RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - Welcome to the GT Forum. Posts here are to help with issues and questions related to your Guzzi & GT products - However, always use the Search feature first, as most topics have been well covered. Please see our store tab above; Off-site hyperlinks for competing products/companies will be deleted. Note we are still largely a one man operation; We are NOT Amazon, so do not expect that level of service. Orders can take a week or more to ship, and PLEASE refrain from using the Contact form here to ask about your order status OR questions best posted to the Forum. If you must reach out, reply on the actual order email with number. Refunds can take 5-45 days after processed in our system... we have no control over this. We cannot offer personal support to your questions, problems or issues unless related to a product you bought from us here. NO phone calls can be made - please do not ask. We are online ONLY. Thank you for your understanding and business, past and future. In SoCal? Visit GTMotocycles.com for all of your Service needs, or click the Service tab above.

Mistral pipes for $437

Discussion in 'V7/V9 Chat & Tech' started by Chokoloso, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Chokoloso

Chokoloso Tuned and Synch'ed

On August 7 I was browsing Af1's site and the mistral shorty pipes in black for the V7's were listed for $437. I regret so much not buying them but I was outta town on a trip and forgot to about it and never purchased. Was this a special sale or a mistake? I have a screenshot for proof but I don't know how to post it on here from the Flickr app, it was so much easier when Photobucket would allow u to just copy paste. Anyway if anyone could tell me how to post the pic on here from Flickr I will so you all won't call me crazy!

Also, is anyone using the pipes from ktown speedshop? I'm curious how they run on the stock map and just how loud those are in person.

2. Wisconsin v7 Racer

Wisconsin v7 Racer Cruisin' Guzzisti

3. Robert Gibson

Robert Gibson Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Site Contributor!

I would agree with the above, A home produced product with a lifetime warranty and it's on your doorstep so to speak. Plus Todd's backup is second to none IMHO.

Poppe, NorthernProducer and GT-Rx® like this.
  4. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member

Please read the Notice in red above, then see the Store tab.
    GT offerings; http://www.guzzitech.com/store/product/gt-rx-ss-v7-stinger-megs/

Below $500 for Mistrals was either a blem, return or blow out. Mistral and the other popular name brand exhaust systems have substandard build quality IMO, It's why I got into building exhaust components when I tired of repairing and replacing them far too often.

Picture post info; http://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/picture-uploads-gt-storage.17093/

Chokoloso, NorthernProducer and Poppe like this.
  5. Poppe

Poppe Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Site Contributor!

I'm with Wisconsin and Gibson. The life time warranty, knowing someone crafted and stands by their product through and through. Then, take it from me, the sound difference is light years above. Don't get me wrong the mistral's are nice, so are the agostinis. I've rode with guzzis with both on different rides, and those guzzi's with those pipes, even the griso with those pipes, have asked me where I got mine.

6. Chokoloso

Chokoloso Tuned and Synch'ed

IMG_9163.PNG
    Here's the pic of the mistrals

I've watched videos and read on the offerings here on the site, but I think they may be a bit on the louder side for me compared to the mistrals. That's the main reason I'm considering mistrals. I leave to work at 4:30am and I do care about waking up the neighbors, the mistrals seem to be on the tame side compared to the megs offered by GT.

Or am I wrong about that? The ones from GT that I would get would be the megs, I'm under the impression that they're louder than the mistrals, even with the DB killers off. For those of you who have heard the difference in person please enlighten me!

Poppe likes this.
  7. Wisconsin v7 Racer

Wisconsin v7 Racer Cruisin' Guzzisti

This is the setup I went with from Guzzitech. I also have the stubby muffler since I couldn't decide which to get. With my helmet on I can hear the stubby and with the meg that's in the video not so much sound with a helmet on.

Poppe, BearV7 and roadscum like this.
  8. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member

Videos are worthless. I can make/offer them barely louder than stock if that is what you want. Sound is relative. Saying you want more but not too much is a tough one. It sounds like you are sold on the Mistrals. See you in a year or so when they expire. ;)

Poppe and Robert Gibson like this.
  9. roadscum

roadscum Cruisin' Guzzisti

For me discoloration of the headers is a show stopper. The double walled headers on the V 7 III stay nice and shiny, just the way I like them, even with my Mostral bright shorty.

Paul