• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Norge 2007

oldgoose

2017 Stelvio
Hi; I am having a problem while removing the pinch bolts of the forks; one is stripped leaving me without being able to remove the fork; does someone have a solution to this situation. Thanks in advance,

From your description I'll guess the head of the Allen screw rounded out. Sometimes a screw extractor can get them. If not drill out the head so you can remove the axle. Get new screws and take the leg to a good machinist to remove what is left of the screw. On assembly coat the threads of the new screws with anti seize and do not over tighten the screws.

From your description I'll guess the head of the Allen screw rounded out. Sometimes a screw extractor can get them. If not drill out the head so you can remove the axle. Get new screws and take the leg to a good machinist to remove what is left of the screw. On assembly coat the threads of the new screws with anti seize and do not over tighten the screws.

Thank you John Zibel; I wanted to remove the forks to change the oïl; the first one did OK but I stripped one of the pinch bolts as mentioned earlier and could not remove the fork, so I removed the bottom fork screw to empty it and refilling; Oldgoose

Thank you John Zibel; I wanted to remove the forks to change the oïl; the first one did OK but I stripped one of the pinch bolts as mentioned earlier and could not remove the fork, so I removed the bottom fork screw to empty it and refilling; Oldgoose

I thought it was the pinch bolt for the axle. So I guess it was a triple clamp pinch bolt. You need to get that fixed so the fork leg can't move.

When an Allen key socket has rounded try knocking a torx bit into it.
This has worked for me many times.

You will have to buy a set to try the size that works best.

When an Allen key socket has rounded try knocking a torx bit into it.
This has worked for me many times.

You will have to buy a set to try the size that works best.
but the problem there is the fairing of the Norge it will not be easy to hammer a torx when so restraint space

Remove the fairing. You need to get access to that fastener.
Yes John; I started to unfasten the screws but changed my mind after an hour . Then reinstalled the screws and had to make the following decision; it s time to roll now but when time comes something will come up; Oldgoose

Yes John; I started to unfasten the screws but changed my mind after an hour . Then reinstalled the screws and had to make the following decision; it s time to roll now but when time comes something will come up; Oldgoose
and then; following the fork oïl change went for a short ride on bumpy road last evening. 50 miles on such roads makes me realize the monoshock of the 2007 Norge is not adequate; furthermore is it possible to improve the suspension while having the stock shock worked at.

Back