RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - Be sure to check in on the new products on the GuzziTech Store, link/tab above. Most items, like our limited production GT-Rx® Products, are 100% Made in the USA. Note we are still largely a one man operation, so thanks in advance for your patience. We do our best, but we are NOT Amazon, so do not expect that level of service... and PLEASE refrain from using the Contact form here to ask about your order status OR questions best posted to the Forum. We cannot offer personal support to your questions, problems or issues unless related to a product you bought from us here. NO phone calls can be made - please do not ask. We are online ONLY. Thank you for your understanding and business, past and future.

Is the T3 extinct ?

Discussion in 'Tonti & Loop' started by Fiat500, Jul 15, 2017 at 4:23 PM.

1. Fiat500

Fiat500 Cruisin' Guzzisti

The T3 was one of Moto Guzzi best sellers so the question is, have they all been turned into cafe racers ?
    Have been trying to find just a nice clean example for awhile now with no luck so please tell me you still see standard T3's out there.

2. Amboman

Amboman Cruisin' Guzzisti

One belonging to a customer on my lift right now getting a full rewire and top-end rebuild. Another waiting for me to "get around to it", probably this Winter. My friend Lance has one also. All three are fairly standard, not cafe'd.

3. Fiat500

Good to hear, will keep looking then.

4. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member

They are out there, but rare in the sense that no one wants to sell them! Keep looking, you'll find one. If you haven't already, keep an eye on; http://mgnoc.com/classifieds.html

5. Robert Gibson

Robert Gibson Tuned and Synch'ed GT Site Contributor!

Have seen a few here in Spain, also on fleabay UK.

6. Fiat500

I see Robert there are a few Guzzi's for sale in Spain on the carandclassic site etc. I have been trying to find a bike in the US or UK just for the ease of shipping but if I did find a bike in Spain it can't be that hard to ship to NZ ?

7. Robert Gibson

Robert Gibson Tuned and Synch'ed GT Site Contributor!

Also try www.milanuncios.com. There are a few there for sale, under MOTOR select Motos then under MARCA select Moto Guzzi, MODELO Select T3, then BUSCAR. There are a few for sale private and trade. You could also try Motos Caparros (motoguzzibarcelona.com). He is the longest established dealer in Spain.

8. Fiat500

Cheers Robert.

9. blakbird

blakbird Tuned and Synch'ed GT Famiglia

Fiat500.

Shipping is easy.

Importing may be a headache, depending on NZ customs and excise regulations. AND local vehicle registration licensing and road use rules.

Importing my '78 Lemans (see avatar) into the USA in 1985 was a breeze.
    Had to get a list of parts that needed to be changed "from an approved source" then have a local dealer install and attest that the parts had been installed. Produce all relevant documentation at the local DMV to register 'Ms Raspberry". No emission check and cursory road worthiness / safety checks for motorcycles in 1985.

Friends tell me USA vehicle import regulations are a lot stricter these days.

Bottom line check your countries import regs.

10. Fiat500

Thanks Blakbird.
    There is no real problem importing into New Zealand but you must have a copy of the ownership papers from seller. After that you pay 15% tax on the combined purchase and freight costs followed by the cost of compliance and fitness checks to put it on the road.
    If bike is from a country that drives on the right you may have to change the headlight to dip in the other direction.
    Robert, I had a look at some T3's for sale in Spain. At least there was a few to chose from but asking prices in Euro made it not cost effective to import, still looks like the US/UK is my best bet to find a bike.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017 at 5:09 AM