GT-Rx® Performance ECUs

Discussion in 'GT-Rx® Fueling' started by GT-Rx®, Mar 1, 2010.

1. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member

I am happy to be able to offer full programing options for "Race Only" ECU flashes for any '00-current Guzzi, modified for U.S. fuels and most general mods. Cost for the 5AM re-flash using your ECU is $395 + shipping. On rare occasion, I do have some for purchase outright @$895 USD, or as a core with a $500 credit with return/exchange of your same model, working Guzzi ECU (no others). For the 15M or 15RC cost is $250+ shipping, or $500 with $250 core or outright (if in stock). The new '13+ V7's cost is $350, and requires the full throttle body/ECU assembly or if you are lucky you can ride in.

For questions post below or contact me direct e-mail; Todd at GuzziTech.com

To order or for info, click >HERE<.

[​IMG]
  2. motobob

motobob Cruisin' Guzzisti

Re: GT-Rx Performance ECUs

Where does this offering fit in with your other ecu mod.'s for the Carc Guzzis? Would this be an alternative to the power commander and ecu mod.? I see you mention north american fuels. Our octane levels are quite different than Europe, the best I can get is 94 octane and this is still low for premium by euro standards. I've thought about adding an octane booster, do you think it would help?
    Thanks,
    Bob
  3. GT-Rx®

Bob, this would be an alternative, yes. Certainly nowhere close to the real-time adaptive capabilities of the closed-loop PC-V & AutoTune.

I won't "sell" this as a do-all/end-all solution like the few others from around the world do. Global fuels are *LARGELY* different. The revisions are based on PC-V/AT derived maps, and a handful of seat time using A/F data from the AT, using U.S. fuels. I spent a great deal of time on the fuel tables, in addition to the normal mods that form the basis for the fully adaptive PC-V/AT kit. Do I think it would be largely beneficial to those with stock bikes? Yes. The timing, temperature compensation and general fuel mods alone are worth it.
    Running an octane booster with the PC-V/AT/ECU set up would be beneficial, yes... otherwise, minimal.
  4. duc

duc Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

Todd,would this be say,like buying the performance ecu for a ducati?I assume it will eliminate the 02 sensor and give much better than stock fueling through-out the rpm range?Will it be offered in more than one map,for instance open airbox with open pipe?Maybe for specific pipes,termi with cat and db killer verses completely open mistral?I do not mean to make this too complicated but just need a feel for expectations.I know one map cannot fit everyones particular bike but have bought fim and ducati performance stand alone ecu's that worked pretty good for intended purpose.

Thanks duc/Mell
  5. GT-Rx®

Mell; Yes, yes, yes and yes.

Right now, I have a few completed for the Griso 11 & 8V. I have maps for every CARC Guzzi (now including the Bellagio) and most mods. Contact me direct with bike and mods. I'll make a complete list of available maps as I get through them.
  6. Bisbonian

Bisbonian Cruisin' Guzzisti

So if I were considering one of your mufflers for my 1200 Sport in the future would you recommend waiting for the ECU until I get that done so that it will be programmed correctly?
  7. GT-Rx®

If you are only going to do the ECU mod, then I would say yes. However, all of the other mods revised on the ECU are standard for the PC-V upgrade as well. The 1200 Sport ECU is tough to remove, else I'd offer a minimal upgrade charge for former re-flash purchasers, as needed.
  8. draidt

draidt GT Famiglia GT Contributor

Damn Todd it can't be any tougher then a Norge could it ? :mrgreen:
  9. GT-Rx®

Same bike (nearly). ;)
  10. wsholar

wsholar Cruisin' Guzzisti

Hi, all,

I had Todd do the $500 ECU re-flash to my Stelvio with an aftermarket Zard slip-on (db-killer in) this past weekend. The new map vastly improved the performance of my US '09 Stelvio w/4K miles. Bad decel popping became minimal decel popping, and low-rpm, low-speed cruising went from an annoying lean condition oscillation to much smoother performance.

So far I'm favorably impressed -- Bike just screams from 6k up, and cruises powerfully and comfortably from 4k up, in all throttle positions. Gas mileage suffered a bit, but I'd rather spend a little more money on gas than have a burnt-up motor at 10k miles. Todd adjusted the slop out of the throttle mechanism, and the throttle control is much better, especially coming out of curves.
  11. Martin

Martin Tuned and Synch'ed

I'll try to transfer my experiences with the ecu into words. . .
    Just a day before our trip to Germany/Luxembourg it arrived, just in time.
    First of all: it runs smoother, particularly through towns in second/third gear. The area just above the 4,000 rpm is also much improved, there's no more sign of any roughness, it even turns out to be a sweet spot to ride: before the area round 5000 rpm was the place to be, but now I found myself riding often between 4/4500 rpm. With two up it's easyer to ride the bike "slow", so what more comfortable for the duo passenger. Riding with two persons on the bike, hill up with full throttle made also a big difference: it pulls very good and fast. :)
    With the flashed ecu all of the popping is gone, even with the steppermotor on. I just close it for the stable idle and decent engine braking.
    Combined with the open airbox, the sound of the exhaust is quite good; darker/lower than before.
    Two up we’ve done 600 km’s and last week I did a trip for 300 km solo and I liked it even so I doubt a PCV/AT would be necessary. So there is no disadvantages? . . . unfortunately there’s one. . that’s the fuel consumption: 1:12 with two persons (8.3 ltr / 100km) and 1:15 solo (6,7 ltr / 100 km) and that’s much more than the 1:16,3 with two persons and the original ecu/airbox. Is it worth it? Don’t know yet. . . time will tell.
    With $3.30 for a gallon I shouldn't care, but for that amount of fuel we pay here $7,50. . . :S and prices are only going up :angry:
  12. guzzibob

guzzibob GT Famiglia

Recently got the GT-RX re-flash for my Norge ECU, by Todd in his garage since I am local to him. Took, oh, a couple hours start to finish. Did it just before I left for Oregon, so had it for the full 2500 mile or so trip. Bike ran great, clearly better than stock in every way. Actually, the gradually increasing pinging at lower & lower ambient temps as the miles rolled up (about 22k when done) is what really triggered my doing this at this time. Dealer attempt to resolve by resetting TPS, checking for map update (had none) made no difference. Now, pings only if I try really hard to by lugging like crazy, & even then to a much lesser degree than before. I was in full "no tickets" mode for this trip, so not sure if I can rely on mileage figures, but so far seems like only a bit less than stock, mostly low/mid 40's rather than the usual mid-upper 40's. Temps got up to as high as 93 on the dash, at which point before it was pinging all too easily, & pretty vigorously. Still pops a bit on trailing throttle, but never bothered me before, still doesn't. Todd says he can probably adjust it out, but getting the full Autotune treatment in a bit which should take care of it-not that I really care. I had no real complaints with performance before (other than pinging) but now clearly more responsive when I give it gas hard. Can really feel the rear hunker down & the front come up (not off the ground-just the angle of attack on the suspension, if you will) from the increased HP. I did notice the one day it was really cool (coast highway Crescent City to near Mendocino), highs around 53 degrees that mileage was down to high 30's. I gather that is typical of Guzzi FI bikes. Also, unless I am just imagining it (placebo effect), significantly less heat coming off the motor. Although I wouldn't have minded the extra heat coming down the coast while it was in the 50's, sure was nice when I went back inland & the temps went up. Gotta be good for the long term health of the motor, too. The motor was really smooth before, certainly no worse afterwards. Looking forward to some roads where I can really lean on it now-not to mention the AutoTune thing when I get that soon. So overall, more than happy to give up a bit of mileage in return for increased performance & a cooler running motor, obvious benefit from getting away from the grossly over lean stock mapping.
  13. Mi_ka

Mi_ka GT Reference

Well, I was just struck by a devil-ish idea: :blush:
    If proper mapping means less mpg then can a properly calibrated memjet style add-on along with a proper switch offset the maps towards a leaner territory on demand?
    That is, have a switch with "proper mapping" position and a "more mpg" position to toggle when needed?
    I am sure Todd will be surprised! Using a cheapo device to ruin his hard work for a few miles more on demand... :unsure:
    Here in Greece the price of fuel is around 1.5 euro per litre --> $5.7 per US gallon.
  14. guzzi jon

guzzi jon GT Reference

I've tried the ECU foolers, and at best, they are a bandaid. I ride my griso in some great mountain areas in So Cal, I need it to fuel and run perfectly. It runs better with the bandaid than stock, but having ridden another griso 1100 with Todds full system, it was a different bike completely. Todd is going to be installing the full setup on my griso in the near future, I will give a full report on it vs, fatduc, ets, vs stock.... I would gladly give up a few mpg's for a perfect running bike
    Cheers, I will report when we're done
    Jon
  15. GuzziMoto

GuzziMoto GT Famiglia GT Contributor

As I recall, with the PCV set up you can have different maps that you can switch between with a toggle switch.
  16. Mi_ka

Mi_ka GT Reference

Eeeeh, I was not clear enough: :blush:

Put a memjet/Fatduc etc together WITH Todds reprogrammed ECU !
    So, presto : proper mapping - toggle - leaner mpg mapping
    As I have written elsewhere (http://forum.guzzitech.com/forum/190/4957.html#p36448), Todd's ECU maps is the right way to go instead of all these temp sensor mods.
  17. GT-Rx®

The 02-sensor input is deleted with my performance ECU.

Thanks to those who have purchased. The ECU flash gives 100% better running over stock, with the PC-V/AutoTune giving an additional 100%. User built maps can easily created for performance and/or mileage.
  18. guzzi jon

guzzi jon GT Reference

Great! That's exactly what I'm looking for 200% improvement, cant wait
  19. mohawkeye

mohawkeye Cruisin' Guzzisti

Gotta say that, by the seat of my pants, the above holds true :D . Yesterday Todd reflashed my Stelvio's ECU, then told me to take a ride. I'd ridden to his place from Pasadena via US101, and the temp on the dash indicated 101ºF; bike was easily pinging @4000 - 4500. After the re-flash, gone, low and mid-range acceleration was much smoother, and the only closed-throttle popping I noticed was when descending down Todd's steep drive way to his house.

After the PCV-AT install (along with the CNC airbox ring), Todd took the bike out for a test run, came back to adjust the map, went out again, and did another minor map adjustment. Now it's my turn. I didn't go nuts; but when the view ahead opened up, so did the loud handle -- DAMN, what a difference! The next curve's coming up a lot quicker!

Back on the 101 I did my best to keep my right hand from being naughty. Again, the 200% improvement's a pretty accurate claim for me. And if the mileage improves a little on my upcoming trip to Seattle (assuming I'm a good boy) and the engine temp lowers, so much the better. Thanks, Todd!
  20. kmartin

kmartin Cruisin' Guzzisti

I can't give a good stock vs "full Todd" review due to my previous mechanical setup issues, but I think one of the best parts of the PCV is the ability to fine tune the map. Took a while for the light bulb to come on, helped by a couple of emails from Todd with corrections to my maps. The thing I'd really like to see now is a PCV software app for the iPhone/iPad, then I'd be able to look at throttle position and AFR when under way. I've asked Dynojet, but gotten no response, not even a "no, go away".