RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - Welcome to the GT Forum. Posts here are to help with issues and questions related to your Guzzi & GT products - However, always use the Search feature first, as most topics have been well covered. Please see our store tab above; Off-site hyperlinks for competing products/companies will be deleted. Note we are still largely a one man operation; We are NOT Amazon, so do not expect that level of service. Orders can take a week or more to ship, and PLEASE refrain from using the Contact form here to ask about your order status OR questions best posted to the Forum. If you must reach out, reply on the actual order email with number. Refunds can take 5-15 days after processed in our system... we have no control over this. We cannot offer personal support to your questions, problems or issues unless related to a product you bought from us here. NO phone calls can be made - please do not ask. We are online ONLY. Thank you for your understanding and business, past and future. In SoCal? Visit GTMotocycles.com for all of your Service needs, or click the Service tab above.

My V7 II Racer

Discussion in 'V7/V9 Chat & Tech' started by Faisal, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Faisal

Faisal Tuned and Synch'ed

Hello everyone,

I'm a new V7 II Racer owner, and I absolutely love the bike. Aesthetically I feel it is unmatched, even though that BMW R9T is one awesome looking bike, but I still went for the V7 II Racer purely for aesthetic reasons. I did not care if it handled poorly or the engine produced 10 hp, I just love the way it looks.

Fortunately for me, though, I found out that it handles well, it produces enough power, and it is very comfortable to ride, other than that vibration that can be felt anywhere from mid to high RPM, but it's not something I won't get used to.

I put on a few hundred kilometers on the bike and immediately began thinking of modifying it, and this is the final product. I say "final", but I might modify it a bit later on. But for now, here are some pictures and I would greatly like your feedback on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PA Sand, mermoto, Stradagene and 3 others like this.
  2. Moto_Max

Moto_Max Cruisin' Guzzisti

looks nice! I'm using the same headlight cage.

I really like the bag over the side plate and the exhaust.

Faisal likes this.
  3. Faisal

Thank you, I appreciate the kind words.

Yes, kudos to BAAK for producing wonderful accessories for the V7.

4. Faisal

Here's a link to the exhaust sound if anyone is wondering how they sound.

https://vid.me/7lCP

dabrucru likes this.
  5. Bob Ponticelli

Bob Ponticelli Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Very nice. Thx for posting. Did you do a re-map?

Faisal likes this.
  6. Faisal

Not yet. I'm waiting for Todd's reflash tool and I might possibly add an extra baffle because as you can hear the exhaust is pretty loud. I'm wondering if I reflash it before the baffle would I need to reflash it again if I add a baffle

7. Bob Ponticelli

I think the answer is yes......what Todd asked me on mine.....baffle in or out. He will work with you as you tinker.

8. trialsn

trialsn Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

That Racer is drop dead gorgeous!

Faisal likes this.
  9. Faisal

Thank you, trialsn. I appreciate the kind words. I think if I lower the headlight a bit along with the clip-ons, it'll look a bit more appealing.

10. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member

For the exhaust, are there any secondary (rearward) hangers, or is the whole system hanging on the heads? If so, they will crack there in due time.

11. Faisal

There is indeed a bracket at the end of the exhaust, it's just not visible in the pictures.

12. dabrucru

dabrucru Cruisin' Guzzisti

Awesome sound

Faisal likes this.
  13. dabrucru

Thanks all for your help. The sound is really nice. i still have nt decided if i go for these or a pair of slip ons. so without remap it run ok with them? you havn t noticed anything different? and do you think being a vII Model makes a difference?
    Thanks

Faisal likes this.
  14. Faisal

There is no noticeable difference from just changing the exhaust, but I'm quite certain once I reflash it, it will be night and day. I don't think the model would make much of a difference since they're pretty much identical other than a few tinkers here and there.

I must tell you though, they are loud, very loud. The clip doesn't do justice to how loud the exhaust is.

dabrucru likes this.
  15. dabrucru

Thanks faisal...enjoy your beauty

Faisal likes this.
  16. JACoH

JACoH Tuned and Synch'ed GT Site Contributor!

Nice looking bike, I really like the bag also. What make is it? It would look good on both sides.

17. Faisal

Thank you for your kind words,I truly appreciate it. As for the bags, they're made by BAAk, and I thought about 2 bags, but to me it was overkill. In my mind it wouldn't look very nice with 2 of them, but to each his own

18. Bob Ponticelli

For me and the Mistrals the bike ran fine/okay without the remap. Why I bought them (price, no remap required) but I got the remap tool anyway. The bike certainly runs much smoother with the remap but the Mistrals didn't really run different than the stock did with the stock Guzzi map. So a new map is nice and the bike will feel much smoother IMO.

19. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member

Right, thanks Bob, and I will add that it will run much cooler, and make more power at lower RPMs, which is why it "feels smoother"... all dyno proven.
    Talking about "feel" doesn't help when it comes to the science of fueling. It always amazes me of how many people go on that alone when it comes to such a large investment. Again for the record, even a completely stock bike will immensely benefit from a corrected fuel map, so increased intake/exhaust flow mods make it much worse. Been that way for decades. Much like jet kits for carbs, fuel injection systems are not adaptive, as they are only designed and set for emission regs.
    Don't pretend it runs OK, and certainly don't listen to any company trying to sell you a exhaust product that tells you otherwise, unless it has a catalytic converter and flow restrictor like stock.

20. dabrucru

so what do i have to do to remap my bike ( i know that for many its an idiotic question, but i know nothing about electronics )