• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Norge 8v electrical failure

That fuse powers those relays, plus the screen motor and stop lights, so at times must be close to the limit.

That fuse, having blown, would have caused all the problems reported, so I would very much doubt there is a second fault regarding the charging system.

always good for an easy fix - but why do Guzzi make everything simple so complicated. a fuse blowing that stops you moving the screen or even puts out you back lights i can make it home on, but when it guts off your charging - pretty poor.

thing is, my daily commute is about 19 miles all round and i had no signs of anything going wrong in the days before, bike started without fuss that day, got about 5 miles up the road and it all goes dead. how far do you get without a battery getting charged then ?

The distance you can go would have to be tested and depends on speed, traffic etc.. I once drove nearly 90 km in my GMC truck with a dead alternator on the highway. I made it 6 km from home. I had a new alternator in the truck but needed my tools to change it.

I hear you. The Stelvio is the same way. Sounds like on the Norge it is more a matter of the 15amp fuse being over taxed. Now you know to keep an eye on it. Most likely the screen motor is causing the over current as it has the highest draw in that circuit. You can run a separate fused wire from the battery for just that function but sounds like more work with little gain.

I installed a battery charge indicator light on mine to tell me if I lose charge. Of course, ever since I have installed it, never had another issue since on the Stelvio the issue was related to aux lights shorting out. Once that was fixed, issue was resolved.

He hadn't tried the screen recently, so it wasn't that which caused it.
On the earlier Norge the charge control wire is powered directly from the ignition switch, far more sensible. If I had one of the later models I would be tempted to slightly modify the wiring.

I totally missed the last line of the post about the 15 amp fuse, but that is correct.

Did the High beams work when the fuse was replaced??

That was why I asked to look at the 85 and 86 trigger terminals for power. If there is no power there, neither of the relays will trip when needed.

The 30 to 87 jumper was just to rule out the alternator as being an issue and prove power at terminal 30.

Hopefully it is just a fuse. Of course, why the fuse blew is always a mystery. There is a lot on that 15 amp fuse so the adventure may not be over yet.
Is there a15A fuse
He hadn't tried the screen recently, so it wasn't that which caused it.
On the earlier Norge the charge control wire is powered directly from the ignition switch, far more sensible. If I had one of the later models I would be tempted to slightly modify the wiring.

Back