• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Moto Guzzi V7 (2015) - Cold stalling fuelling problem

simeon anderson

Just got it firing!
Hi all. Just to say if you are the owner of a V7 Stone (Mark II) you may have been plagued by the bikes EU regulations which after 40-80 seconds after start up changes the mixture to a leaner variety and causes it to stall. This is fine if you can run the bike for a couple of minutes before you get on it but doesn't work for me as I am running a fairly loud non standard exhaust.

This issue is a pain and downright dangerous. My dealer said "yes we are all aware of the issue but there is no fix apart from an updated map, could it be worsened by your aftermarket pipes". We installed an updated map, but no improvements. Power commander don't do a unit and a ring around to all the other Guzzi dealers couldn't identify a dyno or alternative mapping fix.

After a bit of research I found a company called Finebau

finebauforge.com

they do a bespoke unit and I spoke with Dave who sent me a 2-in-1 750 8 Jet Universal module, which was £150 plus postage

finebauforge.com/MotoGuzzi-V7ie.html

Fitted the unit which took 20 minutes and pleased to day bike is transformed, not just on start up but also stuttering around town has disappeared and bike generally just feels much more responsive. I have also upgraded the rear shock absorber to a twin adjustable bitubo which has also made a huge difference to the riding experience. I no longer feel that the bike wants to spit me out of the saddle on speed bumps.

Come on guzzi raise your game a bit. You have created the coolest bike with an two achiles heels which can be easily sorted. Pictures attached of my finished bike.

Attachments

• IMG_3062.JPG
    IMG_3062.JPG
    189.8 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_3058.JPG
    IMG_3058.JPG
    126.3 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_3104.JPG
    IMG_3104.JPG
    149 KB · Views: 35
After I put custom made pipes on the v7 I had the Ecu flashed with rexxer.
I can start my bike and ride off straight away as the new flash disables the o2 sensors.
As for the stock suspension its not very good so it's best to upgrade front on rear suspenders.

YwRwC9.jpg

Last edited:
The latest module works, believe me. Check out my you tube video review.

No other options in the UK as far as I am aware. I put up this post to try and help other owners

There are a handful of proven ways to modify the injection here on the online Store; https://www.guzzitech.com/store/category/fueling/?filtering=1&filter_model=77

While 02-sensor/lambda manipulators are a bit of a band aid, they do not impact anything other then low speed throttle/fueling, and crudely at that. Caveat emptor.
I only recommend the 02-optimizer on pre-2013 V7s. My reflash tool is typically cheaper then Rexxer, and I supply only painstakingly developed fuel maps. Rexxer does not disable the 02-sensors.

The latest module works, believe me. Check out my you tube video review.

No other options in the UK as far as I am aware. I put up this post to try and help other owners

Hey! Your pipes sound the same as my bike:) I had mine custom made by pipe master.
As for the module I was told by motociclo last year that it wouldn't work on a V7II but it's working on your bike so that's great.
Just make sure your bike is not running lean.

Todd I just noticed what you said about the 02 sensors not being turned off with the rexxer flash.
On my bike they must be as I've got the 02 sensors disconnected and it's not putting up any warning light?

My shop, Elk Grove Power Sports, El Grove Cal. Did a free up-grade download to my bike and it worked great. Cold starting better, along with low throttle low speed driving, no more surging with throttle off situations. You can bounce yourself off the walls and empty your wallet for no good reason, when something free is out there, just a dealership away.

Had a remap in London at the beginning of April but didn't cure my bike. Wish Elk Grove Power Sports was on my doorstep!

On my bike they must be as I've got the 02 sensors disconnected and it's not putting up any warning light?
They can be unplugged without a check engine light coming on. I've seen the Rexxer map.

My shop, Elk Grove Power Sports, El Grove Cal. Did a free up-grade download to my bike and it worked great.
Unless the shop did something outside of the Piaggio PADS, I've ridden all of the current maps. All they did was up the timing at low speed throttle. Nothing on the fuel map. My maps are superior. Promise.

You could be right, Don't know for sure what the factory up grade map changed, it did help improve things. I'm sure what you have probably way better better from what I've heard. Keep up that good work.

Hi all. Has anything changed in terms of solutions to the cold stall problem? What is the recommended fix? My 2016 V7 II stalls constantly 30-40 seconds after startup. Very annoying.

Hi all. Has anything changed in terms of solutions to the cold stall problem? What is the recommended fix? My 2016 V7 II stalls constantly 30-40 seconds after startup. Very annoying.
Check with your dealer to make sure you have the latest ECU updates.

Paul

Back