RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. Otherwise, be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GT products and engine kits. We are still mostly a one man operation (not Amazon), so thanks in advance for your patience on orders. PLEASE refrain from emailing about your order Status, as you will get an email with tracking info when your order goes out; Email inquiries on orders slows everything down. Most questions you may have are well answered on the Forum; Be sure to try a search and/or post on the Forum. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something on the Store or that you have purchased from us. We do NOT have a phone number - We are online only - Do not email and tell us to call you. You will find us highly responsive via email on the Contact page with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our custom builds at GTMotoCycles.com or click the Service tab above.

GT-Rx® V7R-820 QuattroValvole Info & Dyno Runs

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by GT-Rx®, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Trout

Trout GT Reference

Wow! The blue & the green follow almost the exact same pattern but the green shows big improvement.
    This is on the V7R rental bike?

2. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member

Yes, stock cam, and 749cc vs. 820cc.

[​IMG]

3. rbm

rbm Cruisin' Guzzisti

Todd, is there any concern that the drive train components cannot handle the 65% increase in HP and torque over the long term? Obviously this might be hard to predict.

4. GT-Rx®

Not at all. Plenty of small blocks raced here with 50-55 rwhp, and Mike beat on his 750-4V at 55 rwhp for ~2+ years including drag strip passes, basically trying to break something. Guzzis are overbuilt... the clutch might be the weakest link.

mwrenn likes this.
  5. mwrenn

mwrenn Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

Man, that is an impressive achievement. A one of a kind V7. Congratulations on getting her up and running....60 rwhp is exactly what the V7 needs!
    That bike is a beast! Whew....
    I did run mine as hard as I could, doing burnouts, going to the rev limiter in every gear, just really trying to see if anything would break. I still have the original clutch in it, put 15,000 miles of hard use on it, and it runs better now than it did when I first finished the build.
    The Quattro Valvole really wakes up the V7, and with the 6 speed gearbox, it will be even better.
    Looking at the dyno numbers, it seems like the 820cc version will pull harder than my 750 starting about 5200 rpm. Man, I need to get out to Cali and ride that thing...

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
    GT-Rx® likes this.
  6. mwrenn

mwrenn Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

Just studying the dyno chart some more. Looks like the 820cc bike made 58 RWHP. So it should go over 60hp after break in, no problem. Pretty cool that 60hp was the goal all along. I also noticed the torque curve on the 820cc bike peaks just perfectly from 4800 to 5000 rpm. That is the sweet spot for street and highway riding, at least for me. Good deal, can't wait to do this conversion on my new Racer!

GT-Rx® likes this.
  7. Yodastien

Yodastien Tuned and Synch'ed

Question is there a reason you used the 2-2 vs the 2-1 is there a power difference between the two?

Poppe likes this.
  8. GT-Rx®

I'll find out next week. The 2:2 on the bike is for @mwrenn, and I have a 2>1 sitting and ready to go for a dyno session.

9. Stradagene

Stradagene Cruisin' Guzzisti

That is a good question. My bike has the 2>1, as well.

10. Stradagene

Todd - Can you add the 820-2V performance to the recent chart that you posted so that we can compare all 4 configurations?

11. GT-Rx®

Blue is stock, green is pre-fuel mapping for the 820-2V kit w/GT-Rx® ported heads, and red is the GT-Rx® 820-4V kit.

OEMV7-8202V-8204V.jpg

IMG_8812.JPG

LaGrasta, Poppe, Gruzzer and 2 others like this.
  12. Trout

Trout GT Reference

If I was only in California I'd grab that wee beastie in the morning & bring it back in the evening and we could see what 600 miles does.

Thanks for all the time & expertise you put into these bikes hope you get feeling better soon.

DK-V7classic and GT-Rx® like this.
  13. GT-Rx®

Another one comes alive...

DK-V7classic, Poppe, A*D*A*M and 2 others like this.
  14. Yodastien

Yodastien Tuned and Synch'ed

So nice

15. Stradagene

Todd,

This is just... so cool!!! Thank you for developing this kit and making it available to the community!

DK-V7classic, Poppe and GT-Rx® like this.
  16. DK-V7classic

DK-V7classic Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

I am looking sooo much forward to completing This assembly in
    Denmark! :-D

Todd recieved My cyllinders last week! Feel like little Boy again, waiting for Christmas :-D

17. A*D*A*M

A*D*A*M Just got it firing!

A 4valver in Denmark! I 'm sitting on a pair of Lario heads here in Gothenburg, Sweden dreaming of converting but figured all shipping fees would cost more than the parts.
    I'd like to chat some to understand what costs it brings sending the parts from Scandinavia to US and back.
    Will be riding to Castle run in Copenhagen in May and take some time off for touring southwards with the pals after that. Perhaps that could give me a chance to see your bike.
    Best of luck!

18. Rafael

Rafael GT Reference

Todd, You did a great job on the color selection too. Beautiful! Bella Bella!! with a 37 lbs loss to boot. I can see one of these in my future - right weight right amount of power. hope your well.

Poppe and GT-Rx® like this.
  19. DK-V7classic

DK-V7classic Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

Very Nice, Those Are rare these days.
    The shipping isn't too bad, once you commit to it, 800 kr. For shipment is not the killer. I was more worried about damage or loosing My only jugs! Can't really ride anywhere without em Right ;-)

I will be posting pictures With all Bells and whisels :) I live in Aarhus, and hate driving on the highway. But that might change, once i am up and running.

But if i am Right, the "only" parts you would need to get Those larios whispering. Would be a power commander With a Autotune mod.
    You should easy get 10hp, just With that. Ofc. There Will be some clearrence and grinding.

But i am Absolutely No expert

Ordered a Autotune module yesterday, allready had the pcV hooked up last year.

Happy weekend ;-)

Biffalo likes this.
  20. Stradagene

I thought I would cross-reference this post from the V9 thread since it is directly relevant to the 820-4V kit:
    The only other thing I would add to this post, in the context of this thread, is that this kit is in every sense truly a part of the Moto Guzzi tradition. The bore of the cylinders in this kit is the same as those found in the latest development of the small block offered by MG in the V9, while the 4V heads are straight from the design of those on the ground-braking Lario. The fact that nothing in this kit was done ad hoc, but instead, everything is straight Guzzi heritage adds an additional intangible visceral appeal to the kit.

IMG_1237.jpg IMG_1239.jpg

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017