RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - Welcome to the GT Forum. Posts here are to help with issues and questions related to your Guzzi & GT products - However, always use the Search feature first, as most topics have been well covered. Please see our store tab above; Off-site hyperlinks for competing products/companies will be deleted. Note we are still largely a one man operation; We are NOT Amazon, so do not expect that level of service. Orders can take a week or more to ship, and PLEASE refrain from using the Contact form here to ask about your order status OR questions best posted to the Forum. If you must reach out, reply on the actual order email with number. Refunds can take 5-45 days after processed in our system... we have no control over this. We cannot offer personal support to your questions, problems or issues unless related to a product you bought from us here. NO phone calls can be made - please do not ask. We are online ONLY. Thank you for your understanding and business, past and future. In SoCal? Visit GTMotocycles.com for all of your Service needs, or click the Service tab above.

GT Custom Seat Options

Discussion in 'V7/V9 Chat & Tech' started by GT-Rx®, Nov 10, 2017.

1. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member

I'm now working on developing our own custom seat line. First up is a custom seat pan so you can buy them outright.
    The prototype Ferrari leather and alcantara suede Racer seat with closed cell foam topped with proprietary memory foam, shown below. Contact me direct email for info, or I will link them here on the site when we have the others ready.
    Who here are willing to deposit on one as to colors and options, etc.?

362F2331-3E29-4A6D-A44B-A7A9C8A3BC0B.jpeg

Below are some samples. Upper left is real leather, lower two are synthetic. The color options are endless outside of these random/popular selections, but I’d like to pick a few to for a run of, so comment below please.

B3243172-BFE6-4808-9D50-723EDB357C86.jpeg

RandomGRK and Conanidol like this.
  2. My name is Jeff

My name is Jeff Cruisin' Guzzisti

It would be great if the hump could be made into a storage compartment.

3. Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

... as in early (1970s) Ducati Sport and Super Sport? I agree. Any rough idea of cost?

4. Bob Ponticelli

Bob Ponticelli Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

I could/would be interested in a 1.5 seat with hump if you planning anything like that? I tried to get that from BAAK and they have trouble getting the sides tight.

5. My name is Jeff

My name is Jeff Cruisin' Guzzisti

Yes! I'm thinking put a hatch on the underside of the seat.

6. JACoH

JACoH Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Site Contributor!

I like the idea of a 1.5 version in synthetic. I don't like the way the center stripe is sewn on the seat top, looks like an irritant to the undercarriage.

7. GT-Rx®

What would you be willing to spend on such an item? This is a completely custom request.

8. GT-Rx®

Sorry, 1.5?
    Thanks, and because of the memory foam, you can't feel the belt extension at all. Regardless, I wouldn't offer it anyway unless requested.

Plan is to do ~10 bench and 10 Racer style hump seats to get started. For those who are in the market for a seat, and willing to deposit on one, please let me know materials and color preference.

9. Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

The Ducati seat I had in mind was the one off the mid 1970s 750/900SS. Like this ...
    Ducati900SSseat.JPG
    It doesn't have to be a fibreglass ducktail like the Duke, but the idea of being able to access it without having to remove the seat is what I like.

10. Bob Ponticelli

If you are "euro-sized" you can have a hump and a passenger. 1.5 pic below.

upload_2017-11-14_8-51-55.png

11. GT-Rx®

Got it. That should be easy to do. What is your other requirement? Inside the frame rails?

12. Bob Ponticelli

Would be cool. What you thinking ballpark pricing?

13. GT-Rx®

You didn't answer my two questions. Pricing will substantially less than BAAK, but as a guess $550+ depending on materials used.

14. Bob Ponticelli

Hmm....what is the other question?

BAAK is $598.07 USD delivered in leather. This being said he has had challenges with the hump seat with it not being tight on the sides.

15. GT-Rx®

Man, you guys sure do make me work. See four posts above, they were: What is your other requirement? Inside the frame rails?
    $598? How so? Advertised at 550 EUR = $647.51 at current exchange rates without shipping.
    I need a better explanation as to what "tight on the sides" means.

16. Bob Ponticelli

Todd - I think it is the extra VAT if he sells in EU. Here it is in my cart:

upload_2017-11-14_12-13-18.png upload_2017-11-14_12-12-33.png

Also: Tight means the leather wasn't stretched properly and was a tad wrinkled and or sagging in spots. I ended up returning the one I purchased a year ago. I still have the 2-up seat and is very well done on the stock pan. Not sure the stock pan is a plus but worries about the fit.

upload_2017-11-14_13-53-25.png

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  17. Bob Ponticelli

And yes, rails would be cool.

18. Godfrey

Godfrey Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

This is a tough one for me because the stock V7III Racer seat fits me so well and is so comfortable. And because I bought a Guzzi Gel Comfort Saddle for use when traveling (it's a full dual seat and allows me to fit a nice, big U-bag on the passenger section to carry my gear in). There are certainly nicer, prettier seat options that can be done ... I'm just not sure that I'm going to be in the market until I wear out the stock seat.

The notion of a monoposto styled seat with some storage in the hump is a very good one. The V7III bikes are very skint when it comes to on-board storage space for tools and incidentals.

I'm not a big fan of suede finish on a seat because it tend to prevent me from being able to slide around when tossing the bike through corners. A ventilated seating area like in the first photo posted in this thread is appealing: that's the way I had the custom seat on my 850T finished years ago and it was by far the best custom seat I ever used. (I went to Corbin's factory and they made it to my specification, on the original seat pan. It took six tries to get it just right, and it got better and better as it broke in and formed to my shape.)

G