• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

My Bike won't start

Guzzi5

Just got it firing!
I wanted to start my bike after the winter and had it connected to a battery tender. It's started the first time around and then later when my friend tried to start it it would not turn at all. The red alarm was flashing all the time. I have the fob and the key that I got when I bought the bike used. When I press the FOB the alarm comes on and the other button turns it off. Could it be the battery in the FOB is low or is it got to do with something else? I do not have the code and neither did I try to change it either knowingly.
Any help would be much appreciated as I am new to the Guzzi.

One word: Battery. Replace it. Fob first, then the bike. Ten pages talking about similar issues here on a simple search. ;)
Thank you very much . The battery is fairly new. Was on the battery tender the whole of the winter. I will change the battery of the FOB tomorrow.

Thank you very much . The battery is fairly new. Was on the battery tender the whole of the winter. I will change the battery of the FOB tomorrow.
Believe GTM and do both. Leaving a battery constantly on a tender is not good for the battery. I've mentioned this several times on this forum so I won't go into the details here.

This links to a post about electrics and battery information.

Last edited:
Replace both, batteries are cheap. The light will also flash if the ECU can't talk to a sensor. Mine did it when the ECU couldn't make contact with the oil pressure sensor due to a tech not seating a connector securely.
kk

For some odd reason there was something wrong with the alarm fob. I was sure that there was only one battery in it but when I replaced it was not fitting. Now I put two in it and it fitted perfectly and started too.
Not sure if there should be one or two batteries in the fob?

Moto Guzzi theft incidence in North America is so ridiculously low, I would seriously consider removing that if you really do not need it because of where you live or if you store it out on the street.

It’s just another drain in electrical power and as you experienced, another point of frustration in normal operation.

Moto Guzzi theft incidence in North America is so ridiculously low, I would seriously consider removing that if you really do not need it because of where you live or if you store it out on the street.

It’s just another drain in electrical power and as you experienced, another point of frustration in normal operation.
Yes that is the plan now. I would have to take it to a shop to get it removed and would inquire from a non MG dealership if they can do it tomorrow? It is also inside a locked garage so do not see theft as a problem and this was there when I bought it used end of last year. It is a 2017 bike with only 14,000 km on it.

I may be wrong as trying to get more information online I saw that some Moto Guzzi has been factory fitted with these alarms so I guess I have to contact Moto Guzzi to find out if so?

The manual has North Ridge Customs Cycles as the dealership address on it.

I may be wrong as trying to get more information online I saw that some Moto Guzzi has been factory fitted with these alarms so I guess I have to contact Moto Guzzi to find out if so?

The manual has North Ridge Customs Cycles as the dealership address on it.

That is an aftermarket alarm I’m pretty positive.

Meta Defcom3 was the OEM Moto Guzzi alarm. It was an option on most models (part number 2D000027), and fitted standard on the Touring. If you do a search here you'll find how to set it so it doesn't auto-arm as is apparently required in the U.K. and other places in Europe for insurance purposes. To remove it, you'll need a bypass plug or the bike won't run.

Back