• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Mindis V7-850 Mods

Sending you a postcard.

It reads, “Keep van. Keep bike. Send Sweet Baby! 🐾❤️
I'm co-parenting her along with my kids on weekends, and she's the nicest sweatiest bitch ever! ...if such thing exist LOL She loves car rides, I bet she'd love to go on a trip on my bike. For a while I'm brainstorming a build of a one-wheel pull behind trailer with the box shaped as enlarged V7 tank (the most beautiful motorcycle tank ever), and with its top off it can be an open trailer for her to go for a trip:)
And by "brainstorming" I mean that I already have a finished product in 3D spinning in my head with all the steps, break-downs, materials, timeline etc. I just need to execute it... I'll have 240v in my shop at the end of this summer, then I'll be able to TIG weld aluminium, I just have to find a cheap motorcycle trailer that is registered so I can "slightly" modify it;)
P.S. that material in North America is known as alOOOOOminum :rofl:

My riding season is on! She sparkles in the sun with all that carbon😍

But it's not all sunshine and rainbows. Yet. Make sm popcorn lads, I've stories to tell, a ride report on my mods...

1. Seat. I had few shorter rides, longest ride was an hour'ish in the saddle. It's not as soft as original, no discomfort, but definitely not for full day trips. It was what I thought it would be. Just after few rides I noticed a little crease line in upholstery:

I know my mistake about that line. Not to fight too much with stretching pleather, I spray-glued top part of it. I'll wait and see till later how is it gonna settle. If it gets worse then I'll reupholster it, I have enough material for it.

2. Bar end weights. Can't compare to stock setup but they're definitely better than glued lead bars I had earlier. After 3K rpm handlebars smoothing out and very little vibrations left. On a highway my fingers used to start tingling just after 15min ride, now I'm good for over half an hour before I need to shake them off. I'll take that as win:)

3. Rear brake upgrade. After Brembo PS11 upgrade rear brakes were tight, but each day I'm finding them on a softer side after bike is sitting for a day. Once I start riding they tighten up, and then next day softer again. When bike is parked and I push the pedal quickly few times, I hear sort of quite squishing noise from ABS unit. None of that noise from front brakes, which were always good and tight. So it appears that I still have an air bubble somewhere at ABS unit. I took time bleeding my rear brakes yet still... I'll get a banjo bolt with bleeder nipple, but that fix will have to wait till my tank is empty because I have my ABS tucked in under the frame as high as possible and don't have an access until I remove my tank to drop it down. So as of now my rear brakes are not better, but the same as they were stock.

4. Rear wheel covers. I picked a day when it was pretty gusty and wind was blowing sideways on a highway near me. With lots of trees and open spaces it's a perfect road to check some people's swear that I'll be "blown off the road as soon as I leave my driveway" LOL At 120kmh I don't feel anything unusual or unsettling, unless I pass a big truck in an open space with wind blowing from the truck side. I could say I feel it more than without the covers but that could be only speculation. At 180kmh I'd probably say that there *is* a difference but as I can't compare with and without them on the same day, it's hard to guess how much of a difference. In other words- I don't understand why some make a big fuss over them:)
On a vibrations- zero, none. I balanced my wheel with new rubber perfectly and added balancing beads inside to account for cover's imbalance, and that seems to be done done the trick pretty well.
After first ride I noticed that my covers are shifted forward and my hole and valve stem doesn't match anymore:

Covers are sandwitched pretty tight but still managed to shift half an inch'ish under breaking. I know that they won't shift any further because now standoffs are resting on the rim's stars. I'm not taking off my wheel and covers to mess with standoffs so I'll just enlarge the hole to oval shape so I can pump my tire when needed.

So, me zipping around, happy as a pig, and then out of a blue I'm starting to hear a rattling noise under hard deceleration or braking. Sounded like a front rotor loose or something. I'm accelerating and breaking for quite a while and checking the bike while I ride to figure it out where that noise is coming from... Then I saw that my belly pan was flopping... When I was mounting it back on after oil change, I only finger tightened top bolts so I don't have to fight with bottom rubber mounts. And then I forgot to properly tighten top bolts. Since I don't have a girlfriend my fingers are not muscly so they were loose and fell out. And belly pan was swinging on bottom rubber mounts with it's top hitting front tire and bottom scraping tarmac. I got barely visible tire rash on the top, ...

... and an extra ventilation hole at the bottom:

If I wouldn't tell you this then no one would notice anything because from outside it looks like that nothing happened LOL

Ima gonna leave it as it is, I kinda don't feel the need to repair it as it doesn't look bad from the outside. I mean, I won't leave it as it is, I'm gonna bolt the top now... :D

Dayum !!

Too bad about the front cowling !
If there was air in the ABS unit, you would need to *exercise* it to get fluid moving through the mechanism.
Overall it sound pretty positive.
Looking Good 🤘
PS: you can’t rotate the disks to line up the valve when you need to…

Last edited:
Dayum !!

Too bad about the front cowling !
If there was air in the ABS unit, you would need to *exercise* it to get fluid moving through the mechanism.
Overall it sound pretty positive.
Looking Good 🤘
PS: you can’t rotate the disks to line up the valve when you need to…
*exercise* how? By trying to trigger it? It feels like there's air somewhere in rear system, it stiffens up only after I pump it with my foot few times, then it softens again...

I tried to rotate my covers back and it was a no go, too tight for my none muscly fingers... LOL

*exercise* how? By trying to trigger it? It feels like there's air somewhere in rear system, it stiffens up only after I pump it with my foot few times, then it softens again...

I tried to rotate my covers back and it was a no go, too tight for my none muscly fingers... LOL
Yes, by getting the ABS to kick in, then flush again.
Lather, rince and repeat :)

Back