• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New tires on the way for my V9

ChucksV9Bobber

Tuned and Synch'ed
I went with the Pirelli MT66 Route 66 front and rear. Anyone have any experience with them? I am also on my second battery as of 2 weeks ago. The stock battery lasted 1.5 years being on the tender when not in use. I went with a Scorpion AGM and no issues with it, although I was looking at the Lithium ones. I was reading that the lithium ones aren't cold weather friendly on most sites I visited, so I couldn't justify buying one.

I went with the Pirelli MT66 Route 66 front and rear. Anyone have any experience with them? I am also on my second battery as of 2 weeks ago. The stock battery lasted 1.5 years being on the tender when not in use. I went with a Scorpion AGM and no issues with it, although I was looking at the Lithium ones. I was reading that the lithium ones aren't cold weather friendly on most sites I visited, so I couldn't justify buying one.
Tire threads are a vicious downward conversation, so let's end it here.
Batteries: I really wish that non-factual data would just end. Lithiums have been delivered in OEM snowmobiles now for years.
I've been using Lithium exclusively on my personal bikes and rental fleet since 2010 with pretty much ZERO issues. The ones I sell and endorse; https://gtmotocycles.com/search?type=product&q=antigravity*

Motorcycle tires? Yes, I use them, like them, and highly recommend them for every motorcycle!

They're rubber, round, and tend to make the bike go faster than it would without them! >:)

Those Antigravity batteries are SWEET. Very Good Stuff Indeed!

Although, I think I have the record for the longest living original factory AGM battery in a Stelvio. :nerd:

My original 2012 battery is still alive and ticking like a Swiss Watch! 8+ years now. I'm hoping for 10 or more. That will be the longest battery I've ever owned, period.

LINER NOTE:

I know it doesn't make sense, but I have been convinced over the years, that not all "Battery Tender" products, do an equivalent job of maintaining a battery. I used to use the little tiny motorcycle version (0.7 Amp) on some of my bikes, because they were very inexpensive, but the batteries never lasted. However, when I switched to this model several years ago, my results were exceptional.

My Centauro has a LiFePO4 battery now for 5 years. Works perfect every time and I credit it to this unit. My 5 year old boat marine batteries too!

51M1gH4kbCL AC SL1000

Absolutely John. Good advice for sure.

I Load Test that sucker every month. Still flying high, fingers crossed.

Yeah my stock one didn't have enough cranking amps when the motor was warm, found that out the hard way when I pulled over to help a Harley guy fix his bike, and then tried to start it. The charging system is working good just the battery was weak. Since I replaced it I haven't had any issues, also the battery tender that I am using is 4amp with multiple battery selection type. I use this same one on my other bike with no issues on the battery dying.

I'll keep saying this (until it sinks in) to those reading this... older AGMs are far superior to newer ones. ;)
As John says above, the problem with them (old or new) is that you typically get little warning when they fail... unlike older flooded lead-acid batteries.

Absolutely! Preaching to the choir. That's why the Centauro got a LiFePO4 when it was replaced. When each of my motorcycles gives up their original battery ghosts, it will be LiFePO4 technology all the way.

Look just how many problems we troubleshoot around here, where we say "battery..." and they pass a voltmeter over it and think it is good. They don't understand that 4/5 of the cells can be completely dead in a AGM battery, and still read perfect surface voltage.

The coolest feature of those Antigravity batteries, is the restart function, where it will shut down completely to preserve a sufficient charge left to start the motorcycle, and you activate it by a button on the battery which you press. It is a slick and oh so useful feature indeed.

Back