• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

IAT wires

Gray appears to be common to the intake air thermister and cylinder thermister in several CARC schematics. So my best guess, the "signal" wire is the one that isn't gray. I'm not sure what you could do with that wire as the thermister for air temp has little to do with fueling. The engine temp sensor seems to have more influence in the running of the engine. If you are going to try to fool the engine into thinking the air is warmer or colder by changing the reading delivered, I think you would be wasting your time.

As it is a thermistor, as Dave says, it shouldn't really matter. The ECU is looking at the total resistance of the sensor and will adjust its map accordingly based on this temperature. What are you planning on doing?

the thermistor will lessen its resistance as the temperature increases - this is known as a negative temperature co-efficient (NTC). The opposite effect is PTC

I have a Magnum Dyno-Boost that I had on my Ducati. I want to try it on
the guzzi if it doesn't work I'll remove it. I live in Prescott Az at 5,400 ft and
the popping drives me nuts.
Thanks Craig

It will make you run richer - that's all - the fuel map is way over rich and adding more will not do it much good (even has been known to water the oil down, when too rich and on hot days, will make it run like a pig) - what you need is a proper map in your ECU, Craig, and not a "fooler" device. There are options available. A useful option is the stepper motor modification which shuts the air input to the stepper when the engine is warm - this will cure your popping as the stepper interferes with your music below 2600 RPM.

Thanks Tony
I thought the thing was lean as I get around 50 mpg. One trip I took up in the high
country around 7,000 ft. I got 65 mpg.
I have a friend in Australia. I have a mini that I bought from him.
Thanks Again
Craig

Here in the UK we have a guy making a unit which does alter the air intake sensor value to fool the ECU into thinking it's colder, thus makes the engine run richer. It does make a difference to the low speed stutter which some have. Many people in the UK will testify to this.

Back