• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

GT-RX Exhaust Questions on Sound, Setups, etc.

Sound and personal preferences are in line with feel when it comes to talking about power. I care about not having too loud of exhaust systems, but I care most about power, which nearly none of the other companies that sell exhaust systems talk about or will post power graphs. Yes my systems are much louder than stock. The power backs the sound. They are in no way as loud as most Harleys I experience daily, unless we're talking about the stubby mufflers on my system (as I've repetitively stated are basically no mufflers at all). The exhaust velocities on the Quattrovalvole motor are stupendous, and as such have a much louder sound volume at the end of the exhaust.

As to power "feel"... below is a graph of a stock older 1100 motor, and post mods by me. Almost always people would say, "so why does it seems my motor would pull harder in the upper RPMs more than before when it was modified?" Well, because the torque curve is now MUCH higher, and there were no dips in the power curves like stock. Feel is deceptive. Much the same as with the V7 motor as shown on the other graphs in this section.

I also put my systems up against all others for longevity with a lifetime warranty against cracking and workmanship.

Dyno-TE-Max.jpg

Thank you for this Todd.

Basically since day one, I've only wanted your exhaust system, 1) because you've actually tested your equipment, 2) I think your pipes look 10x better than Agostini or Mistral or Zard, and 3) I love the lifetime warranty and the fact that you back your pipes with such confidence. As you can see at the original post, it's always and only been your Stubby Muffler 2:2 or your 2:1 exhaust with Meg that I've been considering.

I definitely don't want a straight pipe Harley type that ends up just hurting my ears and is annoying to others as I drive by. I would like to get pretty loud, however, as I think the engine has one of the more beautiful sounds out there which is always why I was looking at your 2:1 or your stubby mufflers. I personally think the 2:2 with stubbies looks amazing on your bike, and actually saw two driving on Pico (I think). They sounded amazing. But the Stubby Mufflers, my only concern is that, I've heard, straight pipes or almost straight pipes can take away top end power, which I really don't want to do with the V7. That's why I'm 90% sure I'll end up doing the 2:1 as it seems like it'd be perfect medium of loudness and bringing out the best sound from the V7.

EDIT - I would also like to add that that drop in the curve is pretty interesting. I never noticed that before for the 1100. I have always planned on getting your tuning done because, again, I'm a big fan of your work and how well tested your products are.

Last edited:
With my 2into1 setup I purchased both the stubby and the meg because I couldn't decide. I do like both but right now the stubby is sitting in a drawer with other parts. Love the sound and craftsmanship. Just pull the trigger and buy it you will be glad you did. No regrets

With my 2into1 setup I purchased both the stubby and the meg because I couldn't decide. I do like both but right now the stubby is sitting in a drawer with other parts. Love the sound and craftsmanship. Just pull the trigger and buy it you will be glad you did. No regrets

You definitely gave me that idea when you mentioned doing both. For now, I'm leaning at 2:1 with meg and then getting the stubby later if I want a little extra something. And I'll pull the trigger soon enough. Just need to get moved into the new place and settled.

The only time I really notice the difference in sound between the 2 is at highway speed you can hear the stubby a little better. I think the meg looks better and sounds better. With either everyone stops what they are doing to take a look and listen.

Back