• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Griso 1100 torque settings

Matias

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hello all,

I looked for the torque settings on the Maintenance Manual (available on this site) for the 2007 Griso 1100.
I found a chart with values for frame, brakes, levers......but not so much about the engine (cilinder head bolts, cilinder head covers, i.e.)
I made a search on the forum and couldn't find this info too...
Is this info in any separate workshop manual available?

Thanks.

Hello not-fishing
thanks for the input. I don't wanna get tough on you :), but the manual you refer to (thanks) is the one I mentioned in my first mail. There's a lot of torque settings....for about everything but the engine....
Anything else on the library?...

Rats! I though you were talking about the Owner's Manual not the Shop manual with all the pretty pictures that I need.

I usually do a web search then - double check opinion because we are talking about the web. Such as: https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/tightening-torque-settings-griso-1100.6335/

webbikeworld.com/Motorcycle-technical-articles/guzzi/valve-adjustment.htm

For valve cover bolts it depends on the gasket.

I'd email Todd or one of the other Moderators and ask for direction.

Hello all,

I looked for the torque settings on the Maintenance Manual (available on this site) for the 2007 Griso 1100.
I found a chart with values for frame, brakes, levers......but not so much about the engine (cilinder head bolts, cilinder head covers, i.e.)
I made a search on the forum and couldn't find this info too...
Is this info in any separate workshop manual available?

Thanks.

Cylinder heads use a rotational torque procedure so my recommendation is to leave them alone. Once installed they are not re-torqued. For torques not listed, I go by feel from experience.

Hello guys,

Thank you very much for the inputs.
I was really after the torque settings for the valve cover bolts. I noticed some oil on the right cylinder that seemed to be smearing from the cover gasket...The bike has just 10.000 miles on it and I've been taking it for the specified services...Is this common?
I'll give these bolts just a little squeeze....

Thanks again...have a nice day...

So did you're right boot & pant leg get soaked? like mine - if so Shout advanced spray is your friend. It worked well on my Dianese denims.

I used the OEM black gasket torqued on my first valve adjustment and it blew out after 3,000 miles. I had to scrap / polish the gasket material off the head.

The green older gaskets do seem to work better.

I broke down and bought a set of silicons but the jury is still out on those. The toque specs for the the silicons are in inch-lbs so you'd better have a torque-screwdriver. I just used a 3 way bike allen wrench and a little more than finger twist. They are supposed to be reusable but I've only got a couple of thousand miles on them. So far so good. About this time next year I should have 15,000 more miles and be able to give a report.

I wonder if it's always the right valve cover gasket.

Hello guys,
Thank you very much for the inputs.
I was really after the torque settings for the valve cover bolts. I noticed some oil on the right cylinder that seemed to be smearing from the cover gasket...The bike has just 10.000 miles on it and I've been taking it for the specified services...Is this common?
I'll give these bolts just a little squeeze....

Thanks again...have a nice day...

Use the gaskets for the older 1100s. Those are not as prone to leaking as the Griso/Breva new style gaskets. They don't need to be all that tight either as there is no pressure in the valve cover. If you want, use a thin coat of hylomar on the gasket. It is formulated for re-use. http://www.hylomarsealant.com/_resources/_html/order.html?gclid=CIDvprKJscgCFcOPHwodO7cMiQ There should be a source for it locally in Portugal.

Hello There,

I´ve had that issue too on both sides, I´m on the fourth gasket swap and it´s been 20.000Km without a problem. Also had a leg and foot full of oil twice, but I finally solved the problem.
I used thicker gasket paper that I found in an old auto part dealer and some engine joint sealant, gave the bolts the right torque (I don´t have that info with me now but I will check it later and post it), after a 250 Km torqued it again. And it´s fine so far.
I found out that those gaskets blew up because of some overpreassure in the engine blowby system. My engine breathing box was clogged and the molding wasn´t so good, after some drilling and good cleaning it seems to be working better now.

Later I´ll post the tightening torque I used in the valve covers.

Back