's. Yes, it's "switched."

I installed a connector for an SAE lead directly to the batteries on my own V7 II Stornello and to my brother's V7 III. I use mine solely for charging; he, for electric jacket and gloves. No issues.

Trust that is responsive. If not, heckle away. ;)

Bill

Bill,
Do you have a link or details of these "pop up shelters"
Rob

I am in Atlanta and swamped with tasks, so cannot respond fully just now.

I had two of these: http://thebikebarn.net

My brother has, I think, these: http://www.cycleshell.com

There are no doubt more.

Have not looked for independent reviews.

They have their (obvious) limitations, of course, but, IMO, much better than covers only.

Hope this helps get you started.

Must go.

Bill

Back